Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a productive discussion.

CT - Origins: 02 281 GT

Turns out it was a tongue in cheek comment on why I don’t frequent establishments with scantily clad waitresses. To quote Paul Newman, “I don't like to discuss my marriage, but I will tell you something which may sound corny but which happens to be true. I have steak at home. Why should I go out for hamburger?”.

• Clever
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I can't vouch for him. He wrote that at 7:21 pm our time....add 19 hours......it's 2 pm there Friday....It's not like there's some NZ holiday that he's on a drunken bender mission...( unless they start drinking at 10 am on Friday there).

This morning I'm frustrated...I've had the 1970 wing spoiler on order for weeks now,..and it's still not here. Had I ordered the thing from Summit, I'd have had it for week now.

But I didn't.....I ordered it from Jegs.

They don't stock sht....everything I've ordered from them recently was drop shipped directly from the mfg.

Never again.

I call Summit is morning ...confirm that they have the wing ( they do) and call Jegs to cancel.
Only they claim that the mfg ( drake) has finally shipped the product that I ordered on the 15th. It's gonna be the same turn time if I had ordered the thing from Summi at this juncture.

I have to let it run its course, and not cancel anything. I should have the trunk mount spoiler by wed next week.

The wheels should be here around the same time...

It'll be a test just to be able to keep my progress limited to text based updates....

I'm on a rest period. I am doing the Laboratory Testing of a special road surface, and that has me on duty from about 11 pm to 4 am in the morning.

My workmate from Orgen says it best.... you really bheave like a crack head. Sadly, I have 18 negative drug tests over the past 9 years to prove that I'm not on smack. They pick on me because anyone who behaves like me just gotta be on someting E- Legal

I've done night shift for, oh about 18 years. On both sides of my family, they are carrer nurses, and psychiatric care people , and even they make remarks about my, my mothers, and my fathers "meth head-like " late night vigils.

Sadly, for the three members of my family that are on Hep C recovery from needle induced drug excess, I can only quote my beloved STP front man Scott Weiland, who died at my current age, 48, of a H overdose.

"The time I became an herione addict, I thought, Oh my G"d, your life is F-d up. You've made the biggest life altering descission you've ever made and your stuck with it. Your a junkie. And theres nothing you can do to change that....."

There isn't a person I've loved more than Scott W. His death was a junkie death, and his late wife said it best. Something like" Don't imortalise Scott with an RIP died December 3, 2015 T shirt. He was a junkie and he and our childern lost Scott way before then".

I hope you all keep yourselves well, rest, and don't go crazy. We joke because it keep us sane. If you've used drugs in the past, decide to stop, and get help if you can't.

Hey dude.

GRkFKjhqsE-2.png

Just Double stack the each of wings like a sanitised version of Koening XJ-S, and get both.

db355c4cd6bc4b9f4fdd6fc02e27008a.jpg

sorgente_342461.d1521323032.jpg

You cannot spoil a Spoiler!

Last edited:
I'm on a rest period. I am doing the Laboratory Testing of a special road surface, and that has me on duty from about 11 pm to 4 am in the morning.

My workmate from Orgen says it best.... you really bheave like a crack head. Sadly, I have 18 negative drug tests over the past 9 years to prove that I'm not on smack. They pick on me because anyone who behaves like me just gotta be on someting E- Legal

I've done night shift for, oh about 18 years. On both sides of my family, they are carrer nurses, and psychiatric care people , and even they make remarks about my, my mothers, and my fathers "meth head-like " late night vigils.

Sadly, for the three members of my family that are on Hep C recovery from needle induced drug excess, I can only quote my beloved STP front man Scott Weiland, who died at my current age, 48, of a H overdose.

"The time I became an herione addict, I thought, Oh my G"d, your life is F-d up. You've made the biggest life altering descission you've ever made and your stuck with it. Your a junkie. And theres nothing you can do to change that....."

There isn't a person I've loved more than Scott W. His death was a junkie death, and his late wife said it best. Something like" Don't imortalise Scott with an RIP died December 3, 2015 T shirt. He was a junkie and he and our childern lost Scott way before then".

I hope you all keep yourselves well, rest, and don't go crazy. We joke because it keep us sane. If you've used drugs in the past, decide to stop, and get help if you can't.

Hey dude.

GRkFKjhqsE-2.png

Just Double stack the each of wings like a sanitised version of Koening XJ-S, and get both.

db355c4cd6bc4b9f4fdd6fc02e27008a.jpg

sorgente_342461.d1521323032.jpg

You cannot spoil a Spoiler
!

That may be true, but those pictures are proof that you can spoil a Jaguar.

I'm not a big fan of coming on here and dogging a manufacturer, or a distributor simply because I had a bad experience with them.
I've bitten many an ass of guys that do it here, especially if the case they make against a company involves any fault of their own.

So I gotta be careful here.

Summit hung the stars and the moon as far as I'm concerned. I've never worked with a better company. Stay loyal to them, spend money with them, and They'll literally bend over backwards to take care of you.
I rarely deal with Jegs. But always saw them as equal.

That is, up until this time.

When you do a Google Search on a rear deck spoiler for a 69 Mustang, Jegs shows up in the search results..

It was for that reason I decided to use them this time around.

I ordered the last few items from them. But They had none of it in stock, everything was drop shipped directly from the supplier. ( what do they stock then?)

Of the three things I bought this last time,..the wing was forecast to not be available until the 28th of November.

Come the 28th I get no update from anybody. I call Jegs, ask them WTF, they call Drake ( the wing supplier, and a whole buttload of all things Ford)
According to them,...the thing was shipping out that day. Jegs tells me this, and that I should get a shipping confirmation from them later that day.
I call Summit.
They have 2 in stock.
I decide to let the thing run its course..the 2 that are in stock are at the Nevada warehouse, Drake is in Nevada too. Regardless of what I do, the things gotta come from Nevada.

Two days later I got no confirmation from nobody.

I call Jegs.

They don't know anything more.
I make them call Drake, and get me a shipping status..she comes back on their line and tells me that " According to Drake, those things won't be available until mid-December, and that Nobody in the entire nation has any"

Summit does.

I tell her to tell Drake to immediately cancel my order, and that I want an immediate refund.
From them....The way I see it, if they want to get away with competing with Summit, they should step up and stock what they sell....Hell, if everything I would sell could be drop shipped...i could open a speed parts business too.

They cancel, they ( Jegs) refund the money, and I order the new one from Summit...
(I just got my shipment confirmation from them while typing this.)

The moral to the story is that Jegs did what was expected....but at the same time isn't what I expected them to be.

A Summit they aren't.

Wow......I almost wish I hadn't decided to go " photo dark" until after the car was done...

The wheels came in today....a complete surprise. They were just stacked up on my front porch when I got home.
I promptly opened a front and rear, took them downstairs and put one on each of the missing wheel locations where I pulled the old ones off to measure the back spacing with.

Let me tell you....They look freakin amazing.

They completely make this transformation by themselves. The stripes, color changes, hood scoop, spoiler, and tail lights will be a complete shock to the old monster vibe...

There's gonna be a new monster in town...and he ain't no slow moving, sun bakin, ugly lookin, ground scrapin lizard anymore.

Reactions: 1 users
Soundz like it'll be hyper, CMA. Still vote for getting two 69-73 March 1 Stang rear deck spoiler's and stackin' them up high like multiple flap jacks.

Note Well: Since you aren't painting what Ima priming....

I've decided to post some more Psy-clonic action. One of our 20 tornados per year.....

I was due to be runnin' around and robbing banks all whacked in the Scooby Van.

Telecommunications.jpg

But my return back to Dunedin from Central Otago before 5 pm was delayed by reading the StangNet posts here.

;-)

Looks like CMA was visiting Fruitlands (near Alexandra, my hometown) in his space ship at 5pm anyway.

(It was either CMA, or the Great 13, 16 or 17 Toed Hairy Prairie Hide Behind)

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/watch-twister-begins-form-above-central-otago
"blob:https://players.brightcove.net/6451caa2-6a1e-4c8b-b878-3d2405fe44ab"
https://players.brightcove.net/6451caa2-6a1e-4c8b-b878-3d2405fe44ab
DtMbGmWW0AIL5ec.jpg

By the way, Fruitlands Utah has much better whirly gigs than Fruitlands Alexandra

See here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIL0EbgPBcE

but they do happen down here too. Only when special visitors happen on the place.

Usually accompanied by mid summer hail storms like in the 1st Blob link.

Last edited:
Soundz like it'll be hyper, CMA. Still vote for getting two 69-73 March 1 Stang rear deck spoiler's and stackin' them up high like multiple flap jacks.

Note Well: Since you aren't painting what Ima priming....

I've decided to post some more Psy-clonic action. One of our 20 tornados per year.....

I was due to be runnin' around and robbing banks all whacked in the Scooby Van.

Telecommunications.jpg

But my return back to Dunedin from Central Otago before 5 pm was delayed by reading the StangNet posts here.

;-)

Looks like CMA was visiting Fruitlands (near Alexandra, my hometown) in his space ship at 5pm anyway.

(It was either CMA, or the Great 13, 16 or 17 Toed Hairy Prairie Hide Behind)

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/watch-twister-begins-form-above-central-otago
"blob:https://players.brightcove.net/6451caa2-6a1e-4c8b-b878-3d2405fe44ab"
https://players.brightcove.net/6451caa2-6a1e-4c8b-b878-3d2405fe44ab
DtMbGmWW0AIL5ec.jpg

By the way, Fruitlands Utah has much better whirly gigs than Fruitlands Alexandra

See here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIL0EbgPBcE

but they do happen down here too. Only when special visitors happen on the place.

Usually accompanied by mid summer hail storms like in the 1st Blob link.

Which one are you sir? I'm saying the guy on the right.

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user
CMA Meister said:
Which one are you sir? I'm saying the guy on the right.

Neither. Um, I wear a Blue hat, but the van is exactly the same but mine has no dents like the one in the Telco pic above.....of course, you almost nailed it!, :

all technicains hold an over compensatory ABS clip board and take instructions from the lead guy who has a glove and shades.

Go on CMA, show Drew your wheelz man. PM him a Faded thumbnail.

I'm amagining how its going to look.The small wheel arch wheel area everywhere else in the Ford Capri and GM empire in the late sixties and early 70's wasn't good at all.

73bathbond.jpg

The Fox Boxes H-u-g-e wheel house cries out for a modern 69 MAGNUM 500 Polyglass idea...on alunimum, low hysteriestis rubber, and Acid

The idea is pretty much where the B body guys have been recently,

DSC_1546.jpg

DSC_1546.jpg

but in actual fact, it was the 1973 Torana XU1 that used Globe Sprintmasters in alloy, just like the GTHO Phase IV.

All that low unsprung mass sheet and sedan "saloon" racing at 160 mph created the idea of Plus One and Two inch alloy Magnum 500's,

ones that weren't that weren't just some kinda chromed-up Dished out Rostyle MGBGTknockoff with extra studs and back spacing inches.

18645290_470406756634723_7586668585712353280_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTUyMzE3MTkwMDU4OTg1MDEzNA%3D%3D.jpg

The low profile tire progression has been horriable slow. Ford actually did all the 1984 Gatorback SVO Plus Two stuff in 1980 with the 55 series TRX TIRED Fat Foxes, the Sterling S cars, the T bird and XR7 Cougars.

Ford failed to go to go anyfuther than the 1969 Polyglass 60 series that was the first Plus One tire. 14 inch 70 series Mustangs begate 15's on 60 series tires. Then the next giant leap forward had to wait 15 long, long years, and it was making the SVO Foxes take the biggest tires in Plus Two, like the 16 inchers with the 50 series tires. Your making the old Box trim, taut and terrific.

17 inches and 45's in the same wheel house is a Plus Three inch concept. The way to go!

Last edited:
There's no other words for how yesterday turned out other than it sucked.

Firstly, I ended up being at the dealership until 2. What was left of the day after that went straight to hell.
The tail lights are proving to be a real sonofabtch. The lights not only are curved, but the lenses are slightly staggered with regard to their mounting depth. Trying to make any of this work with a flat substrate is probably gonna end up being a big giant waste of time.
My fear is that if I do something to the rear of the car that makes the old lights irreversible ( and it could happen) I'll have one hell of a time just trying to get it back to where it was when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

In reality, the existing tail light panel is all kinds of wrong.

The depth I mounted the thing at is inconsistent. It's shallower at the ends, and neither end is the same. Additionally, one end has a twist to it. Trying to put a flat block there ( the new tail light surface) ends up like the wobbly table at the restaurant.

Only I can't stick a folded up napkin under some corner to fix it.

The "sticking the housing through from the backside" plan fell apart just as soon as I started trying to find a way to do it.

That left cutting down the housings and making them work from the outside. One of which now has an inch cut off of it.

I'll probably end up doing the same thing with these that I did with the cougar tails when I was building this thing in the first place........fcking them all the hell up, and throwing them away after that.

I have one last Hail Mary attempt left in me to try and make these things work...after that, it's trash can time.

