For Sale 1968 Mustang Coupe - 5.0 with Holley Sniper EFI - Houston, Texas

Lookjam

Jul 18, 2018
Houston, Texas
For sale is a 1968 Ford Mustang. I bought the car in 2005, out of Florida. The car was built to be and has been driven. I will not lie and say this car is perfect, as with any older vehicle they are always a project. If you're looking for the old nostalgic Mustang look with modern functionality, this car would be a good fit for you.

I have more pictures. If interested, PM me and I'll shoot them to you.

Engine & Power-train:
The 289 was replaced with a rebuilt 92' 5.0 and 4spd AOD with 2400 stall converter. 5.0 has Aluminum Eldelbrock Performer 5.0 heads with Crane 1.6 R/R, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Comp Cams XE-274HR, True Roller Timing Chain, and Mallory Unilite Distributor.
Hedman Headers straight piped to Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers.
B&M Hammer Shifter.
3.80 8" Posi Rear-end.
PWR Aluminum Radiator with Electric Fan.

Fuel System:
Holley Sniper Self-Tuning EFI Master Kit (510-550-511K) recently installed.

Brakes, Suspension, & Wheels:
Converted front Master Power disk brakes. Master cylinder and brake booster recently replaced.
Grab-A-Track Suspension Kit, KYB Gas Shocks, and 1" Lowering springs.
New heavy duty rear leaf springs.
17x8" Bullitt wheels with 1.25" adaptors.

Electrical:
Painless Wiring harness and 140 Amp Powermaster Alternator.
Battery Tender hook-up.

Interior:
Completely redone.
Autometer Sport Comp Gauges in the original cluster.
Alpine head unit, Infinity Kappa Speakers (3.5" dash, 6.5" kick panels, and 10" Sub) with 600w Punch Amp.
3-point seat belts front. None in rear.

Paint & Body:
Painted in late 2006.
Sheet metal that was replaced: drivers side front floor pan, battery tray, front radiator support, and approx. 12" of the front right frame.

Know Problems:
The paint is not perfect, there are a couple of door dings, and a couple of spots that some initial rust can been seen coming up: to include the lower fronts of the doors and transition between rear quarters up to the roof. I've received a couple of quotes to have the couple of body issues fixed, but I opted to enjoy the car more and worry less about the little imperfections until I was ready for another paint job.

The current speedometer gear is wrong, it shows roughly 20mph over what you're going. A simple and cheap fix, I just haven't had time to address it.
No leaks, but likely a couple bolts that could use some tightening.
Heater core needs to be replaced. I have the part, but being in Texas, a heater is not high on my to-do list.
There is some play in the steering that could use some adjusting.
I'm sure there are other minor things I can't remember.

I welcome and encourage questions

The buyer is responsible for pick-up, transportation and any associated fees. The car is being sold as is with no warranties or guaranties of any kind. The buyer is responsible for tax, title, and registration. Purchasing funds will be either cash or cashiers check. This sale is final, and subject to funds clearing. Clear Texas title in-hand.

$18,000 OBO

Attachments

• IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

A/C - 134a compressor installed and all of the necessary A/C components. The A/C was working before I installed the Sniper EFI system and cleaned up the intake manifold a couple of months ago. During the install process I wanted to move around some wiring and I haven't had the chance to hook the A/C back up.