Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Maybe now's the time to come out of the II closet and take this one's lead. I mean you've already showed it some love in a different thread. :jester:

1594330460951.jpeg

Seriously though, I think the widebody idea sounds good if everything else works out the way you like. And you could still add a little flair to the hood if you wanted.

There should be a way to just see the pics of a thread. I know you’ve had two sets of wheels, and having access to just the pics would make it easy to compare. Now I gotta go find the old ones..... cause I think I liked those!

the hood almost borders on the “ too subtle” for me anyway. If the car runs like it’s supposed to do, I’ll focus on some body changes next time I doom it to Jax stand duty.

I took the thing to “ If Mercury didn’t suck in the late 70’s, what could/would the Zephyr look like” school Last winter...

This time,...I’ll either go a little more A/FX, and make the hood do this:

1594413368515.jpeg

1965 Mercury Cyclone ram air hood...

or...

I’ll sell the wheels and tires,..and go really big..like...275/18 up front, 335/18 in the rear and push the sheet metal out.
Widebody style.

:doh: :suicide::bang:

Can you just get this running and film burnouts before it goes back on the jackstands and you change everything again?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I searched around a bit and found this pic...... I like the orange trim and the wide bodies in the rear!! The hood has some resemblance to what you just posted as well! Looks pretty nice at this angle!!
B8DB26D9-76F6-4E01-BBB8-A8D6853E8C1B.jpeg

There should be a way to just see the pics of a thread. I know you’ve had two sets of wheels, and having access to just the pics would make it easy to compare. Now I gotta go find the old ones..... cause I think I liked those!
I just made that start to happen, when you go to page 1 there are now completed pics of the first version, and the second version in the index under ( appropriately enough);some completed car pics.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think that car would look good widebodied. Pushing the wheels out will also cause you to have to go through the suspension again. I don't think you were serious about that at all.

The hood with the vents at the front would be nice. Seeing how the old gila grilles turned out I'm sure that project would last from November to April.

I like the wheels on the car now. Knowing the issues you've had with balancing I understand why you want them gone.

When I started the Dusty project...

20200711_142548.jpg

How I am now....

20200711_142427.jpg

^^^^ how I feel when I get out of bed.....and how I feel when I get home from work.

• Haha
I don't think that car would look good widebodied. Pushing the wheels out will also cause you to have to go through the suspension again. I don't think you were serious about that at all.

The hood with the vents at the front would be nice. Seeing how the old gila grilles turned out I'm sure that project would last from November to April.

I like the wheels on the car now. Knowing the issues you've had with balancing I understand why you want them gone.

20200711_142548.jpg

How I am now....

20200711_142427.jpg

^^^^ how I feel when I get out of bed.....and how I feel when I get home from work.
SEE!!!! That’s what I’m Sayin!
It’s like what happens to you when you look at Medusa. ( You turn to stone) But only a little slower.

• Agree
Sealed beam headlights and make the wipers disappear.
I agree,..Rectangular Chinese headlights are not Monster- certified. and Those wipers are because i have no original “park“ position now that i’ve hacked a late model mustang motor into the mix. I need to come up with an articulated arm system that will allow the wiper to sit on the lower molding when they are at rest, but will swing farther in the arc when sweeping. Right now, if i install them against the lower windshield trim, they stop their travel right in front of my face.

20200711_142548.jpg

How I am now....

20200711_142427.jpg

Your mustache finally grew in. :nice:

*Sigh* :nonono:
I have two car deals that are hanging out there that may, or may not make it in by the 15th. ( one of the pay day cutoffs). If they weren’t out there, I’d take an extra day in front of my day off this week to get this thing running by the weekend.
But,....since money is required to live and to make the monster do the same,....I guess I’ll have to hope I can get most of it done Thursday, and finish up what’s left on Sunday.

20200711_142548.jpg

How I am now....

20200711_142427.jpg

Carmax did that to me too. When I showed up there in August 2016, I had no gray hair, and a full head of hair. When I left in February of this year? Gray hair, receding hairline, and I look like I aged 8 years in that 3 1/2.

The guy from PTC called me on Friday, and tells me that his appointment that was originally scheduled for Monday, had to be rescheduled for today. so, instead of getting it yesterday, I get it today instead.
20200714_063142.jpg

They did nothing that I couldn’t have done myself had I had the lathe to ensure that those ”pucks” that they added to the feet were .330”. And if I had the precision drill press to drill, and retap the new holes, and a way to ensure that the pucks, holes and the little spacer ring that they added to the pilot was centered, I might have just done it myself...

But the fact of the matter is I don’t.

In hindsight, it was best left alone to the guys that had all of that sht.

They've had the converter since June 23....A Tuesday. I get the thing back today, 3 weeks later...much longer than I expected, but in the end, worth the wait.

They didn’t charge me to do this.

I knew that I couldn’t hound the guy to rush the converter..I mean Sure, I could’ve, but I’d have to most assuredly pay the piper for that, and as much money as i’ve pumped into this thing in the last 6 months, adding another 300-500.00 wasn’t something i was looking forward to. Besides having the guy rush it served no purpose.....it really didn’t matter in the long run ...I got nowhere to go with the thing anyway....( At least not yet).

So when he hands the thing to me at 6 am this morning and i ask him how I’ll pay him, he says,....” Merry Christmas “.

Its the South...i’m telling ya. Be nice to these guys down here, and they’ll treat you like they’ve known you for 20 years.

The one thing they didn’t do however is check or tune the thing to work with this new engine..it seemed tight to me as compared to the old monster engine where it seemed way too loose. I’ll attribute that to the 3.4 vs 4” stroke, and 1.2 liter displacement difference between the two engines. Hopefully that won’t be an issue.

I took tomorrow off as a vacation day....I’ll back it up against my normal day off on Thursday..The customers I was expecting in by the 15th were split. One got here yesterday, and one won’t be here till Friday. So tomorrow............. it's banana time.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.