The biggest downer is that my "BMW tech" son calls me at the end of the day, tells me that he probably damaged one of the beads on the 315's getting it off the old wheel,.....and the two new rear wheels have really excessive runout ( out of round).

Now,..as if that isnt bad enough.......the bigger issue is that the wheels came with a QC sheet in each box detailing the runout specs when they left the factory...and now,...somethings changed.

I'm thinking that something happened to them during the mounting process...and I'm gonna get stuck with them.
And they cost 1000.00 for the pair.

Even if I don't, there's still the Pain in the Ass process in front of me of having to dismount the rears, boxing them up, making a warranty claim, shipping them back to.......California???....AND...Even if they acknowledge the possible defect,....having to wait another month to have two more wheels built.

Or...conversely...if they claim that they were damaged during the mounting process.....I shudder to think about it.

Upon hearing this, I was immediately done with anything car related. I got zero done yesterday.

• Angry
Called the wheel reseller and filed my complaint. No questions asked,..he just apologized, stated that he'd issue a call tag, and that the wheels woul be picked up tomorrow.

The tire that number 1 said was fcked, isn't that bad. I'm running it.

I figured out the tail lights and it would/will work and look good...I guess that all depends on the wonkiness of the existing tail light panel, and how the new panel will look after I get it done and ready to glue in place on top of the old one.

Reactions: 2 users
One things coming, two things going:

December is typically a big month in car sales here. Last year, there were guys making over 10k at months end. I'm confident that I could've been one of those guys.
Except that they've now added 7 new salespeople, all of whom will be starting in the next several days.

We'll have 16 salespeople in the same space that 9 have been for the last several months.

All the dealership cares about is their bottom line. Whether they get there with 9, 12, or 16 people, doesn't matter to them as long as they get there.
It matters to the 9 of us who have been here all year long though...Because now the potential to make 10k just got cut almost in half, because there's now almost twice as many people here.

That goes hand in hand with this update:

My available free monster time will be minimal for the next several weeks...maybe the next two months.

I'm waiting another month for the two back wheels at best..and I have a hood and trunk that needs serious time spent on them to get them ready for paint. I don't have to remind anybody here how much I detest that looming inevitability.

The wing should be here today,....UPS will drop that, and pick up my two wheels at the same time...

Then.....ill have the wing...

I gotta tell ya, the wing is gonna be a "make or break" thing on this car...I'm not overly optimistic that it'll look right on the car, but hey.....the factory(s) put a freakin wing on everything in the late 60's, and early 70's.

Chrysler even put a wing on their 30 ft. Long, 50 ton Hurst 300 model.
1-1512052940567@2x.jpg

50594416-770-0@2X.jpg

See?

history-of-the-plymouth-barracuda-in-1970-the-cuda-came-into-its-own.jpg

Chrysler put a wing on the Dart, the Duster, the GTX, Challenger, 'Cuda, the Road Runner, and a really, really big wing on the Superbird, and Daytona Charger.

(Evidently,....Chrysler stuck a wing on every car they made in the early 70's...." Stick a wing on it !" Must've been the mandate from the corporate office in those days..)

Ford had wings on the Mustang, Mercury had wings on the Cyclone, and Cougar Eliminator:
1970-Mercury-Cougar-Eliminator-Rear.jpg

What Ford didn't know was that they also put a wing on the Fairmont....

At least on one of them.

I'll take Barracuda for the win Alex. I've owned a bunch of 1995+ Dodge vehicles, but never any classics. But damn did they stamp out some sweet cars back in the day!

Sucks about the work issue. It's hard to get excited when the opportunity for more has been removed.

Hopefully you will have a breakthru on the taillights. Wait...it's CMA. Hopefully you get 1 or 2 attempts wrong then nail it on the 3rd or 11th attempt.

:nice:

Good, except that the managers won't let them flounder...so they'll spend an exceptional amount of time with them making sure they don't.

And the tenured salesmen have to wait till they finish before they get the attention they need to get their customers taken care of.

What Ford didn't know was that they also put a wing on the Fairmont....

At least on one of them.

Ford Australia put a wing on a raft of Super Roo four door XW and XY Fairmont's. About 3000 of them. That's what a 69-71 Falcon GTHO is, a Fairmont with a March 1 spolier and the hottest American small block.....

Then they exported a hundred of more of 'em to South Africa, and none of them had the wing.

Except one...

ebay142352801695080.jpg

ATTACH]

Attachments

• 1544142078001.png
    1544142078001.png
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.