Status
Not open for further replies.
Even on the cars those wings don't look great. It's like Detroit said, hey we need a wing, what can we get made the fastest and put on here. I like the duck tail. It fits the lines of the car. It's not 10' or even 1' tall.

The hood...just go "Hemi Under Glass". Everyone wants to look at the engine...let them look at it all the time!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm at the point of no return,...hoods off, trunks off,....and the new sheetmetal has started down the road to repair town....
20190421_193020.jpg

I almost like having no hood at all..
20190421_193032.jpg

Nothing to do with the trunk now but throw it away...Which is really hard for me to do at this juncture,..Especially as bad as the new hood trunk is...Gotta wait till I get the blue trunk good enough to completely jump off and go with it.

Tuesday should be a nice day...I hope that I can get something done to one of the pieces enough to call it done.

Reactions: 1 user
Well,......here it is,...Tuesday freakin night...And because I'm doing body work...I don't have dik to show for progress.

I put bondo on,...I sand it back off...I put more bondo on,..I sand it back off...on/off, on/off....it's enough to drive me insane.

I've decided to use the hood scoop..I've done what was needed to make it a bolt on..it'll work peachy.

I'm gonna modify the rear wing...it needs to be lowered because the thing stands too high..it also needs to be stretched because I'm lowering it. I believe that I'm gonna take the outside drop parts, and make them part of the body, and take the center section and bolt it to the trunk. That way, I can make it so the wing appears to be an integral part of the body instead of a bolt on wing.

Not without its fair share of consequences if it don't work out...Firstly, I'll end up destroying any chance of being able to sell the damn thing once I cut it up,..and Nextly....ill end up drilling holes into the top of the quarters to bolt on the drop sections, so I'll fck up the car too....

Why do I have to make sht so damn hard?

To add...the ducktail is the better of the two looks but I don’t like the rear strut supports. I’m thinking that maybe I’d change that to try and anchor the thing at the front instead.

I want the rear trunk edge clean,..the
existing mounts clutter it up.
IMG_0554.JPG

And then the wing.
20190402_173029.jpg

Remember, this trunk is gonna be black except the rear back edge, and that'll be orange.

It’s your car Mike, but I’m not a fan of the blending into the quarters look. Too space ship looking for me. If you admit the ducktail is still your favorite, I don’t see why you wouldn’t keep it and adapt the mounts to a style of your liking.

Or just chop down the pedestal spoiler to sit lower. KISS theory.

Ok then it’s settled..

I’m cutting down the pedestals. I want that wing significantly lower. I’ve also decided that it will look wonky to put an orange band across the back because of the rear facade. So, the whole trunk is going black. That will balance the little band of black that make up the tail lights hopefully.

Cutting down the pedestals will most certainly ruin them..but if I can make it work, they’ll be height adjustable ( about an inch +/-) the tips of that wing need to barely hover over the sheetmetal.

Can you cut the pedestals up close to the underside of the wing, and then PBA them back to the wing after you shorten them? That would leave the bolt on bases in tact.

All black truck will look good because of the orange line between the trunk’s edge and the tail light panel. As far as the hood, I still think the leading edge should be orange so the black doesn’t spill into the grille. The front needs to match the back with a strip of orange for separation....

Can you cut the pedestals up close to the underside of the wing, and then PBA them back to the wing after you shorten them? That would leave the bolt on bases in tact.

All black truck will look good because of the orange line between the trunk’s edge and the tail light panel. As far as the hood, I still think the leading edge should be orange so the black doesn’t spill into the grille. The front needs to match the back with a strip of orange for separation....
Here,...you look at it and tell me where I'd integrate the orange band across the hood that wouldn't look cut off.
IMG_0552.JPG

Way I see it, I can paint the band across the front edge, and black out the whole grille, or I can leave the orange pieces on the grille alone, and paint the whole hood black.

I still Vote for the Dove Tail Spoiler :D

You just aren't ever on the same page, are you rags?
So we’re not doing green then?
No Dave, not unless somebody with a sinus infection sneezes on it.

Pics are the motivation for me. The trunk going all black was decided after seeing how small the tail light panel looks in that giant flat ass this car has...

"Honey, does this small black strip make my ass look big?"

So adding more black to the tail is what is needed.

And the 70's wing is out...definitely. I'm putting the duck tail back on, but....in salt flats tradition......I'm adding a trim tab across the top that will extend the thing another inch or two back. I'm thinking that that that trim tab will get little tiny button head stainless screws holding it on to the main spoiler...maybe it gets painted orange. Hell, maybe the whole spoiler..itll be like an orange/black/orange/black orange layer cake back there.
The whole black grille intrigues me. If there is the orange band to keep it from disappearing in a sea of black, I think that will "mean-up" the front end too.

Status
Not open for further replies.