Build Thread 1978 Fairmont. I bet somebody back home’s thinkin’…I wonder why he don’t write..?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok...Out of the blue, she volunteers that she wasn’t really that motivated to go dishwasher shopping tomorrow...
( Could it be that my powers of mental manipulation are so strong that I “willed” her to abandon any hope of ever having clean dishes on the top rack?)

Am I beyond the average din of any random run of the mill level 3 Jedi?
I do kinda look like Yoda.....

This is all too much for me...I need to go practice raising X wing fighters out of the swamps of Dagobah purely with my mind.

Do this I must....Fail I must not...
And if I can’t......
Pissed off I will be.....Screaming loudly I will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Lol, what assets!
Damn bro, she got all of them?

Oh, and Mike?

es%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F000%2F157%2Fitsatrap.jpg

(And you can't blame me for bringing the sci-fi shenannigans this time!) :jester:

• Haha
Tell her wait til Black Friday. What woman can resist buying something on SALE? My wife hates shopping....well she wears Amazon out. But she hates going in department stores, unless there is a sale or she has coupons!

But in other news, where's the vids of the Monster moving under his own power?

Tell her wait til Black Friday. What woman can resist buying something on SALE? My wife hates shopping....well she wears Amazon out. But she hates going in department stores, unless there is a sale or she has coupons!

But in other news, where's the vids of the Monster moving under his own power?
There is still hours of putting stuff back together before that’ll happen.

Are you putting it 100% back together and hoping for the best, or just enough to crank it and see if it moves/hemorrhages fluid from multiple orfices?

I know in my previous life of copier repair, if I put all the covers on and buttoned it up, something was wrong. If I left them off and put it back together enough to run a test copy, it would be perfect, but that added 10-20% time to take it back apart to put it back together fully.

Drive it already!
Cant..still have to get a 15 ohm resistor to wire in the OD circuit. And the whole freaking interior is back out of it..i got the wires that went to the neutral safety switch transposed with the ones that went to the back up light circuit. The car was cranking in the run position, and wouldn't do dick in start mode. I didnt know that at the time, ( that I had gotten the wires mis-matched),
and automatically assumed that I had a direct short under the dash.
So, out came the dash, and out came the wiring schematic, which was immediately followed with a " Fck me!" When I traced the wires that were supposed to go to the neutral safety switch, and found one them on the wrong microswitch.
I tied them together when I took the interior apart..but in all of the wrestling around with the tunnel they came apart.

So,...maybe this is the reward for all of the BS. One year ago yesterday..the 2 jz arrived at my house.
And from then on..it’s been one hurdle after another..to get me to today...I hope that when the time for the road test comes in a week or less, I don’t get bitch slapped back to square 1.
Cruisin’ the Coast is still on,...and come hell or high water....( considering it IS hurricane season) I’m gonna make it..
With the Ninja-Mon.

* See....It’s not really gone....it just..sleeps with the fishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Since this is the new chapter in this build, where everything I do moves in a “ positive” direction, I’ve decided to make lemonade out of the lemon that pulling the dash because of a transposed wire at the shifter was.

When I put the 4l80 in, the old bulkhead fitting that fed water to the heater core was completely in the way, and got omitted. Consequently, the water line to the heater core got omitted right along with it. With the dash top on, getting to that heater core, and the hose nipples where the feed, and return hoses would go is utterly impossible. But,...

Not today.

So, Ill make a couple of short sections of hose, and attach them. I’ll run one to the original return bulkhead, and leave the other unattached. If/when I get around to making a new path to get water into the heater core I won’t have to remove that dash top again.

Im such a positive thinker now days.:runaway:

• Haha
Since this is the new chapter in this build, where everything I do moves in a “ positive” direction, I’ve decided to make lemonade out of the lemon that pulling the dash because of a transposed wire at the shifter was.

When I put the 4l80 in, the old bulkhead fitting that fed water to the heater core was completely in the way, and got omitted. Consequently, the water line to the heater core got omitted right along with it. With the dash top on, getting to that heater core, and the hose nipples where the feed, and return hoses would go is utterly impossible. But,...

Not today.

So, Ill make a couple of short sections of hose, and attach them. I’ll run one to the original return bulkhead, and leave the other unattached. If/when I get around to making a new path to get water into the heater core I won’t have to remove that dash top again.

Im such a positive thinker now days.:runaway:
You really are Mike. A bright ray of sunshine even?

Your reward, grasshopper, is the knowledge that we respect an love your handy work.
You now have a six cylinder, long wheel base version of the

Ron Fournier/Bob Fehan 1980 Capri

ac2e8392-6731-44dd-a8fc-20f4cc5da48b-IzTJNg-scaled.jpg

With BOOST!

My hurt burt is unhurt.
And PS. Your 620 pager stopped on Sheryl and Deans 30 th wedding anniversary. Is this just a co-coincidence?

PPS. CV joints on my wife's Toyota RAV4 today. rage against the machine again....
Come on!
Ugh!

Your reward, grasshopper, is the knowledge that we respect an love your handy work.
You now have a six cylinder, long wheel base version of the

Ron Fournier/Bob Fehan 1980 Capri

ac2e8392-6731-44dd-a8fc-20f4cc5da48b-IzTJNg-scaled.jpg

With BOOST!

My hurt burt is unhurt.
And PS. Your 620 pager stopped on Sheryl and Deans 30 th wedding anniversary. Is this just a co-coincidence?

PPS. CV joints on my wife's Toyota RAV4 today. rage against the machine again....
Come on!
Ugh!
Sigh...Ive hinted as to the status of the 620 pager...but only one has went on the quest to find it. I’ve even dropped a crumb in the last 5 replies,...But as with all of what i write here...only 10% actually goes in the one ear/eye.
So far, only one has managed to go rambling through the Stangnet attic, and found the lurking beast..
Just know..that it’s still here, thanks to your site administrator.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users