1978 Fairmont ..returning it back to stock..

When Mike tries to cut the Aerocatch fasteners into the original hood, will I:

• Do it up

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Screw it up

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
There is more there than meets the eye.
And.....No, there’s not always hydoboost.....I have electric power steering.

You could run stand alone hydroboost using a Volvo EPS to push the fluid. No need for that though. In the old movies the cop car Fairmonts had no problem locking up the brakes...or screeching around every turn they made.

Must've been the early 89s sound effects. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: MustangIIMatt

CarMichael Angelo

clearly, I’ve got something going on in that hole
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
in reality I don’t need anything more than what I’ve put back on the car. This engine makes plenty of vacuum at idle, and doesn’t suffer from the typical high overlap cam/ low vacuum scenario that a lot of V8 guys experience.

Reactions: 90sickfox

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
in reality I don’t need anything more than what I’ve put back on the car. This engine makes plenty of vacuum at idle, and doesn’t suffer from the typical high overlap cam/ low vacuum scenario that a lot of V8 guys experience.
I am working on a 2j in a Lexus (in Trinidad) stock idle speed is 950-1100.. just an FYI I know yours gets upset sometimes at the speed we set it to.

7991LXnSHO

Now I want a 10 year badge
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
@CarMichael Angelo
I wish new members knew that when you say “Don’t do that”, how much experience you are speaking from. Also that you are trying to save non dedicated, skilled or certifiable ones a whole lot of trouble.