Wouldn't Ya Know It, High School '89 Gt Look Alike Nearby

To heck with crap box foxes, and jellybean SN 95 Cobras. I'm gonna get an S550 and drive it every day...

:hide:

P.S.....

Did someone actually say sn vert and stiffer chassis in the same conversation????

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra verts are silly cheap when comparing to a clean/modded fox. But, I just can't stomach a vert even if it is cheap.

After buying a Lightning I've been thinking about grabbing a cobra since their prices aren't much more than a foxbody. They're almost as "free" feeling as a fox, but with a little more comfort/advancents. I'm just not sold on dealing with someone else's problems or paying the extra for low mile and completely stock. Hell, the wifey says no to selling the fox anyways.

I'm in to mine for over 10k including purchase price. If I was out to lunch I would list it for 12k like some of these tools. You know what I should do it, if someone offers me 10, they get it and I get a new pickup.

I'm in to mine for over 10k including purchase price. If I was out to lunch I would list it for 12k like some of these tools. You know what I should do it, if someone offers me 10, they get it and I get a new pickup.

I've turned 10k down for mine several times. They were real offers by people with money in hand. To be honest, that number wouldn't touch it.

I've turned 10k down for mine several times. They were real offers by people with money in hand. To be honest, that number wouldn't touch it.

I would take 10k without batting an eye. Mechanically sound strong h/c/i forged internal 306, brand new full front and rear suspension, newer interior, subframes being welded in right now. Straight body, no rust, but there are two issues. Paint is only fair. Previous owner resprayed over original paint without the proper prep. It has a few small peels, it shines up extremely nice, but is a 10 footer. The other issue is the rear bumper has a small crack from when the previous owner installed the exhaust, it was too tight and they forced the catback in there. Maybe I am just being nitpicky but I think those two issues bring the value down.

I would take 10k without batting an eye. Mechanically sound strong h/c/i forged internal 306, brand new full front and rear suspension, newer interior, subframes being welded in right now. Straight body, no rust, but there are two issues. Paint is only fair. Previous owner resprayed over original paint without the proper prep. It has a few small peels, it shines up extremely nice, but is a 10 footer. The other issue is the rear bumper has a small crack from when the previous owner installed the exhaust, it was too tight and they forced the catback in there. Maybe I am just being nitpicky but I think those two issues bring the value down.

Mine's not a ten footer.

Reactions: 2 users
Well 4,500 into it with the Trick Flow stuff and supporting mods and just old parts I replaced, 2,500 in trans work, 3,600 in paint, wheels and tires, all new trim and stuff, paid 14,000 in 1989, does that count?? probably not, so all in is about.......nope never gettin it back :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
I love the 96-98 Cobras. When I was in HS, the 1998 Cobra was out and I remember when I was in search of my Fox Mustang, going to a dealer that had a 90-93 GT on the lot. The dealer instead took me to look at a Chrome Yellow '98 cobra vert and convince me and my dad to buy it. I really did want it, but I was 17 at the time and $25K was a lot of money.

Ever since then, I've wanted a chrome yellow 1998 cobra vert. Shifter, exhaust, and drive that baby all summer long.

See, this here is why I am a fox guy at heart. My dad and I discussed restoring an '85 GT, and made several trips to Dallas Mustang in late 90's while it was on the table. Then my first Mustang was my '89 basically identical to this car I am lusting after. I really do like SN's, but they just dont hold the same sentimental value to me. If I am able to grab this '89 (should know tomorrow, or at latest by the end of the week), I am not sure if I could even mod it much. My '89 had only engine work, and the rest was stock. This car takes me right back, even just looking at it. I feel like changing everything up to hot rod it would ruin that for me. I think I would mostly just tinker with little things, more restoration type.

Reactions: 1 user
See, this here is why I am a fox guy at heart. My dad and I discussed restoring an '85 GT, and made several trips to Dallas Mustang in late 90's while it was on the table. Then my first Mustang was my '89 basically identical to this car I am lusting after. I really do like SN's, but they just dont hold the same sentimental value to me. If I am able to grab this '89 (should know tomorrow, or at latest by the end of the week), I am not sure if I could even mod it much. My '89 had only engine work, and the rest was stock. This car takes me right back, even just looking at it. I feel like changing everything up to hot rod it would ruin that for me.
I think I would mostly just tinker with little things, more restoration type.
Somebody get me a chisel,....I need to quote that in stone.

That is the internet you, blatantly ignoring the real you. Every car you've had since dumping the 4 eye has been molest----er---modified. The only reason that the Charger hasn't seen the aftermarket, is that you haven't had it long enough, and if you get this new to you fox, you'll have a different hole to dump money into.

Do not try to fool those who think they can fool their wives.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope,she's a beauty :)
Had any progress with it lately?

Nah. I think I might have hurt a head gasket. I'm trying to decide if I want to tear it down and fix it, or start building the 351, or put a cover on it and start working on my 49 F1.

Reactions: 1 users