Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

• Sponsors (?)

What are these for?

Attachments

• 20190725_210452.jpg
    20190725_210452.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 308
So I received the wrong front rotors from Rock Auto. The fronts are AC Delco 18A964A. While they were linked as '03-'04 Cobra brakes, at 14.5" diameter they clearly are not. I need some help if anyone knows the correct AC Delco part number for front '03-'04 Cobra rotors in 13". Thanks

I'm not sure. If you look at post #53 you'll see the parts list. These rotors are much larger than 13". The hat completely clears the front hub axle studs. I have a return in place and will call Rock Auto, but I'm still hoping someone on here has some insight. I suppose it is possible that some Rock Auto warehouse worker just pulled the wrong rotors although the box is listed as the correct part.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone swapped it out. I've gotten parts from RA that were swapouts.....including a cheap, broken, Chinese hub in a box when I ordered a pair of Timkins (one was correct, and the other was obviously different)

So I just dropped another $100 for two more rotors (AC Delco 18A964A). Hopefully Rock Auto will send me the correct ones rather than ones for a Ford truck (the ones they sent me were very heavy and 14.5"). Meanwhile I built the front and rear calipers last night, reinstalled the newly modded (welded) e-brake and ran the e-brake cables under the car. This project is really about 15 small projects.

Worked on the car a little more last night. Baby step progress. Ground out the front caliper brake line couplers. Further confirmation that my car was a previous 4 cylinder as Ford used different sized attachments for the wheel well caliper originating brake lines.

I started on the rear lines, but if you don't get the center point t fitting attachment point right the lines don't line up right. What a headache. I did install some dynomat on the ceiling which made a huge improvement. Easiest mod yet after the front hub installation.

I should be getting the axle studs tonight. Assuming Rock Auto sends me the correct rotors this time. I hope to have the car driving down the road this weekend. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Are you sure the car is a 4cyl? You can check the vin to be sure.

Rear brake line routing is different which is at inssk
Yes, former CA 4 cylinder/auto car. Crossed the border into AZ sometime in '13 and one of the many previous owners did the 5 liter/5 speed swap. Added all the V-8 guts with Twisted Wedge H/C/I, long tubes, etc. and 4.10 gear. I've been fixing things, for example the torn up front and rear bushings, since I bought the car in January and brought it back to CA. Eventually it will be black exterior with a black interior. This is my fifth Mustang, third Fox overall.

I did all my due diligence on the car before driving out to AZ to see it. Carfax, CA smog research on buying an out of state vehicle, etc. Despite needing a lot of work and the car having gotten beat up from all the AZ heat and dust it was a good purchase. $6,300. Foxbody notchbacks in CA are either completely roached out or super pricey.

Last edited:
Black dashboard is in. Had to replace the speedometer. One of many bugs I had to chase down/figure out.

I have all the parts save for the black interior door panels and black floor carpet, but I'm going to wait until after the exterior body work and paint is done to reinstall the "new" interior. Of course I'll have to get my rear quarter windows restored as well.

Attachments

• 20190730_220458.jpg
    20190730_220458.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: 1 users
Tonight's progress. Rear (hard) brake lines installed. I'll have the rear brakes completely done (rotors, calipers installed and rear differential put back together) by Thursday night.

Attachments

• 20190730_220538.jpg
    20190730_220538.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 20190730_220519.jpg
    20190730_220519.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: 2 users