Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

I've started to research my interior reinstall and have run into a common problem of sourcing new or reconditioned seatbelts. I contacted Prestige Mustangs and apparently '93 notch rear seatbelts are as hard to locate as interior trunk lining. Prestige Mustangs suggested I try "seatbelt (re)webbing" which is the replacement of your old seat belt webbing with new webbing. LMR has new front seatbelts, but no '93 rear seatbelts. So, long story short...in all new seatbelt webbing in black ($74.99 each) and Seat Belt Restore out of Westfield, MA will repair one of the seatbelts which has locked up for a total of $365.
Seatbelts are a real problem . Does anybody know how to make them not grab all the time . Im going thru this also . They sell universals on one website. You would think you could get them as easy as all other parts

• Sponsors (?)

This is who I'm going with. You mail them your complete seat belt and assembly and they replace the seat belt webbing. They can repair a locked seat belt as well. 24 hour turnaround. They also have discounts if you call them. Very good Google rating.

Last edited:
I've started to research my interior reinstall and have run into a common problem of sourcing new or reconditioned seatbelts. I contacted Prestige Mustangs and apparently '93 notch rear seatbelts are as hard to locate as interior trunk lining. Prestige Mustangs suggested I try "seatbelt (re)webbing" which is the replacement of your old seat belt webbing with new webbing. LMR has new front seatbelts, but no '93 rear seatbelts. So, long story short...in all new seatbelt webbing in black ($74.99 each) and Seat Belt Restore out of Westfield, MA will repair one of the seatbelts which has locked up for a total of $365.
There is a guy on one of the Facebook groups that makes the trunk carpet stuff . It isn’t the exact shape of oem but it’s very nice . He also makes the carpet for the trunk lid itself .
C839B715-5A7D-439C-8710-8500E12CC1E1.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
There is a guy on one of the Facebook groups that makes the trunk carpet stuff . It isn’t the exact shape of oem but it’s very nice . He also makes the carpet for the trunk lid itself .
C839B715-5A7D-439C-8710-8500E12CC1E1.jpeg
Cool. Thanks. I remember you mentioning the undertrunk liner. I've heard of the coupe trunk liner going for $350 and up. I was able to locate some convertible lining and will see how that looks once it is reinstalled.

Spent a few hours yesterday cleaning, repairing and repainting my door panels. Another necessary step in the stock gray to black interior swap. I only replaced the armrest pads as everything else was in good shape. I learned that the door push pins are Dorman 700-413 pins. They are available on Amazon as your local auto parts store likely won't carry the 24 you'll need. It's amazing how much abuse the door panels get as my panels have been on and off again multiple times.
Screenshot_20191103-114206_Gallery.jpg
20191103_115359.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191103-114837_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191103-114837_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20191103_112904.jpg
    20191103_112904.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My car has been at an independent frame shop for weeks now as I'm getting the height difference thing figured out/repaired then off for paint and body work on 15 Dec. Once I get it back I'll be reinstalling the interior, but all this talk about tilt steering and aftermarket steering wheels has driven me to do the '03-'04 Terminator steering rack swap and a tilt column. I paid up ($470) for a "SPR-ZM" rack, but got lucky on a '89 tilt column for $60. What does it mean when you enjoy wrenching on your car more than driving it?

I've owned my car for the better part of 2 years and have probably driven it less than 500 miles. Its currently my most expensive car even though its technically paid for.....

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
I've been struggling with a height imbalance for some time, but have finally discovered the cause. The front spring perch on the driver's side has been pushed up approximately 3/8" as compared to the passenger's side. This would likely have occurred from a pothole or some other major upward striking force. Thanfully the frame is straight, but the problem is found within the front k member cradle. The issue is that my car has been with an independent frame straightening company since 1 November and I'm losing patience. So I can either leave it there and pray the owner is able to fix the problem or just retrieve the unfixed car and drop in a MM k member. I would prefer to keep my car relatively stock major component wise as I see no reason why I wouldn't buy an IRS if I went with a MM k member in the front and there in lies the neverending tail chase of modifications. I also dont want to spend $2k on a MM front k member and deal with the ass pain of the installation. Thoughts?

You cant find a used stock k member? It is a pain to swap, but not to bad considering everything else you've done. I had mine off last winter. Used one of those cheap across the inner finder engine supports from Harbor Freight to hold the engine up.

You cant find a used stock k member? It is a pain to swap, but not to bad considering everything else you've done. I had mine off last winter. Used one of those cheap across the inner finder engine supports from Harbor Freight to hold the engine up.
I don't know that I would trust an almost 30 year old used k member. Unless its visably bent, you wont know if it is until you have the car aligned and after you installed that pain in the ass. I guess its worth a shot though, and maybe your only option if you don't want to spring for a new aftermarket replacement.

Reactions: 1 user