Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen brother!

My assistant (22 yr old male) is a Millennial going to college and video games is his life. Says he doesn't get his hands dirty. I asked if you got a flat on the way home could you change the tire? He said, no of course. I told him stop being a panzy, man up and dive into things elbows deep. Stop putzing around through life and learn something.
Careful, those types see that as harrasment now. And discrimination. And probably some other type of mental damage that I haven't even heard of.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Funny,.....

I went out with the wife for dinner last night, me n her. I don’t know how it came up, but I “ confided” in her that I had my eye on a blown up twin turbo 4.4 v8 at work.

“Why?” Came the obvious question from her, “ Because I want those turbos” I replied.
She stares me directly in the face with that “ dropped jaw” thing she does to help express disbelief.
“ When, and where does this thing end with you?” She asks.
“Until I get tired of it” I told her.
“Didn’t you just get rid of a turbo” she asks. “Yeah, but that was a single,....these are twins” I smile, “ and besides,....they don’t fit. They don’t belong” I tell her smugly.

“You’re not gonna belong with me one of these days” she says.

Funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Funny,.....

I went out with the wife for dinner last night, me n her. I don’t know how it came up, but I “ confided” in her that I had my eye on a blown up twin turbo 4.4 v8 at work.

“Why?” Came the obvious question from her, “ Because I want those turbos” I replied.
She stares me directly in the face with that “ dropped jaw” thing she does to help express disbelief.
“ When, and where does this thing end with you?” She asks.
“Until I get tired of it” I told her.
“Didn’t you just get rid of a turbo” she asks. “Yeah, but that was a single,....these are twins” I smile, “ and besides,....they don’t fit. They don’t belong” I tell her smugly.

“You’re not gonna belong with me one of these days” she says.

Funny.
:bang:

We're getting new floors put in. The younger guy is about 23 maybe. The older one is 35. They were here all day yesterday just trying to get the old vinyl up. I walk in from work and the younger immediately asks...is that a 5.0 GT HO in the garage? I said yes, it's an 85. He said, your wife says you're going to sell it. I said well that &$&$$&$ $&$&&$&$ B*%&CH can go $&$&&% herself. ON THE INSIDE. Out of my mouth came, well, yeah, at some point I may sell it. I am going to get it back running first and THEN....maybe THEN I will sell it. Unless you have $7500 burning a hole in your pocket RIGHT NOW. Tomorrow I may say NO.

He just laughed. And my wife walked in heard the, I'm in no hurry to sell it part. I'm guessing that upstairs flooring is going to be done sooner than I thought or wanted.

:dead:

• Haha
Well for the record:

I don't pay for everything .... She does.
I fix stuff that needs fixin...when it really needs it.
She pays for the lawn...
The cars are under warranty..
And...I clean up the mess I make,...she cleans up after everybody else.

She's a one in a million,...I do not know what I did to get so lucky..

Reactions: 2 users
Well for the record:

She pays for the lawn...

You’re right Mike, I’ve been around Kate. She is to good for you! Lol

She loves you anyhow though.......

Well for the record:

She pays for the lawn...

I was reminded last night of the same thing. Gotta bury my frustration better with her lack of mustang enthusiam. We went and got ice cream with the kids for my bday after work, then headed downtown to a pizza joint with 80's arcade games. Had a great time with my boys playing thise old games. From there she dropped me off at a patio where two of my best buds were waiting for me for drinks on them that she had lined up.

Its a balancing act, but in the end I landed a good one too.

Reactions: 3 users
Where else is she gonna get a cool guy with Titanium Knees?

I was thinking about 2 times tha power increases Fords with the same block and head castings.

Preparation H, an I6 300 Ford Maverick which was 170 hp Gross or 114 hp net in 1972 with a 1-bbl Carter YFA. Cammed up, forged pistons, forged crank, headers, triple Weber IDA's and ported non cross flow head, 340 hp net or well over 380 hp gross.

Three times the Horsepower from an old truck F100 six in a tudor Mav.

Any 131 hp 2-bbl Unleaded petrol 4.1 cross flow with a 244 duration at 50 thou roller cam, ported head, and 650 cfm 4-bbl, 350 hp. 2-5/8 times the power.

And the Dick Johnson and Anderson Brothers 1984 Mustang Group A circuit racers with later E 303 roller cam recut for extra duration and to loft the valves to 510 thou, stock intake manifold reworked, 650 cfm Holley Double pumper with internals to the manifold hand gasflowed and re-expoxied together. Stock heads recut and gasflowed, with the best swirl polished valves. Exactly 350 hp net, 390 hp gross at 6500 rpm, and thats really 2 times the power over a stock 175 hp non roller 1984.

7.5" axle, Getrag 262 BMW/Volvo/Vauxhall VX490 5 speed gearbox, it could just about make 270 rwhp at the slicks.

Time for twin turbos Mike.

Reactions: 1 user
My wife stung me hard the other day. The conversation went something like this:

Me: I think I'm done working on cars. Im not that into it anymore and everything takes 10x longer than it should
Her: So then what would you do? Hang out with me and your daughter more? Doubt it, you'd just find another project to obsess over.
Me: ....ouch.

• Haha
My wife was making a lot more than me til recently. We split the bills up pretty evenly...because we have separate checking accounts. I think it just works better that way. We each have our own stack of bills, and as long as those get paid, no one gets butt hurt. She had the bigger stack of bills, but when I got my big raise, she pushed some of her stack on my stack. So any thought I had of mod money was gone.
She keeps bringing up the selling of the car, but she doesn't push it. I think it is subliminal advertising! Plus, I already told her, if I got rid of this Mustang, I would get something else.

Like what???
60's Suburban
63-65 Riviera
61-63 Falcon
78-81 Fairmont
67-72 C-10
67-7? F100

The possibilities are endless....SOOO the Mustang sitting in the garage is really a blessing. I don't think she buys that line.

Every time I mention sellingmy carthe wife won't let me. So....I mention selling it. She says no.... then i put a few more hundred in it. She wins and so do i.

Mike-I Saw something on Fb that you might like... lol
D963139E-CB69-4011-BCB2-D37CA5E74FEC.png

The barra is Fords version of the 2JZ that engine can make well over 1k hp without pulling the head.

If these were available 2 months ago i would be putting one in the mustang, i can drive over and get one of these in an afternoon

I've done something that nobody can do with a NA Windsor.

Double the factory rated HP.

Nah, just gotta start with the... wait, would it be "right" or "wrong"? Just gotta start with the Windsor with the bar set as low as possible.

If you start with a smog-era 139hp 302, it's easy. Mine put down 267 to the rear wheels on the dyno, and she's still running her D5AE heads (granted, they've been worked over, and they're secretly "good-ish" to begin with, everyone blames the heads on those engines when the pistons were the problem).

139 horsepower at the flywheel to 267rwhp (through a C4slushbox with a 3000rpm stall converter, no less) is an increase of more than 100%.

That said...

Doing it with a stepchild engine with minimal aftermarket support IS more impressive.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.