Worst Service ever at Livernois Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad:My clutch went out and I took it to Livernois Motorsports to be repaired. It's going on 3 fu%&* weeks and my car has yet to be repaired!!! I have been dealing with Matt who has been feeding me nothing but lie after lie. (Mind you I have paid them $300 already) and all they have done was took the trans and clutch out. He informed me that the throwout bearing was ceased on the transmission shaft and needed to be taken to Liberty Perfomance to be removed. That was 2 Fridays ago. I called him last Monday and he informed me Tuesday he would take it to the transmission shop. Called him last Wednesday for status. And he tells me he hasn't taken it yet because he thought I wanted to see if before he took it. needless to say I was like WTF!!! So he took it wednesday and they got it off for $50. Thursday he calls me to tell me the clutch fork was bent and needs to be replaced (mind you he told me 2 fridays ago that the clutch fork was bent) I called him Saturday and guess what, they sent the wrong clutch fork!!! (or so he says) I called him and told him that I have located a clutch fork and can take it down there today. He puts me on hold and says hey wait a minute it may be here in todays shipment!!! Guess what the clutch was magically in todays shipment. I pretty much feel that Livernois Motorsports since they have achieved so much global fame no longer wants to do small time jobs like mines. Which if that was the case why waste my time and money!!!!! My question is does anyone know of a reputable shop in Metro Detroit Area that can install a clutch and possible some bbk and flowmaster exahust. I contacted Alternative Auto but they are booked..And Pauls is to far!!! If you can think of anyone please contact me ASAP

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear your woes. I thought about taking the Mach to Livernois for a dynotune once i am happy with the mods. Starting to wonder... if your not building a 800 hp monster your just a guppy? Some of these big places are like this, especially when you are doing something mild.

Then again why not take it to a reputable trans shop and not a performance one. They usually aren't into repairing, just upgrading. I dunno

Why not attempt the exhaust yourself? Straight forward and good learning experience.

Yeah, i actually talked with someone who actually use to work at Livernois Motorsports and he confirmed that they often treat their customer's like *****...His buddy is going to hook me up today and will probably have my car done today..only thing is I'm sure Livernois will try to keep all or most of my $300...If anybody lives in michigan metro detroit area I recommend using any of these guys listed below:

Motor City Steel - Metro Detroit's Premier Automotive Performance Center
Calibrated Success - EFI Training, Tuning, Consulting
Alternative Auto Performance - Mustang and Ford Performance Experts
www.libertysgears.com

All I'm going to say is to stay away from Pauls HP. They are just as bad if not worse. I damn near had to take him to court for screwing up my car. He also had my car for like 3.5+ months to put in a transmission, fuel system, and tune it.

Alternative auto is the place to go when you need something done. Lidio is a great guy and one hell of a tuner. Thats the only place I'll go now.

I felt the need to register here and state the facts about your vehicle and the work being performed by us.

We have the discretion when a vehicle arrives to say we don't want to work on it. This is a case where we probably should have said we didn't want to work on your vehicle. The car has 180,000 miles and more than just clutch/trans issues, but I will address the clutch/trans issues in my reply.

You state it's going on 3 weeks. When you called Matt to schedule an appointment he told you to bring the car in on Wednesday, February 11th. You arrived Monday, February 9th, which is not a big deal. This means at the time you made the post, it was 2 weeks exactly. In these 2 weeks, we inspected the vehicle to see if it was a clutch issue or just a quadrant/cable issue. The clutch was indeed the problem and it was so bad that the car couldn't even be started in neutral and put into gear. It had to be started in gear and took off as soon as it started. After finding that it was an issue with the clutch, we had to call you to get approval to cut the exhaust which was welded from the headers all the way to the rear of the car. We cut the exhaust off and pulled the transmission out. The throwout bearing was seized to the input shaft and destroyed the clutch. This was due to a poor installation of the clutch that was in the vehicle. We then called you to notify you of the problem. After you approved the work, we took the transmission to have the bearing removed from the input shaft. We received the transmission back after being gone an entire day, installed it back into the car and realized that the clutch fork was bent. We ordered a new clutch fork, and when it arrived Friday, found that it was not the correct fork for your vehicle. We ordered the replacement fork on Friday and received it Monday (yesterday). One of our technicians stayed after hours last night to complete the job, because he knew how important it was for you to get the car back. Some of the delay was from waiting on parts to be shipped from the manufacturers and waiting for customer approval from you.

In addition to the clutch, we found several other issues with the vehicle that should be addressed (which were shown to you by the technician working on the vehicle).

You can go to any other website and see that everyone says we offer exceptional customer service and support, whether the parts are ordered and shipped or the car is worked on by us in the shop.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

WHOA the exhaust was welded? I agree with Mr. LeBlanc on this one. A performance shop should have never took that car in. That entire car looks like a POS.

Good luck with that one Rick, looks like there are more head aches down the road.

I always say that there is 3 sides to a story. The customer, the shop, and then the truth.:rlaugh:

In this case, there seems to be only 2 sides though. :)

When I lived in Detroit, I heard mixed reviews about Livernois but I never actually had work done there.

I just want to know, who in the hell welded the entire exhaust from headers back before it got to Livernois???? :nonono:

I always say that there is 3 sides to a story. The customer, the shop, and then the truth.:rlaugh:

In this case, there seems to be only 2 sides though. :)

When I lived in Detroit, I heard mixed reviews about Livernois but I never actually had work done there.

I just want to know, who in the hell welded the entire exhaust from headers back before it got to Livernois???? :nonono:

I've been with the company for a long time and I'll be the first to admit that things in the past were not like they are today. I feel that everyone here now cares about the company, the work they do, and have a passion for high performance vehicles.

