1966 Coupe wiring on Flaming River Steering Column

Cal66GT

Jan 18, 2009
Does anybody have any experience with the Flaming River steering column wiring to an original 66 wiring harness. The documentation provided by Flaming River is horrible. I have test probed each wire on the original harness, and when I mate them to the designated wires on the FR provided wiring, zip, zero, nada, nothing....

Anyone with personal experience with this combination? Your help is appreciated.

You need to match the factory wire colors to the cooresponding wire. I have it written down for a 68, would have to write it out to do the 66. Here is the 66 diagram:
66EXTER1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And a graphic if I can find it...:
TurnSigSw.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not sure how much this will help, actually, post up the Flaming River wire color/descriptions, and I will try to figure it out. You must be missing something if you id'ed the wires with a test lght.

Thanks BarnStang, excellent turn signal diagram !

So I took my multimeter and verified my four light wires (RF, LF, RR, LR), and I have verified the lead from the flasher, as well as a constant 'hot' wire and horn wire. One of the other two wires appear to be from the brake switch, and I'm not sure what the last one is? I'm guessing it's the wire for the hazzard switch, but I'm not sure as I have a different harness for that.

The flaming river wiring is;
white = brake light switch
dk green = rear right light
yellow = rear left light
purple = turn signal power
brown = hazard power (not using) using orig. flasher
dk blue = right front light
lt blue = left front light
black = horn

I have connected these up to match, but still no flashers. If I manually mate the turn signal power wire to the front right and left lights, the flasher works and the lights blink. If I do the same to the rear lights, nothing...

Could there be a common ground missing somewhere in my circuit? One thing I thought of is if I need to have the instrument panel in the dash for something to ground out. I have it out right now as I'm working on other things (two speed windshield wiper motor install) at the same time and I needed access to the motor connections.

Any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated.