Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

The 72 lb mystery is solved...
image.jpeg

Always wanted one of these things.....didn't expect it to show up as quickly.

* Hopefully it won't end up in a garage sale next year.:D

For watching the neighbors, um, neighboring stars.....

24d722f599e61a8486170ace92404eb6b8487a7e.jpg

We have 47-tucanae, or NGC 104 down here. Big MF Fuzzy Wuzzy. Not many of US people can see it, its a Southern Sky thang.

Telescopically the cluster is, well, just stunning and a showpiece object of the night sky. It total it spans 31 arc minutes of apparent sky, almost exactly the same diameter as the full Moon. For comparison, 47 Tuc is 50% larger and 3x brighter than the Great Hercules Cluster, which is regarded as the finest globular in the northern section of the sky.

I was born, under a wandrin' star.

A wandrin' star, wandrin' star......

For watching the neighbors, um, neighboring stars.....

24d722f599e61a8486170ace92404eb6b8487a7e.jpg

We have 47-tucanae, or NGC 104 down here. Big MF Fuzzy Wuzzy. Not many of US people can see it, its a Southern Sky thang.

Telescopically the cluster is, well, just stunning and a showpiece object of the night sky. It total it spans 31 arc minutes of apparent sky, almost exactly the same diameter as the full Moon. For comparison, 47 Tuc is 50% larger and 3x brighter than the Great Hercules Cluster, which is regarded as the finest globular in the northern section of the sky.

I was born, under a wandrin' star.

A wandrin' star, wandrin' star......
you're good as long as no one is looking back at you!

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user
I'm in Nashville today. MOF, we both are.
Came up here last night to see a concert ( tedeski trucks). Amazing guitar skills, but the venue...( Ryman auditorium) left a little to be desired..people in front block your view of the stage.

I have come into my own 20 years too late...All of these cool things to do, great places to eat/drink, beautiful cities to explore. Big experiences, big adventure ( all of which I'd do in a heartbeat) .and here I am....an aging old man with titanium knees....

Found a new tequila that has become my favorite. Casamigo. George Clooney formulated, owned this product. Wanted to come up with a drink that you can drink all day, and not have a hangover the next.
I learned that he sold the formula to another tequila producer for 1billion dollars.....Trust me,...this ain't no Cuervo.

I'm a testament to drinking alot of it,..whether or not I can say I don't have a hangover, or just a stiff neck, and a headache....ill drink this coffee and decide later.

We're here through tonight...that means I'll have to endure the freakin Superbowl in a bar....( Kate is actually the fan....although she couldn't tell you what a tight end is, other than the perceived butt firmness of the players)

If I was home though.......im on another one of my epiphany moments.....the whole interior is done, it only needs to be put in place. If I was home...she'd be content to watch that game on one of the two big assed tvs, and oblivious to the fact that I wouldn't be....id be in the basement making dreams come true....

But it is what it is,......i wanted to be the urban socialite this weekend...travel to the big city,..take in the culture from a far away place...eat great food, listen to great music,.......and end up....

Sitting in a bar, drinking Bud Light, and yelling at a bunch of men on a TV that can't hear me...

Last edited:
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 3 users
After writing my update this morning, I wondered how Kate would feel if I asked her if she'd like to save the money, and just go home instead of staying one more night.

Evidently she was thinking the same thing....we're home.

I had to do a couple of things, and then I'm back in business...

Tell me what you think of this thing...I'm so happy with it..

image.jpeg

Made out of wood, and the same leather that is everywhere else in the car..it is held in place by 4 screws underneath, and together by two long ones on the side.
I cut a whole bunch of pieces that looked like this before they got glued together..
image.jpeg

It took about a dozen of those things glued together to make what you see..

You can see what I did to get rid of the script that was on the sides of the handles...I just polished it off.
The weird little thing in front of the shifter is a magnet mount for the phone...Works peachy.
image.jpeg

And it just wouldn't be the same if I wasn't having to redo something...in this case today, it's the indicator lights that tell me that the thing is in 4th, and 5th...
image.jpeg

These things suck I'm here to tell you...pain in the ass to install,...pain in the ass to wire,....and cheaply made...the one in my hand has a broken pin connection....I found this out after the dash was together.

Reactions: 5 users
What?! A fellow tequila enthusiast?!? Man, oh man. Espolon is my cheap go to. More expensive, I just got a bottle of Avion and I think it's better than Don Julio.
I'm starting to become concerned...
I used to hate tequila....I thought anything that you drank that you had to "chase" with something else, would be best left alone.

Then I started drinking the good stuff. No salt licking, no lime sucking, no " shooting" and no nasty painful face afterwards...
You drink this stuff one sip at a time...
Hornitos it's is our cheap everyday stuff......has a black pepper kinda finish.

Saturday night, I started out drinking Patron Anejo...but as soon as I had that Casamigo...done deal.

The "concern" is that I must've drank .....like 6 shots and a beer in the span of 6 hours...At any other time in my life my brain would've pounded it's way out of my skull after that much booze....but I've learned.