We've also changed our focus to work on only late model Ford, GM, and Chrysler products and not just take any car off the street. We also manufacture parts for the retail public and private label these parts for customers nationally and internationally.

-Rick

Join date of October 2000 and still has zero posts? :thinking:

That car is beat to hell! I wouldnt work on it :shrug:

I have heard mixed things about Livernois customer service but never heard anything bad about their work before. Just heard they are rude, I have never delt with them so I dont know.

I felt the need to register here and state the facts about your vehicle and the work being performed by us.

We have the discretion when a vehicle arrives to say we don't want to work on it. This is a case where we probably should have said we didn't want to work on your vehicle. The car has 180,000 miles and more than just clutch/trans issues, but I will address the clutch/trans issues in my reply.

You state it's going on 3 weeks. When you called Matt to schedule an appointment he told you to bring the car in on Wednesday, February 11th. You arrived Monday, February 9th, which is not a big deal. This means at the time you made the post, it was 2 weeks exactly. In these 2 weeks, we inspected the vehicle to see if it was a clutch issue or just a quadrant/cable issue. The clutch was indeed the problem and it was so bad that the car couldn't even be started in neutral and put into gear. It had to be started in gear and took off as soon as it started. After finding that it was an issue with the clutch, we had to call you to get approval to cut the exhaust which was welded from the headers all the way to the rear of the car. We cut the exhaust off and pulled the transmission out. The throwout bearing was seized to the input shaft and destroyed the clutch. This was due to a poor installation of the clutch that was in the vehicle. We then called you to notify you of the problem. After you approved the work, we took the transmission to have the bearing removed from the input shaft. We received the transmission back after being gone an entire day, installed it back into the car and realized that the clutch fork was bent. We ordered a new clutch fork, and when it arrived Friday, found that it was not the correct fork for your vehicle. We ordered the replacement fork on Friday and received it Monday (yesterday). One of our technicians stayed after hours last night to complete the job, because he knew how important it was for you to get the car back. Some of the delay was from waiting on parts to be shipped from the manufacturers and waiting for customer approval from you.

In addition to the clutch, we found several other issues with the vehicle that should be addressed (which were shown to you by the technician working on the vehicle).

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Nice reply. There is always two sides to every story. That car has seen better days.

Gentleman of stangnet,

I have talked to Rick of Stangnet, and just picked up my car and I am satisfied with the work that they did, However, let's get something straight here, I was a lontime Livernois Motorsport customer who up into this point had no problem with them, or thier work. The problem I had was with the level of customer service. In my opinion the customer service rep, had been promising dates that he had yet to commit to in regards to making the repairs of my vehicle. For people of this forum, who think my car is beat to death (you are entitled to your opinion), it is not, it is 1999 mustang gt, so sure it is going to have some cosmetic damage, and the pipes that you see posted with the exception of the tail pipes are all original equipment. (I'm sorry if I don't have mounds of $$$$$$ like some of you may have to do all the fancy mods on your cars, unfortunately i have to cut corners sometimes in regards to repairs like exhaust..although I just spent $1600 getting xhaust & clutch fixed) Furthermore, my exahust and the other repairs (which just happened to be tire rods, and some rear end differential work) are really irrevelant. I have yet to understand why rick would even bring that into the equation or yet alone post pictures of my car without my consent (I guess that is good customer service as well)...But I am not going to beat a deadhorse any further, what's done is done!!! And I really hate that things got to this level, becasue I am not that type of person...But you live and learn.

Gentleman of stangnet,

I have talked to Rick of Stangnet, and just picked up my car and I am satisfied with the work that they did, However, let's get something straight here, I was a lontime Livernois Motorsport customer who up into this point had no problem with them, or thier work. The problem I had was with the level of customer service. In my opinion the customer service rep, had been promising dates that he had yet to commit to in regards to making the repairs of my vehicle.

Ok maybe he did committ to them because they were (like many shops do) expecting parts to arrive on time. Sadly there are times when parts are delayed which can and can't be controlled by the shop. Also finding additional problems during the repairs/installs also delays original estimates(that is why it is an estimate). You can't hold the shop accountable for the hidden and/or additional damaged not first seen on the estimate.

For people of this forum, who think my car is beat to death (you are entitled to your opinion), it is not, it is 1999 mustang gt, so sure it is going to have some cosmetic damage, and the pipes that you see posted with the exception of the tail pipes are all original equipment.

Yes we are entitled to our opinion and the concensus is that car is beat.

(I'm sorry if I don't have mounds of $$$$$$ like some of you may have to do all the fancy mods on your cars, unfortunately i have to cut corners sometimes in regards to repairs like exhaust..although I just spent $1600 getting xhaust & clutch fixed) Furthermore, my exahust and the other repairs (which just happened to be tire rods, and some rear end differential work) are really irrevelant.
Not all of us have tons of money either. I have a family with a son to raise. However, my 11 year old Cobra was in much much much better shape because I didn't cut corners when working on it and modifying it.

I have yet to understand why rick would even bring that into the equation or yet alone post pictures of my car without my consent (I guess that is good customer service as well)...But I am not going to beat a deadhorse any further, what's done is done!!! And I really hate that things got to this level, becasue I am not that type of person...But you live and learn.

He did this because you created a thread about the shop. Many times these threads tend to be one sided and he happened to have the evidence to support his side. You CREATED the thread and made accusations. He has a right to defend against such accusations. That is what he did and it definitely brings to light what he had to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.