Build Thread 1978 Fairmont: The Saturday morning that I snuck out with the Monster, and showed up late to work.......really late.

• Sponsors(?)

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Me and the 3 were talking last night...

What is the downside to making a “ dogleg” ( if you can even call it that) that will extend the shifter handle forward?
My thinking is that for every inch you move this thing forward, however much the shifter ball height would change through normal shifting, will change exponentially.

Unlike any other console, I‘ll have room to extend the shift arm forward under the steel mesh. ( provided that shifter itself doesn’t extend too high past floor height.) interior.JPG
I’m thinking that that shifter is gonna be right where the rear cup holder is right now, or somewhere in between the front and rear cupholder at best. ( way too far back). So, if I make a extension that moves the shifter forward and penetrate the mesh say...between the rear of the existing shifter, and the front of the first cup holder, it should be right where I’d want it. of course, i’ll have to replace the existing mesh with a new piece, and move the cup holders forward ( Where they should be in the first place).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
There’s a “ cars and coffee” like thing tomorrow. Magic City Octane.

When I found out it was happening, I’m like “ Fck me.....I’m so tired of missing these things because i have to work every freaking Saturday”

Then i’m like “ It’s from 8 am to 11:00am....ain’t sht happenin at that place in the morning, and I’m going, fck that place”.

So,...I go into the desk today and tell mgmt that I’m gonna be late tomorrow.....really late,...like 12 pm really late.

They just look back at me.....”uhh you planning on tying one on tonight”?

Nope...but i’m still gonna be late.

Done deal.

The Monster gets to rub elbows with the Ferraris, and Lambos tomorrow.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Drool
Reactions: 4 users