Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

• Sponsors (?)

No, no additional photos. The reason I know the perch gap is off is because the business owner and I placed a tool between the driver's and passenger side. The passenger side allowed the tool to go completely into the center, but on the driver's side the tool was stopped due to the perch having been compressed. He told me he also had to fix some minor rail damage.

Thanks. I don't dare get into another debate over terminology. I'm still recovering from my pax versus passenger post.
that was for informational purposes not debating.
there is a story I'm reminded of when someone mentions fenders.
i loaned my car to a friend from New Zealand and when he was done with it he told me he left the keys under the left mud guard. My car didn't have mud guards (I'm thinking 'mud flaps') took me two days to find those keys!

I got my car back from the frame shop last night. Car is fixed and now sits level at 27" rear and 26 9/16" front. It is incredible that the guy was able to figure out the cause of the problem -crushed driver's side front upward spring perch. I'll be replacing the steering rack and column and prep'ing the car for paint and body.

With all the beneath the surface problems this car had I think it was one or two uninterested owners away from the scrapyard.

Reactions: 4 users
More pre-paint and body prep work. Goodbye old carpet!
20191217_194945.jpg
20191217_220420.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I'm swapping out my power steering pump and steering rack. A bit more of a pain than I thought due to my car having a/c. I've purchased a new power steering pressure hose, but I'm thinking the return line is just a new rubber hose slid over the existing metal end fitting? Is this just a pressure connection or should I add a band clamp?

Car is mobile and running very well with a new power steering pump, '03 Terminator steering rack, tilt steering column and most importantly no squeaks/leaks. The MOMO steering wheel in microsuede is fantastic. And while its slightly smaller size will take a little getting used to, it's a huge improvement over the '93 airbag wheel. Going in for paint and body in one week. Car is almost "done".

Reactions: 3 users