Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I should have stopped at 333 posts like I intended. W@nkers the lot of you. What kind of f!-!|《t@rd even contemplates putting a Toy Motor into a FoMoCo product. My last 7 Toyotas have been purile, souless and engineering retarded "monstrocities" that make reast in the Nostramo awaiting an alien attack a prefference to this Hell Hole. Time to go for me. I feel like Frank Zappa when his audience partipation test reveals 100% are morons.
We put one in a 86 coupe as well . Idk who pissed in your Cheerios but to each his own . 2js have been real fast .

I should have stopped at 333 posts like I intended. W@nkers the lot of you. What kind of f!-!|《t@rd even contemplates putting a Toy Motor into a FoMoCo product. My last 7 Toyotas have been purile, souless and engineering retarded "monstrocities" that make reast in the Nostramo awaiting an alien attack a prefference to this Hell Hole. Time to go for me. I feel like Frank Zappa when his audience partipation test reveals 100% are morons.

Ok,...Just got back after an auto tune,....and a full pull off of auto tune...

Ahem...

Without the freakin boost duty controller doing a damn thing..I now have exactly 10 p.s.i. of boost. Clearly the spring that is in this new waste gate is a 10 pounder.
This whole time that I've had this setup ( new Chinee turbo, new waste gate, ITB's) That ITB "hat" has been leaking boost like a bitch.
10 PSI before left the engine a freakin oily assed disaster but this time around,..courtesy of the new Puke Troll...
20190810_151948.jpg

clean as a whistle.
So,...provided I haven't hurt anything ( which I haven't,...the pull was as clean as you could ask for) it's time to ramp up the EBC..IIRC, nothing happened with that thing till the controller was set to 50% .....page 297 tells that tale..

It's clean, It's waxed, nothin left to do but drive it. Think I'll take it to the Mccalla cruise in.

p.s....... for those that care.

Attachments

• 2019-08-10_14.46.54.msl
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
  • Winner
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 5 users
Ok,...Just got back after an auto tune,....and a full pull off of auto tune...

Ahem...

Without the freakin boost duty controller doing a damn thing..I now have exactly 10 p.s.i. of boost. Clearly the spring that is in this new waste gate is a 10 pounder.
This whole time that I've had this setup ( new Chinee turbo, new waste gate, ITB's) That ITB "hat" has been leaking boost like a bitch.
10 PSI before left the engine a freakin oily assed disaster but this time around,..courtesy of the new Puke Troll...
20190810_151948.jpg

clean as a whistle.
So,...provided I haven't hurt anything ( which I haven't,...the pull was as clean as you could ask for) it's time to ramp up the EBC..IIRC, nothing happened with that thing till the controller was set to 50% .....page 297 tells that tale..

It's clean, It's waxed, nothin left to do but drive it. Think I'll take it to the Mccalla cruise in.

p.s....... for those that care.
Mike I love hearing :poo: like this . I hope it stays this way

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t be so stupid Noobz, they can’t BOTH be 1JZ! One must be 2JZ.........

It’s not addition, you just need 2JZ, 1JZ can leave. That would look stupid in the engine bay anyhow.

All I know is that when I Googled to see if it was possible, that this is what turned up.

So... All I know is that someone else has already done it and the proof is in the image above. :shrug:

So get off my back! :fuss: The interwebZ doesn't lie. :O_o:

Two years ago, ( or page 297,of this thread, however you keep track of time) I had just moved into this house. Had the twin scroll BW turbo on the engine, and had finally figured out the electronic boost controller..Back then, I had two 7 pound Wastegate's on the engine. When I finally got to experience a full throttle pull at 11.9 psi in this car...I think I posted something more or less to the effect like "Oh My God!!"

No sooner had I said that, I was struck with an overwhelming case of Stupid, and I removed that turbo, claiming that the effect boost had on me was like a drug, and that I was on a path to blow up the engine if I kept the turbo on it. Because like Crack,......I had now experienced the green fairy,..and I'd want more and more boost until the engine came apart.

And this was after a slow roll in first gear.

