Build Thread 1978 Fairmont. I bet somebody back home’s thinkin’…I wonder why he don’t write..?

Wow man, just glad it all held together so you two got it home in one piece. That makes me want to add "re-tighten everything" to my list....and have a cold glass of whiskey.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow man, just glad it all held together so you two got it home in one piece. That makes me want to add "re-tighten everything" to my list....and have a cold glass of whiskey.
I drink my whiskey neat,..and at room temp,...thank you very much.
It is a good idea...I just keep finding loose sht every time I turn around.

Torque does count on those bearings...its not closing the gap its keeping the assembly from deformation under load.

Most people ( and techs ) make the mistake of over tightening sway bar end links. They usually should be torqued to 13 to 17 ft.lbs....or until they just start to bulge slightly bigger than the washer. They also should be torqued at ride height like all the rest of the suspension parts with bushings.

Glad you figured it out Mike. If you hadn't pulled those things apart you may have replaced them for nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
That’s your guess then? 7.60?

If that was the case, the “ ohsht” would be replaced with pieceofsht.
For me to be happy, it needs to be in the sixes, and right now i’m thinking i’m not gonna be happy. Now that the drag radials are there, it’s not gonna 60’ like I want it to w/o being able to leave on boost, or that part of the fuel map needs to be leaned. Right now, all power braking does is put a whole lotta gas out the tailpipe.

Also...is there a momentary button that I can wire somehow into the ECU for a low rpm 2 step to put the engine into boost while foot braking.
I know I gotta find the “Launch in“ wire...hopefully I don’t have to take the whole freakin dash apart to find it, and that I’m not using it for some other purpose.

Why not just use a line lock instead of the foot balancing act. Could use the signal from the linelock to trigger launch mode.

Why not just use a line lock instead of the foot balancing act. Could use the signal from the linelock to trigger launch mode.
All im gonna do is put a momentary pushbutton next to the shifter. When its setup ill reference TPS percentage and the brake light switch. If the brakes are on, and TPS is at xyz..its gonna stutter.

Reactions: 1 users
or we can NOT use that archaic device and do it all in the software
1605829325988.png

• Hell Yeah!
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users