Electrical ‘90 horn wiring??

Hello all,
Doing a ground up resto/mod on a 90 hatch. Neatly shaved and tucked bay now and am getting into the electrical phase of the project. It came to me from the south (I'm located in Michigan) as the rolling chassis of a former 4 banger. All electrical was intact but some things disconnected. I didn’t make note in the tear down, but now as all driver side wiring is tucked in apron, I don’t see a connection for the horns. I do however see this empty connection and am wondering if the horn wiring connects to this via a spade connector. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

thanks y’all

Attachments

• 18AEC617-F81D-4FAD-BD4C-EF9C90A5DC0B.jpeg
    18AEC617-F81D-4FAD-BD4C-EF9C90A5DC0B.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Sponsors (?)

Please post the wire colors with the solid color and stripe color along with the model year of your car.
They help identify the circuit and its function. Do not depend on a photograph to do the job, since the camera and then the device the photo is viewed on can alter the color presentation. Clean the wires with some solvent before trying to identify them.

The wiring color codes are a clue to the wire function. A list of the colors is helpful along with the pin to color assignment. The connector shells always have a letter or number on the shell for each pin.
Example:
connector pin A= blue/white
connector pin B = red/green

Ford Factory wiring diagrams have a wire color to function table in the first few pages. The table is generic and is for all Ford products, not just Mustangs. For that reason, you need to think about what sort of options and equipment are in your car.
For example: If the table says wire color is for a power seat, you are looking at the wrong wire color/item type. Fox body Mustangs didn't come with power seats, so you know that isn't what you want.

Ford changed the color for some wires in 91, so that's why the year model is important.

Also show an extra picture of the mating face side of the connector so that we can see the connector shape and how many pins are in the connector. That helps identify the circuit function since most of the connector shapes are unique to the circuit they serve.

Not the horn. The horn is through the clockspring which contacts three “fingers” that feature a 3-terminal plug. This is what it looks like on 90-92 cars

E6E62BA3-2E53-4989-B7C5-1A5B222B6033.png

I believe the plug you are looking at is the ignition key warning chime plug. I’d need to check my EVTM to confirm

I know the horn buttons connect to the clock spring. I’m referring to what plugs into the actual horns on the driver’s side inner apron. That’s where the pictured connector is located. I’m wondering if the horns connect to this via a jumper wire or something.

AH. Now i have my bearings.

That plug you are holding is for the windshield washer fluid pump test plug. I beleive grounding it will cycle the pump.

The plugs for the horns are actually part of the headlight harness, so you need to look further near the front of the car.

Just went out to the car for a pic, Top circle is where wire comes out of headlight/fog light harness. Lower circle is the horn plug. It looks like the wire jumpers from the first horn to the second.

My car is a 90 GT so colours and locations should match.

20210901_160923.jpg