Wouldn't Ya Know It, High School '89 Gt Look Alike Nearby

Here you go buddy. Nothing special, but you asked.

Replacing the Ebay headlights with stockers.
Before
20160904_124937-1_zpsv40ayids.jpg
During
20160918_190307_zpsgugwlifw.jpg
After (in my father in law's driveway)
20161001_113028-1_zpssulymrvd.jpg

My three year old helping me work on the exhaust.
20161004_183442_zpsoxa6qoty.jpg

My latest idea, remove the side trim and go wingless (cant see chit out the back window with that big thing)
20161017_192912_zpsicpywpof.jpg
Good looking car buddy, I'm a big fan of the Chargers and the Magnum Wagons(Been eye ballin' one for a couple weeks now lol.)

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well I officially committed to the fox today. I've been telling myself that if it sells before I'm ready to buy, then that is the way its supposed to be. But then when I get to thinking about how I'd feel if I let a bone stock version of my high school car get away, I get all anxious. So I told them I would be in tomorrow with $500 to put down, and the rest in a couple weeks. Being I have bought 3 cars from them, they said they would pull it off the lot and hold it until I bring it all. I like to pride myself that I'm a man of my word, so yeah.

Reactions: 3 users
Like anyone here who is potentially picking up a new to them car, you start planning things before you even possess the vehicle. I have roughly $900 worth of interior restoration parts, a shifter, firewall adjuster, quadrant, etc in my LMR cart already. Am I crazy for wanting to keep this car as close to stock as possible, with the exception of 4 lug aftermarket wheels and get as much out of the stock engine as possible?

My reasoning for asking is two fold. 1) Driving the car in stock form last week is what really took me back to my past. Being in high school, I was just thrilled to have a good running stock GT, never having $ to mod it. 2) We all know how rare it is to come across a 100% bone stock fox.

I know I will be repainting it at some point, but aside from that, I think the value could be there down the road, versus if I install an aftermarket block, different trans, etc.... I want to keep all numbers matching, and be able to make it 95% stock again without having a separate double stall garage of factory parts to reinstall if desired. So maybe some springs, shocks, struts, a 331 stroker with Thumper E7's, Tmoss ported stock intakes (if he even still does that), and upgrade to 11" (or whatever biggest I can fit) front 4 lug rotors and the better calipers... All easily reversible, minus the engine work, but that will still look stock on the outside. Spare me the corkscrew of your engine combo talk, please. I think a clean, reliable, torquey weekend cruiser I can reminisce in, and potentially toss the factory wheels on and show as an "original" type car on occasion would be pretty cool. Anybody with me? Hell, I could even start the most boring progress thread on the site!

Reactions: 1 users
Like anyone here who is potentially picking up a new to them car, you start planning things before you even possess the vehicle. I have roughly $900 worth of interior restoration parts, a shifter, firewall adjuster, quadrant, etc in my LMR cart already. Am I crazy for wanting to keep this car as close to stock as possible, with the exception of 4 lug aftermarket wheels and get as much out of the stock engine as possible?

My reasoning for asking is two fold. 1) Driving the car in stock form last week is what really took me back to my past. Being in high school, I was just thrilled to have a good running stock GT, never having $ to mod it. 2) We all know how rare it is to come across a 100% bone stock fox.

I know I will be repainting it at some point, but aside from that, I think the value could be there down the road, versus if I install an aftermarket block, different trans, etc.... I want to keep all numbers matching, and be able to make it 95% stock again without having a separate double stall garage of factory parts to reinstall if desired. So maybe some springs, shocks, struts, a 331 stroker with Thumper E7's, Tmoss ported stock intakes (if he even still does that), and upgrade to 11" (or whatever biggest I can fit) front 4 lug rotors and the better calipers... All easily reversible, minus the engine work, but that will still look stock on the outside. Spare me the corkscrew of your engine combo talk, please. I think a clean, reliable, torquey weekend cruiser I can reminisce in, and potentially toss the factory wheels on and show as an "original" type car on occasion would be pretty cool. Anybody with me? Hell, I could even start the most boring progress thread on the site!
Nah, hell Nick, sounds like a good idea to me. These cars are cool from the beginning, slight, tasteful modifications just add to it. Four lug is good too.

Mind you, the 331 will be tons of fun too.

Somebody get me a chisel,....I need to quote that in stone.

