Electrical World Power Systems Or Cardone New Distributor. Come With Pip Sensor?

JohnnyK81

Sep 17, 2007
I was thinking of replacing my TFI Module (I have a strange hot start issue.. might as well start throwing parts at it!).. Then I read about the PIP sensor, so I figured, might as well replace the distributor!

Cardone (new) is about $20 more than the WPS new distributor. Anyone have any experience with either? They both come with the Module.. I'm unsure if they come with the pip, but I would assume so.

Anyone run either of them? They are both cheap enough, and both new.

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

The distributors come with a PIP sensor, since you have to take everything apart to replace it. If it is new or not is anybody's guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The PIP is not hard to change. You do have to pull the dizzy, punch a roll pin out to remove the gear and pull the shaft. Looking at all of your posts I would not think it is out the realm of your skill set. Mine went bad and caused all kinds of intermittant problems before it finally crapped out

Thanks for the responses guys!

No, replacing a PIP is definitely not above my skillset, but I figured, it and the module are probably both from 1988 (Bought the engine from a donor car.. There are only a few bits and pieces giving me trouble, and they are probably the only bits I never replaced).

I figured for $70ish, I might as well get a brand new distributor, module, and PIP sensor, and cap and rotor!

MIchael, was that A1 Cardone (The reman), or was it the brand new Cardone distributors that came with a reman Motorcraft module?

Thanks!

Debating just buying a Motorcraft PIP and Module now.. Just debating the cost-benefit on a car that gets driven 500miles a year! Any bearings in the distributor (I can't seem to see one in diagrams, but you'd assume there would be at least one, near the top)?

The PIP is not hard to change. You do have to pull the dizzy, punch a roll pin out to remove the gear and pull the shaft. Looking at all of your posts I would not think it is out the realm of your skill set. Mine went bad and caused all kinds of intermittant problems before it finally crapped out

There it is again, someone pulling the Dizzy and punching her. He probably stabbed the dizzy afterwards too! You think after all the bad press sports guys have gotten, he would know better! "Dist." Is safer if you do not want to spell distributor out.

Yes, it is customary to include the pip on a distributor so it is not a partially assembled kit.