Wouldn't Ya Know It, High School '89 Gt Look Alike Nearby

Yeah,...that's the ticket...ignore the problem,,,,,maybe it won't be there when you uncover the car.:hide:

Well, I'm kind of bored with it. My son won't let me sell it.. I also have a boat that's also getting ignored, so.. I'm just kicking around the idea of long term storage until my interest comes back around.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It did not. As always, the "really interested" party backed out. The thing about it is that I think I can put a $1k down on the car to have them hold it in their climate controlled "classic car showroom" until the beater sells. I have timing on my side. Its a pretty nice AWD winter beater, and winter is coming. So that is my plan.

Somebody get me a chisel,....I need to quote that in stone.

That is the internet you, blatantly ignoring the real you. Every car you've had since dumping the 4 eye has been molest----er---modified. The only reason that the Charger hasn't seen the aftermarket, is that you haven't had it long enough, and if you get this new to you fox, you'll have a different hole to dump money into.

Do not try to fool those who think they can fool their wives.

The Charger started seeing the aftermarket immediately. I had to get into the computer and turn off the "auto upshift" feature of the friggin MANUAL bump shifting which required a hand held tuner... I also wired in a transmission controller that allowed me to set my shift points, firmness, and have a line lock feature using the front ABS. Lets see, I also cut up and welded on a Roush axleback kit from a S197 Mustang, and cut out and welded in pipe where there was once horrible SLP "mufflers". Then I put in all new speakers, new factory headlights to get rid of the el cheapo Ebay halo's, installed a Mopar "M" emblem on the front bumper in place of the ram head, and ditched the bulky rear spoiler for a cleaner look. You are right, I never leave anything alone. But this car will be more of a slower "do it right" type of car. I get to start with a bone stock platform.

Notice I talk about it like I bought it. Let me say that I havent bought it yet, but fully intend to if no one randomly does in the next 4 days.

The Charger started seeing the aftermarket immediately. I had to get into the computer and turn off the "auto upshift" feature of the friggin MANUAL bump shifting which required a hand held tuner... I also wired in a transmission controller that allowed me to set my shift points, firmness, and have a line lock feature using the front ABS. Lets see, I also cut up and welded on a Roush axleback kit from a S197 Mustang, and cut out and welded in pipe where there was once horrible SLP "mufflers". Then I put in all new speakers, new factory headlights to get rid of the el cheapo Ebay halo's, installed a Mopar "M" emblem on the front bumper in place of the ram head, and ditched the bulky rear spoiler for a cleaner look. You are right, I never leave anything alone. But this car will be more of a slower "do it right" type of car. I get to start with a bone stock platform.

Notice I talk about it like I bought it. Let me say that I havent bought it yet, but fully intend to if no one randomly does in the next 4 days.
:worthlesb

lol

Late to the party, but if my high school sweetheart looked that good after all these years. I would drove the heck out of that car haha.

My high school car had 152,000 miles on it when I bought it, and ran like a brand new car. I didnt know it until after my buddy that bought it from me had totaled it and pulled the motor that it had a pretty fresh and slightly modified motor. The car had a prior salvage title, and had been rebuilt well. This car I am looking to pick up is bone stock with 122,000 on the clock, and has no clutch and no balls left. It moseys on down the road ok cruising, but is no hot rod by any means. But again, its a clean slate for me. If I end up with it, I plan to start with a few interior restoration pieces, high flow catted H pipe because it still has the factory cats that damn sure have to be clogged, then a clutch, firewall adjuster and quadrant. From there it will be enjoy it as is until I can afford to build a 347 and go 5 lug.

If you cant tell, I am excited to see if I end up with it next week, and get back to a platform I can have fun with because this SRT just isnt a mod friendly car. I have to have something to tinker with, and what better a car than my old high school sweet heart.

Meh,....it would be hard for me to get that excited about a fox mustang, if the car(s) I had in highschool suddenly popped back into my life for 8k. (because although the cars are out there,...they will never only be 8 k)
From 10th-11th (until I hit the dodge polara)
1965-mustang-gt-coupe-1-of-60-built-for-the-debut-of-the-mustang-gt-not-fastback-1.jpg

From 11th-12th-on:
1969_00047_04.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I'd pay $8K for my HS car, or one that looked like it. If we are talking strictly sentimental value, then yes it's worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Had the chance to buy my first mustang back. I was tempted but eventually realized that the car was just to beat up for my tastes/wallet. It would have required me to sell my 86 and it's a much nicer vehicle. I hope you get it! Good luck!

If you cant tell, I am excited to see if I end up with it next week, and get back to a platform I can have fun with because this SRT just isnt a mod friendly car. I have to have something to tinker with, and what better a car than my old high school sweet heart.
Srt's are high dollar machines and damn near anything you do will require a flash. Screw that.

In all honesty, I should just tell them to hold it until Tuesday. I have 100% intention to buy it. Im waiting for my S197 watts link to sell to throw that money toward it, and maybe get lucky and get a hit on the Explorer this weekend. Even if the Explorer doesnt sell, I have means to buy it and just have a p*ssed off wife until the Explorer sells. Wouldnt be the first time.

Had the chance to buy my first mustang back. I was tempted but eventually realized that the car was just to beat up for my tastes/wallet. It would have required me to sell my 86 and it's a much nicer vehicle. I hope you get it! Good luck!

I sold mine to a buddy, and someone turned in front of him two weeks after he bought it and it was totaled. He parted it out and scapped the shell. :( So this is as close as I'm gonna get to having it back.

I sold mine to a buddy, and someone turned in front of him two weeks after he bought it and it was totaled. He parted it out and scapped the shell. :( So this is as close as I'm gonna get to having it back.
Sounds familiar. I sold my first car(62 impala) to a classmate as we were graduating from HS. car scared him and he sold it in first couple months to a kid who decided to take on a telephone pole. Pole won. Kid lived(thank god) but the car didn't.

That sucks.

My HS car survived me going off to college, struggling with school loans, buying a condo, having a kid, buying a house, getting married, and another kid. Now I'm at the old fart age where I can enjoy it again.

Through all that, I was fortunate I never had to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go buddy. Nothing special, but you asked.

Replacing the Ebay headlights with stockers.
Before
20160904_124937-1_zpsv40ayids.jpg
During
20160918_190307_zpsgugwlifw.jpg
After (in my father in law's driveway)
20161001_113028-1_zpssulymrvd.jpg

My three year old helping me work on the exhaust.
20161004_183442_zpsoxa6qoty.jpg

My latest idea, remove the side trim and go wingless (cant see chit out the back window with that big thing)
20161017_192912_zpsicpywpof.jpg