That is the internet you, blatantly ignoring the real you. Every car you've had since dumping the 4 eye has been molest----er---modified. The only reason that the Charger hasn't seen the aftermarket, is that you haven't had it long enough, and if you get this new to you fox, you'll have a different hole to dump money into.

Do not try to fool those who think they can fool their wives

Just thought I'd reiterate.....

Reactions: 2 users
Well see. Part of me just feels guilty for modding a stock fox when there arent many left out there, but at the same time this is a worn out version, not a low mile mint example. First thing's first, gotta bring her home and take my lashings.

Part of me just feels guilty for modding a stock fox when there arent many left out there

This has never made sense to me. you're thinking of preserving a car for a market that doesn't care. It's just not important enough of a car. Do whatever the hell you want to it, it'll be worth more to you in sentiment than it will ever be worth on craigslist, modded or not.

FWIW, I was reading through this thread hoping I'd scroll to where you posted that you bought it

Reactions: 2 users
This thread did not deliver expected results.
Watch out,..he's testy. All I had to do was repeat myself, and he called me a dick.

(for that matter all I had to do with you was agree w/ you and you wanted me to bite you)...:scratch:....Maybe you're both worried that your gonna get divorces?........or is that just Nick,...and you were just tired of blowing stuff literally clean off your car, and trying to set it on fire at the same time?

This has never made sense to me. you're thinking of preserving a car for a market that doesn't care. It's just not important enough of a car. Do whatever the hell you want to it, it'll be worth more to you in sentiment than it will ever be worth on craigslist, modded or not.

FWIW, I was reading through this thread hoping I'd scroll to where you posted that you bought it
He did say he bought it. a little ways up the thread he said he put a 500.00 "Hold" on the car till he manages to get the USS Saratoga sold to help fund his new to him fox. And don't concern yourself about his trepidation's as to modding the car.......he already has 900.00 worth of junk sitting in an LMR wish-list.

Geez,.......why do I have to be the only one that reads all of this stuff and gets chewed out for my occasional sideline words of encouragement for you guys?

You gotta know that I have been in all three of your garages in my own circumstances.

#1. in Nick's........There has been waaay more than one circumstance when I have wanted a car so badly I would've jumped into hell to get it as justification/punishment.
#2. In Collin's All anybody has to do is read anything I've written over the last three years in my threads.......when has ANYTHING I've done, ever went right the first time?

And in your's Sir...........Wait a minute....:O_o:......No,...on second thought,....I've never been in your garage,...What am I thinkin about? I've never put a Chevrolet engine in anything that it didn't belong in. Matter of fact, I've never put a Chevrolet engine in a Chevrolet.

Nope, never in your garage.;)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey now, I read the whole shebang. he doesn't own it til it's in the driveway!

I feel this exact same way. Even though I forked over 5 bills, I feel like it just went poof into thin air. And secondly, ol' @Davedacarpainter , how the hell can you go liking that statement when you have gone and painted a 1/3 of a car that hasnt sat a second in your driveway???

This thread did not deliver expected results.

Not yet, give me about a week. The car will be paid for and sitting in their climate controlled "classic car showroom" until my Explorer is gone and I laterally move that money into new flooring for my house. I supposedly have someone coming to check out my Explorer on Friday evening. That new flooring translates into me having what I want, and my wife having one less thing to b*tch about me spending money on that isnt new flooring.

I feel this exact same way. Even though I forked over 5 bills, I feel like it just went poof into thin air. And secondly, ol' @Davedacarpainter , how the hell can you go liking that statement when you have gone and painted a 1/3 of a car that hasnt sat a second in your driveway???
That's just Dave......he's a Like machine.

I couldn't find it in the link during the 3 seconds I looked at it. So I've not no idea what it even is lol

Turns out they took it off their website already, so that link in the first post is all but useless now. Its a maroon/titanium '89 GT with turbine wheels, cheese grater tail lights, grey interior with a functioning ash tray door and map light. :banana:

Mine is paid for, you might consider it to be "in storage".:jester: Besides....I'm at the half way mark now.....

Besides Nick, i'm really happy for you. Your almost back into a fox!

Last edited:
Mine is paid for, you might consider it to be "in storage".:jester: Besides....I'm at the half way mark now.....

Besides Nick, i'm really happy for you. Your almost back into a fox!

Yours might be paid for, but it hasnt hit your driveway either!

All sh*t talking aside, I am pretty excited. I was able to score about $800 off parts from my 2011 today, so that will be nice to put aside for when I do actually possess the car and want to start cleaning up the few things the interior needs. I am going to start there.