We all know what happens afterwards...N/A, ITB's, forged rods, new sleeves, turbo comes back, blow by, glass top box, boost leakage, won't make over 5psi...Blah-blah-blahh.....That about brings us to this evening.

Different turbo, same engine. Same slow roll..

OH MY GOD!!!

I'm gonna blow up my engine.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Looking at the datalog you posted above it seems like the car wants a slightly higher idle speed, with no idle valve this can be difficult. before you mess with the idle screw i would try increasing the Idle advance timing from 20 to 25. your combo seems to like slightly higher idle timing.

All I know is that when I Googled to see if it was possible, that this is what turned up.

So... All I know is that someone else has already done it and the proof is in the image above. :shrug:

So get off my back! :fuss: The interwebZ doesn't lie. :O_o:

Sorry mike I’ll stop after this .

We did this over 2-3 years ago in my buddies 86 which just got re done with a 10:1 version . We have been doing that car prob over 5-6 years now I helped him prep to paint , mock engine up to make mounts etc .

Also another friend here has a reef notch with a 2j.

8 years ago someone on supra forums did a mint white coupe in Cali.

Body work will be finished this season . Reason he didn’t paint nose was because he didn’t want to keep making changes and risk the paint . Rest is mint . Gas door even shaved cuz it has a cell . We did this whole car including assy the first engine in his over size 1 car garage . Mini tub , all body work , 3/4 of the paint , cage , interior , haltech wiring you name it .

C304B48F-5CD4-4131-A5ED-8718929FEB03.jpeg
DA093D20-F46D-4F71-89A3-27F71B6DE673.jpeg

@Noobz347

Looking at the datalog you posted above it seems like the car wants a slightly higher idle speed, with no idle valve this can be difficult. before you mess with the idle screw i would try increasing the Idle advance timing from 20 to 25. your combo seems to like slightly higher idle timing.
Well one way or the other...the surge was huge after bringing the car down my driveway, but the engine was also over 200 degrees...it really concerned me. I just went down there, pulled all six plugs,..they're all perfect. I cracked the throttle screw and fired it up. It wants more air at idle..it is running at 1000 rpm at idle, and happy. I don't mind that. Tomorrow, I'm gonna add the timing back in, and correct the throttle back out of it slightly.

So,...now...(You had to be in the car) it's never been this much of a heathen...it literally leaped when it hit second gear. The tires are boiling again. There's a difference between that.
Before at 5 psi, the tires would spin engine roars and I shift. The tire spin stops right after the 1-2 shift.
Now,......The engine screams, and the 1-2 shift is almost instant, ( now the tires are boiling) the car lurches violently and they tires continue to shred as long as my foot is in it...I had to lift in second gear because I was heading towards YouTube fail territory.

I have opened Pandoras' box.

Last edited:
  • Loved It!
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry mike I’ll stop after this .

We did this over 2-3 years ago in my buddies 86 which just got re done with a 10:1 version . We have been doing that car prob over 5-6 years now I helped him prep to paint , mock engine up to make mounts etc .

Also another friend here has a reef notch with a 2j.

8 years ago someone on supra forums did a mint white coupe in Cali.

Body work will be finished this season . Reason he didn’t paint nose was because he didn’t want to keep making changes and risk the paint . Rest is mint . Gas door even shaved cuz it has a cell . We did this whole car including assy the first engine in his over size 1 car garage . Mini tub , all body work , 3/4 of the paint , cage , interior , haltech wiring you name it .

C304B48F-5CD4-4131-A5ED-8718929FEB03.jpeg
DA093D20-F46D-4F71-89A3-27F71B6DE673.jpeg

@Noobz347
Don't apologize, aside from the coil packs on the valve cover, and the obvious dual cam gears, that engine looks a lot like mine.I'm gonna tap you as a source for info when I get closer to the end of the year. When you google 2jz engine for sale, there are several importers that pop up with pics of engines out of Japanese Lexus models that aren't sold here. If you can tell me what to look for as a starting point,..ill buy one of those engines.
Provided I can adapt that engine to an SBF trans bell.
Can you talk about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.