Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

So...that reminds me...

I'm sitting in a restaurant in Italy after spending the day looking at sculptures of human bodies chisled out of solid marble.

I said to Kate, " Can you imagine that?
Dude has a hammer and chisle beating, and banging on a piece of rock for who knows how freakin' long...Chink-Chink, Tink-Tink...Chink-chink, Tink-tink."One chip at a time, till they have this perfectly smooth piece of stone, that was as close to perfect as they could make it.

I mused.....

I'm like that.

I go down to the garage,...whether it be a hammer and chisle, or a grinder and a drill, I get out the tools..and get after it....
Chink-chink, tink-tink,...Chink-chink, Tink-Tink....
I go on to tell her....im formally changing my name.
No longer will I respond to Mike, or Michael,.....Im now the artist formally known by my old name, and henceforth
Now referred to by the letters
C2/T2.
Or by my long name:
Chink-chink,Tink-tink.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So...that reminds me...

I'm sitting in a restaurant in Italy after spending the day looking at sculptures of human bodies chisled out of solid marble.

I said to Kate, " Can you imagine that?
Dude has a hammer and chisle beating, and banging on a piece of rock for who knows how freakin' long...Chink-Chink, Tink-Tink...Chink-chink, Tink-tink."One chip at a time, till they have this perfectly smooth piece of stone, that was as close to perfect as they could make it.

I mused.....

I'm like that.

I go down to the garage,...whether it be a hammer and chisle, or a grinder and a drill, I get out the tools..and get after it....
Chink-chink, tink-tink,...Chink-chink, Tink-Tink....
I go on to tell her....im formally changing my name.
No longer will I respond to Mike, or Michael,.....Im now the artist formally known by my old name, and henceforth
C2/T2.
Or by my long name:
Chink-chink,Tink-tink.
And kate said?
Or did she just do the 'eye roll' and order another drink?

.Im now the artist formally known by my old name, and henceforth

C2/T2, dang it get it right

And don't confuse him with
R2D2, He's much more articulate and has 2 legs and one ear
r2d2-memes.jpg

All of my pistons are out. No ridge to stop them, they just pushed right on out. The bearings look better than the ones that came out of the Monster, although I’ve yet to pull the crank. But I’ve got no reason to suspect I’ll see anything different.
I can’t say I regret buying the engine, it just blows away domestic stuff on just about all fronts. ( Excepting the Prolific usage of TTY bolts all through the engine)The rods float. I’m gonna be able to separate the pistons from the rods by removing a lock ring.
the engine s barely showing any sign of age...carbon is almost non-existent. The mains are so heavily bolstered, you don’t have to stretch to imagine how these things are making as much power as they are, and surviving.
Once I can get the thing fully apart, I can get it to a machine shop for decking. I’ll have the big ends of rods checked for any distortion created by the new bolts, maybe have the crank checked and polished. Other than that, the engine will be done. I’ll file fit the rings, reassemble the piston/rods, and put the bitch back together.
Since I don’t really have the time to do anything to it, I’m only able to read about it, or watch the goobers on YouTube. The problem with these vids, is that nobody talks about the real expense, and the bounty of stupid sht you have to learn on the fly.

: There is an O-ring in the VVTI intake gear that keeps it sealed up.
That thing will leak over time...With it this far apart, who wouldn’t fix this potential problem?
It’s only 15 bucks.....if you do it while the cam belt is off. But if you don’t watch the buttload of vids there are out there,..you never know that thing can leak in the first place.
There are all kinds of proprietary o rings everywhere..oil pan, oil pump, water pump, water pump extension tube...you also find this crap out after spending hours watching pin heads on you tube..All I can say is thank god for pin heads.

Depending on how much they have to hack off the deck surface of the block, I’ll have to send back the .051 thick Cometic piece so as to be able to add back what got removed. So,...if they cut .010, I’ll add back a .020 to make up for that, and the .012 that had to be cut off of the head to fix the belt sanded fck up the head shop I took the head to months ago when I needed the valves checked.
In other words...I’ll need a .071 thick head gasket to keep everything copacetic...Even thicker if they need to cut more.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
well,...out of the blue some guy comes along and buys the Aussie head. The last thing remaining that could ever have me justify trying to find a new block, and going back down that rabbit hole ever again.

with it went the ss rockers, 3/8 pushrods, head studs, and the valve cover..all together probably costing some where close to 2 grand when it was all new.