Water is the equalizer...as long as you drink way more water than booze, the old stupid you will never have to get out of bed at 3am with your head on fire, and your eyes too bloody to see.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
I'm starting to become concerned...
I used to hate tequila....I thought anything that you drank that you had to "chase" with something else, would be best left alone.

Then I started drinking the good stuff. No salt licking, no lime sucking, no nasty painful face afterwards...

Hornitos it's is our cheap everyday stuff......has a black pepper kinda finish.

Saturday night, I started out drinking Patron Anejo...but as soon as I had that Casamigo...done deal.

The "concern" is that I must've drank .....like 6 shots and a beer in the span of 6 hours...At any other time in my life my brain would've pounded it's way out of my skull after that much booze....but I've learned.

Water is the equalizer...as long as you drink way more water than booze, the old stupid you will never have to get out of bed at 3am with your head on fire, and your eyes too bloody to see.
Ranch Water:
-1 or 2 shots tequila
- Lime juice to your liking
- Fill the rest of the glass with Topo Chico.

I've drank this sht all night before, got pretty ripe, and woke up the next day fresh as a flower. 1) it keeps you hydrated 2) there's very little sugar.
I've also started subbing the lime juice with Black Cherry Mio (sugar free drink flavoring) and I have yet to find anything id rather be drinking.

Ranch Water:
-1 or 2 shots tequila
- Lime juice to your liking
- Fill the rest of the glass with Topo Chico.

I've drank this sht all night before, got pretty ripe, and woke up the next day fresh as a flower. 1) it keeps you hydrated 2) there's very little sugar.
I've also started subbing the lime juice with Black Cherry Mio (sugar free drink flavoring) and I have yet to find anything id rather be drinking.

Meh....anything you add to the drink masks the drink..( although some of the crap needs masking...I.e. Jack&coke, 7&7,....)

Here's my recipe for what I usually drink..

-1 short glass.
-1-1-1/4oz of Irish whiskey, or above stated tequila.
Pour in glass....drink responsibly until you're no longer responsible.

Reactions: 1 users
The search for replacement warning lights for the gear indicators became a black hole....time got consumed, and what should’ve been an easy task, turned into my third attempt at placing lights into those two holes.

All I wanted were two panel lights that would snap into its respective 1/2” hole with two presoldered wires attached...
Because whatever is up under that dash where you need to try and get a nut on the back side of one of those lights does this to your hand.
BCD36160-C310-4F67-9FE3-BC136F19C4AA.jpeg

It was much more bloody while trying to do this the first time.. so I wanted to find a light I could just pop in...

Kinda like this.
73415_primary_450px.jpg

The damn things are all over the internet,..but try to find one in a freakin auto parts store....

I had to travel all over the place, every damn store carries the exact same inventory. Nobody had what I wanted. I ended up going to a radio shack kinda place that had something that would work. They aren’t exactly as pictured, and they came with their own little trim ring that held the light and gave it a way to snap into a metal hole. I get back home and test the fit....
Just slightly too tight.
I get out the drill,.... install a step bit,...and promptly drill the hole out. TOO DAMN BIG!!!. The light now falls through the hole.

Now I’m in tantrum mode,..it’s 4 o clock, and I’ve spent the past several hours trying to finish these damn lights, and I just made it so I can’t. Now I gotta make a bandaid to fix the fck up that up until 5 minutes before, had me within 10 minutes of being done.

It meant that I had to find something to shim the hole down so a light would fit in the hole.

I find a rubber grommet to fit the hole.....only now, the lights that I spent all day trying to find are too big...remove the little trim ring they came with, and now they’re too small..

The ONLY thing that would fit in the new, now reduced diameter hole...is the same damn thing I had before I ever left the house that morning, albeit needing replaced with one that worked. And since I only had one grommet, I had to go to the AP store for one of each.............Which was only 10 minutes from my house.:fuss::fuss::fuss::fuss:

Derek Trucks is probably the best slide guitarist in the World. Not a fan of Gibson SG guitars but he does make those thing sing. I recently watched a Rig Rundown on YouTube of his gear and his setup is quite unique. He's got killer tone but man wish I had his fingers.

Derek Trucks is probably the best slide guitarist in the World. Not a fan of Gibson SG guitars but he does make those thing sing. I recently watched a Rig Rundown on YouTube of his gear and his setup is quite unique. He's got killer tone but man wish I had his fingers.
i went to a bar where a friend was playing years ago and he introduced this kid about 9 years old and he played like Eric Clapton! It was Derek Trucks and his career was just getting started.

i went to a bar where a friend was playing years ago and he introduced this kid about 9 years old and he played like Eric Clapton! It was Derek Trucks and his career was just getting started.

True, he's a guitar prodigy in the blues just like Joe Bonamassa. I believe both played with BB King when they were single digit aged kids. I started playing guitar in mid-2015 and it's so friggin hard. I won't link a YouTube cover song here but there are bunch on my YouTube Channel where I post the Father & Son SN95 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.