1978 Fairmont : It just doesn't get any better than this:

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
There is more there than meets the eye.
And.....No, there’s not always hydoboost.....I have electric power steering.

You could run stand alone hydroboost using a Volvo EPS to push the fluid. No need for that though. In the old movies the cop car Fairmonts had no problem locking up the brakes...or screeching around every turn they made.

Must've been the early 89s sound effects. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: MustangIIMatt

CarMichael Angelo

clearly, I’ve got something going on in that hole
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
in reality I don’t need anything more than what I’ve put back on the car. This engine makes plenty of vacuum at idle, and doesn’t suffer from the typical high overlap cam/ low vacuum scenario that a lot of V8 guys experience.

Reactions: 90sickfox

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
in reality I don’t need anything more than what I’ve put back on the car. This engine makes plenty of vacuum at idle, and doesn’t suffer from the typical high overlap cam/ low vacuum scenario that a lot of V8 guys experience.
I am working on a 2j in a Lexus (in Trinidad) stock idle speed is 950-1100.. just an FYI I know yours gets upset sometimes at the speed we set it to.

Reactions: TOOLOW91

7991LXnSHO

Now I want a 10 year badge
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
@CarMichael Angelo
I wish new members knew that when you say “Don’t do that”, how much experience you are speaking from. Also that you are trying to save non dedicated, skilled or certifiable ones a whole lot of trouble.

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
I am working on a 2j in a Lexus (in Trinidad) stock idle speed is 950-1100.. just an FYI I know yours gets upset sometimes at the speed we set it to.
Ive learned that already. When I went to PC last November, the idle in drive was around 800. The car acted like it was gonna die sometimes. While down there, i turned the idle screw up a tick to about 950-1000, and it got instantly happy.

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
Ill do this tonight because I can. I’m thankful, optimistic, and hopeful that what has ended, has truly ended. At the same time, I’m pissed that a rabble raped one of the most sacred institutions of American democracy in their vain attempt to overthrow my vote...For the ex military, and ex police, that took an oath to defend the constitution....and then decided to storm the capital, and threaten the government members lives inside...Prisons gonna be a bitch.
For the yeahoo gawkers that followed along because you were fed lies for four years from the liar in chief and now have to deal with the video evidence of your face/ entity while trespassing into that building while you streamed along inside like tourists... ....Don’t look into buying a timeshare anytime soon....The “free” 3 day vacation they are offering at the resort...isn’t really free...in the end, you’ll be just as fcked as you are now.
For the future neighbors of that prick in Mar-a-lago...keep the faith, and enforce the covenants...He can only stay there 21 days.
After that.....please Donald,....please.......go back to NYC....They have a warrant with your name on it.
12 hours and a wake up....And that weasel flies out,....without ceremony,..in the dark,...waiting on the subpoena.

Cya you treasonous bastard..I hope a NYC corrections orange jumpsuit doesn’t clash with your unbleached grey hair.:flag:
Dude, keep that kind of talk for our PMs. I'm here for you, no need to expose everyone else.

Kurt

MustangIIMatt

I need something stupid to play with
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
Ill do this tonight because I can. I’m thankful, optimistic, and hopeful that what has ended, has truly ended. At the same time, I’m pissed that a rabble raped one of the most sacred institutions of American democracy in their vain attempt to overthrow my vote...For the ex military, and ex police, that took an oath to defend the constitution....and then decided to storm the capital, and threaten the government members lives inside...Prisons gonna be a bitch.
For the yeahoo gawkers that followed along because you were fed lies for four years from the liar in chief and now have to deal with the video evidence of your face/ entity while trespassing into that building while you streamed along inside like tourists... ....Don’t look into buying a timeshare anytime soon....The “free” 3 day vacation they are offering at the resort...isn’t really free...in the end, you’ll be just as fcked as you are now.
For the future neighbors of that prick in Mar-a-lago...keep the faith, and enforce the covenants...He can only stay there 21 days.
After that.....please Donald,....please.......go back to NYC....They have a warrant with your name on it.
12 hours and a wake up....And that weasel flies out,....without ceremony,..in the dark,...waiting on the subpoena.

Cya you treasonous bastard..I hope a NYC corrections orange jumpsuit doesn’t clash with your unbleached grey hair.:flag:
I'll drink to that.

Reactions: ThinBlue502

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
I had been telling myself for months now that “ come new year, I’m gonna get rid of the BMW lease, and the Jag, and buy myself a pickup.

