Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 5” 86 4 eye T-TOP notch build

• Sponsors (?)

Goin Need pics of these

1601607095271.png

Reactions: 1 user
Thought you bought an ‘86 coupe? That sure looks more like an ‘89 4 banger? Was it a full on aero conversion, dash and all?
It’s an 86 coupe. Long story but basically a one owner car. Original owner put into a auto shop in 1994. They had started converting it to 87 up aero stuff but they weren’t even good at that and only got the dash in and a stupid GT rear bumper on. It sat in that same shop till 2020 4 days ago. This car is as barn find as you can get. The red 86 dash also came with it sitting in the engine bay
1F9526A2-17AD-4CDC-A3A4-7743FA6F60D6.jpeg

So the owner put it in a shop in 94 and in 24 year all they did was install a dash in the engine bay.
They managed to tear it apart, lose lots of pieces, instal a fugly GT bumper on a notch, botch the repairs they did make on and on. Just a reminder why so many cars end up with me. Lol!

Reactions: 1 users
Can you put a hatchback t-roof on a notch? Or are you grafting it at the rear of the roof area and not the rear quarter structure?
The t-top part is a same frame for a hatch and coupe. So we cut the notch roof the same measurements as the hatch and weld or rivet the frame into place

Reactions: 1 user
They managed to tear it apart, lose lots of pieces, instal a fugly GT bumper on a notch, botch the repairs they did make on and on. Just a reminder why so many cars end up with me. Lol!
But...24 years! I think after the first 5 or 10 I might be considering legal action.

But...24 years! I think after the first 5 or 10 I might be considering legal action.
I agree. The poor man died in 2013 and it stayed another 7 years. But I’m glad it worked out that way. Dry storage and the less they did it it the better. But this car just hit the lotto after all that neglect

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users