Fuel 190lph or 255lph?

I never said that it wouldn't return the fuel. I said you could have inconsistent FP. Big difference. And there is zero benefit for over pumping. none.
It's just not an issue on the stock fuel setup. If you are getting inconsistent fuel pressure, it's not the pump that's doing it. The advantage to a bigger fuel pump is more room for mods down the road.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

any ideas on how to muffle to sound from a 255? I just put one in my car and for a minute I thought my alt whine thru the stereo had come back.....then I realized it was the pump.

any ideas on how to muffle to sound from a 255? I just put one in my car and for a minute I thought my alt whine thru the stereo had come back.....then I realized it was the pump.
I can't hear it over the engine. :shrug:

If yours is really bad, you might put some stick-em sound deadener between your tank and the car body. It may be using your unibody as a speaker cone. :O_o:

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Nothing an x-pipe and some free-flowing mufflers won't address. Keeping the tank full can help too. You can add the sound-deadener mentioned, under the carpet in the trunk area works too if you're hearing the noise inside the car. If you're hearing it with the windows down, none of that will help really. I got used to it and actually started to like the sound - as it's the sound of more horsepower potential - so maybe give it some time. :)