The i3 BMW is all electric, with a small gasoline powered generator on board to add range to the car once the short range battery goes away ( basically adds about 60 miles to the 100 mile battery range)
A stupid concept,...Driving the car on the generator is annoying. While it worked great to get me back and forth to work, especially since there was a free battery charging at the front of the dealership, the limited range made it impossible to use the car for anything except that. That lease was due to expire in June, which meant I had about $2,000.00 in payments remaining at 416.00 a month.
Getting a car that was capable of normal driving range was my justification for buying the jag 18 months ago.
But the car was so nice, I didn’t want to drive it. And.....it’s a jag. it’s only a matter of time, and something‘s gonna fail,...and cost a stupid amount to fix. It was also financed...for a long time..( like 84 months I think) add..280.00 a month to that.
Alabama penalizes you if you drive an electric car. They figure that you aren’t paying your fair share of road use tax by not buying gas, ( where that tax is built in), So come annual registration time,...you pay a surcharge to renew ( about 250.00 extra dollars) Insurance on the BMW was about 120.00 a month, and the jag ( even though it was an 07) was about 80.00/mo. ( guess they figure it was originally a $70,000.00 car)
Neither of these cars were serving my interest. I wanted something that would allow me to throw whatever greasy, dirty, bulky, oversized thing in back w/o concern...I wanted to have something that If I needed to could pull a trailer..I needed a V8 truck.

I don’t know if anyone here has purchased a late model Domestic PU here lately, but they ain’t cheap. Whether it be a Ford/Chevy/Dodge,...a 17-18 my low mile version of a quad cab anything is like 40k. I wanted to spend 30k
When 30k is the budget, What you find when you want a low mile truck with remaining warranty..Is an 30k mile Eco-boost 2.7, plastic mat-no carpet/ no heated seats/no power seats/no XM radio, white base 2017 2 door crew cab...
”But it has a 7/100 CPO warranty, and it’s rated to tow 7500 lbs”
Bunk. I don’t want some base looking white weenie-mobile.

Enter,..the offerings from the boys who live in the land of the rising sun.
20210124_070155.jpg

2018 V8 Nissan Titan Quad cab...Still probably closer to their base offering, but it has everything that the Ford didn’t.
And a 5/100 b2b warranty, and only has 11.5k miles, And...a 28k price tag.
Which finances at 2.65% to 60 months ( 562.00/mo) and only costs 22.00 more monthly than the Jag did to insure.
I pay the lease off and turn it in early..( and save the 600.00 it would’ve cost to insure it, and the 250.00 that Alabama was gonna charge me to register it) So,...spend 2000.00 but save 850.00 in doing so.
I trade the jag in, and break even..I eliminate an additional 350.00 monthly, shorten my finance term by 2 years, and reduce the interest rate from 4% to 2.65. On a used car.
All in all...I’m happy..I’m thinking I did good.

The wife, was at 118k miles on her Cad SRX, So, we freshened her up too..She got a 19 Subaru Ascent. Pretty cool car actually...Especially when you know how a BMW x7 is equipped...Cause this thing has everything that that x7 does.
Except an engine with any balls..and a CVT trans.
But it’s her car, not mine
20210124_070134.jpg

Now, the problem is garage fitment. While the Jag could fit next to her small Cad with no problem,...two full size monsters,....not the same deal. Looks like the Titan might have to live the life of a P/U truck........outside

Last edited:

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Nice truck.

I also need to replace my DD soon and have been looking at trucks and have been sticker-shocked. Need to rethink how much I really want a truck now.

KZGUNS

I can swing up to 11”
Jul 23, 2018
chardon, Ohio
My neighbor has a titan. Seems like a nice truck. Nice standard options but his is well equipped and beyond nice. My Chevy Colorado... not bad but not great. 35k miles and the diff is completely shot and they said it’ll be months before they get replacement parts they need so I’m driving a 21 Silverado z71 loaner, friggen sticker is $50k! I told em to take there time on my Colorado LOL.

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
Those sticker prices led to me spend $2500 on a trans rebuild for my ‘02 F150. Can’t see spending 50-55k on a new full size truck! Almost 2 years later.... ‘02 still going!
Good luck with the new rides Mike!

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
I think that I’m officially getting tired of the endless “ Change/fix this, after changing/fixing that” routine owning this car has become.
The rear is back together, but still isn’t right. When I changed out the housing ends, I had to redo the passenger side because it was tweaked despite having used a jig. It was so far off you couldn’t even get the axle in. On the other side, even though you can get the axle in ( if you beat it in) The drivers side has some degree of misalignment too.
It’s weird to me, because the bearing will seat properly in the end. I’ve been telling myself that maybe the heat from welding has caused the end to contract slightly, and tightness is because the hole is now a little too small..
Who knows. All I know is that the issue was a talking point ( with myself) in the wee hours this morning.
The new tru-trac differential is now in. Bearing preload is so tight, you gotta beat that fckin thing in too. But that is how it came apart when I removed the old 28 spline T-loc, And that is how I put it back together. Backlash still checks out at .012”.
Im actually looking forward to having the power brakes again. MOF, out of all of the recent change outs that have been done, that, and having working AC again are the highlights for me.

Lastly, and I gotta say that once I usually start down this path, I walk it the whole way...
Im considering selling it.

Reactions: RaggedGT