Expired '09 Shelby Gt500, 73k, $8,500, Nesbit, Ms Salvage But Drivetrain Is Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Rust

Jun 27, 2017
I was a proud owner of a '09 Convertible Shelby....it is (was) 1 of only 5 white w/black top, black w/red in-laid seats and door panels that they made in 09. I was gonna keep it forever...sad to say my wife totaled it a few months ago. It ripped the passenger front tire assembly, strut tower and all, out from the wheel well and damaged the entire passenger side, nose cap, hood (slightly), driver front fender (slightly) and rear cap.

I bought the car back from insurance because the engine/drivetrain is still good...at least I think it is. The engine is fine, runs great (radiator was busted though). Wiring harness got pinched in the passenger wheel well, 5 wires were cut and a few more pinched good, but I temporarily spliced them back and replaced those 4 fuses and all seems to work fine, but will need proper splicing to weather proof the connections.

It has just under 73k on it. I believe the rest of the drivetrain to be good as well (can't drive it to check it). I put the front passenger corner on a dolly and I back it out of the garage under its own power to fill the radiator and run it to keep everything lubed good every week or so.

Some of the body is still good (most of the driver side is fine), interior is good but needs cleaning (convertible wrecked into a muddy ditch). The rag top is a nice fabric type, not the cheap vinyl type and it is undamaged and hydraulics are fine. No air bags deployed. All glass in tact. Passenger side door was caved enough the window won't go up and down without hanging though, had to cut a hole in the door to use a pry bar on the crash bar to get it rolled up before it was rained in. Stereo and dash components and all electrical except items in the nose cap appear to be fine. Tires seem to be shot, but they may be leaking due to rim/bead damage. Rims...only one holds air, but it was scratched up by the tow company.

Only upgrade I did was to put Bassani axle-backs on it and the salvage company dented one of them.

No other cars were involved, it simply got away from her in the loose clay pack on the shoulder of a two lane road.

I am looking to sell the entire car, not part it out. I am asking only $8,500 for the whole car! Cash, money order, or cashiers check. It would be perfect for someone wanting to upgrade their GT or make 'em a sleeper out of a 6 cyl body.

I may have left out a few details, but this should be enough for info for now.

I have pics and a couple videos I will send to serious inquiries.

Sorry if the pics are sideways, couldn't figure out how to rotate them....:(

IMG_5972.JPG
IMG_5975.JPG
IMG_5982.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_6247.JPG
IMG_6250.JPG
IMG_6251.JPG
IMG_6253.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.