Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 3” 98 Saleen S-281 build

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not a big fan of red on cars, but that red is super nice!
I hated laser red. Had customer tell me it was never going to look good in that color. People told me I should just change the color. Challenge accepted. Now those same people have asked about getting my custom blend on their project.

Reactions: 1 users
Well. I debated engines in my head. I have the original drivetrain and its weak. Pouring money into it would really be equal to flushing it. At the end of the day its a 2V and maybe a 200 horse motor. So 5.2 Voo Doo motor with a 6 speed it is. Eventually whipple.
BC71BD8D-826F-4330-8918-AC4370BF0FCF.jpeg

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users
I had to remove that same shifter from my car, it never seemed to work properly and the detents did not line up or engage when they should have.

Getting started on the 5.2. Going to be doing cams and swapping the plastic cam covers for 2020 GT500 aluminum covers
284B87E9-2294-448A-AD3B-6BDFB25D74FA.jpeg

Make sure you also get a 2020 dipstick I recently updated to the 2020 covers and powdercoated them they are awesome quality

The last month has been all about collecting and painfully buying parts for the swap. Still waiting on a couple items but most stuff is in hand and we are about ready to go with the 98 Voo doo Saleen swap.
One project will be exhaust…I plan to replicate the orginial Saleen Borla exhaust but use modern and stainless 3 inch stuff. Most of the exhaust will have to be custom to clear the panhard bar and torque arm. Not pictured is the slew of 90/45 and assorted mandrel Bends.
6947D73F-7BA0-4F03-9BAA-C5070CEC0C9C.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users