Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like the pace car mustang spoiler from the 80's ?
No,....kinda like the mikes car monster spoiler from the teens.

Think.......lip.

It'll be a .060 thick extension on top of the .250 piece that makes up the duck tail. Maybe,......just maybe cut with a relief in the middle like the s 197 duck tails had.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Here,...you look at it and tell me where I'd integrate the orange band across the hood that wouldn't look cut off.
IMG_0552.JPG

Way I see it, I can paint the band across the front edge, and black out the whole grille, or I can leave the orange pieces on the grille alone, and paint the whole hood black.

You just aren't ever on the same page, are you rags?

No Dave, not unless somebody with a sinus infection sneezes on it.

Considering the update before this one was about cutting up the Tall-Tiny-Wrong shaped Spoiler- I would say I was ahead of the curve...
Pics are the motivation for me. The trunk going all black was decided after seeing how small the tail light panel looks in that giant flat ass this car has...

"Honey, does this small black strip make my ass look big?"

So adding more black to the tail is what is needed.

And the 70's wing is out...definitely. I'm putting the duck tail back on, but....in salt flats tradition......I'm adding a trim tab across the top that will extend the thing another inch or two back. I'm thinking that that that trim tab will get little tiny button head stainless screws holding it on to the main spoiler...maybe it gets painted orange. Hell, maybe the whole spoiler..itll be like an orange/black/orange/black orange layer cake back there.
The whole black grille intrigues me. If there is the orange band to keep it from disappearing in a sea of black, I think that will "mean-up" the front end too.

See........
:p

Here,...you look at it and tell me where I'd integrate the orange band across the hood that wouldn't look cut off.
IMG_0552.JPG

Way I see it, I can paint the band across the front edge, and black out the whole grille, or I can leave the orange pieces on the grille alone, and paint the whole hood black.

Personally, I would do it exactly how you have it in that pic, except the black going the full width of the hood. Or leaving the leading edge of the hood orange, black out the grille to match the tail light area. That’s just my opinion. Make the front and back “match.”

Went back and looked at a few pics. Being your front splitter is now all orange I would paint the whole top of the hood black, leaving the leading edge of the hood orange. Black out the grille/headlight surround, while leaving the polished grille bar and emblem. I think the would resemble the rear end the closest in the front, and tie the whole scheme together.

Went back and looked at a few pics. Being your front splitter is now all orange I would paint the whole top of the hood black, leaving the leading edge of the hood orange. Black out the grille/headlight surround, while leaving the polished grille bar and emblem. I think the would resemble the rear end the closest in the front, and tie the whole scheme together.
Congrats,...I believe that were both on the same page now.

I've forced myself to adopt a work ethic that I don't think I'm capable of.

Black paint requires expert bodywork. Satin black paint requires a god. I just bought a gallon of satin black acrylic urethane paint. The exact same stuff I painted the dash bars, and engine bay with. Courtesy of the boys at Summit.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-up312g

Remember that it took me two attempts to get the engine compartment up to snuff, and even after the second attempt, I settled. I came to terms with the fact that some of the less than perfect bodywork that was now begging for attention was going to be buried out of sight, or would have to compete with a copper colored turbocharged 6 banger in the line of sight contest yet to come.

But that won't be the case with the trunk and hood now will it? Both of them dudes will be laid out, all flat -n- sht, ........a future test yet to come that I can't study for.

You'll be 'perfectly' fine with it after the third time. :tss:

Orange pin striping on the leading edge of the Black hood/Trunk lid would look great .

(This post was definitely not edited to add the pin stripe part so RaggedGT could reference this post once MadMikeangelo called him out :) )

When did he recommend orange pinstripes on a black hood?
Post #9651 :)

Orange pin striping on the leading edge of the Black hood/Trunk lid would look great .

(This post was definitely not edited to add the pin stripe part so RaggedGT could reference this post once MadMikeangelo called him out :) )

what the?
i must have been sleep editing :shrug:
Can’t resist.

8F4C99CF-DF2D-429B-A0E4-8378F897CAFE.jpeg
I may or may not have had a hand in this.
No video evidence

• Haha
Another weekend goes by w/o any significant improvement, and another day off gets sacrificed because it falls on the last day of the month.

I love my job.

I'm potentially at a crossroad at the job. The new position will still be a sales position, but it will be tied to the service department .Thatll mean Saturday/Sunday off, A few more holidays off, and home by 6pm daily. AND.....no longer at the mercy of how the days of the month fall. While that sounds like a better situation all around, it is a position that has failed to work for everybody that has tried it before.
The prone to failure part of the thing is the dealerships' management fault...they won't get behind the program, and "go all in".
( they want to part-time it) This time around, BMW corporate is watching, this time around, I've reasearched it enough to not be another moth that'll crash into the light ( they're gonna have to guarantee me a 90 day base, and they're gonna have to follow the guidelines set forth in the project planner) before I'll agree to do it.

For the dealerships that are making it work, the potential income is pretty good. Certainly at, or better than I'm doing now, waiting on somebody to call or walk in. I hope they'll see things my way.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.