550 shipped it to NJ.

the only thingS left that's worth anything now are so obscure, I may as well throw them away.
a 500.00 roller Cam that only fits one engine on the planet, and a scuffed up( and probably collapsed) set of noisy assed forged pistons.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
When I sold the head on Friday, I also sold the Edis6 ignition, and the plug wires that were cut to fit that head. That required me to cut off the proprietary plugs that fit the coil pack and Edis module from my wire harness. Now, I have a hacked up, snagulated looking mess of wires that used to go to a working ignition system.

This car keeps going backwards everyday.

It’s like a restoration Mike. Taking a running/driving car down to the bare chemical soaked shell to bring it back in better form. At least you have the time to work on it. I miss wrenching on mine.
Have time ? What’s this commodity of which you speak? It’s December..our busiest month. The greedy bastards that run the dealership have the sales staff (Me) working today.
I sneak a few hours in obscure times..like this morning.This morning I pulled the rest of the bottom end apart. Looking at the main bearings that showed zero signs of wear, cussing myself for ever pulling the head in the first place.

Now the dilemma arises because of the letter T.

When you buy a 2jzge, you just bought a non-turbocharged version of the engine. Different crank, smaller flex plate bolt pattern smaller diameter torque converter bolt pattern. When you buy a 2jzgTe, you just bought yourself a Supra MK4 engine. Twin turbocharged, Forged crank, larger flex plate crank bolt pattern, larger diameter torque converter pattern.

The one thing?.....I didn’t know any of that at that time.

When the converter guy built the converter, he called me and had me measure the factory converter bolt circle. I did. Just as he asked. When the converter came, he had built the thing to fit a GE instead. A bolt pattern About 1/8”-3/32” smaller in diameter than my flex plate.

Because I only needed to modify each hole about a 1/16” inboard, I figured I’d just elongate the holes to make it work.This flexplate has already been through hell already, drilled, cut, welded, ground on, and welded some more, I figured what the hell difference would one more set of mods make?

Again, as with everything I do, I start second guessing myself. The holes are now pretty big. I decide to weld washers on the back side to close down the holes and give some reinforcement to them. After doing that.....I look at the whole mess, and decide to just buy a new flexplate to fit the converter..When it gets here, the freakin thing is different,
and that’s when I learn about the differences between a GE, and a GTE. The converter pads stand off more, the flexplate is spaced different, and the crank pattern is smaller...by about............You guessed it...1/16”

When you look closer, the factory drilled holes in this thing...but there is no evidence of anything going on with the harmonic balancer like a SBF..you cannot see an imbalance weight. And there aren’t any holes drilled in that thing, anywhere.

So,...here I am. One flexplate fits, but it’s so freakin heavily modified, who knows what I’ve done to the factory balance. The GE flexplate is unmolested and fits the converter, but it doesn’t fit the engine. Despite that, It only needs the tiniest amount of massaging to get the holes modified so that I could bolt the thing on to the back of the engine.

But both flexplates need to be checked for imbalance now.

Which means I just added a rebalance to the machine bill. To an engine that didn’t need nothing until I got it here.

When this whole 2jz thing started, I had really envisioned dropping in a trans and engine, welding in some mounts, and cutting down a driveshaft to make it all fit together.

I've begun searching for this thread in parallel universes in order to find the one I'm talking about. :O_o:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
When this whole 2jz thing started, I had really envisioned dropping in a trans and engine, welding in some mounts, and cutting down a driveshaft to make it all fit together.

I've begun searching for this thread in parallel universes in order to find the one I'm talking about. :O_o:
Tell me about it. It all started when I decided to change out the Cam seals and a wrench slipped off a Nut

Status
Not open for further replies.