Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

'oil leak' is the phrase that comes to mind.
Yeah well you know me....I just gotta see how complicated I can make my life.

Even the rear sump pans dont look " rear enough" to fit a stock k member to me. One things for sure..if I can't use the rear sump pan with my stock kmember, I'll build something that does. I'm not changing to a drag race kmember.

Looking through a few threads about 2jz engines that pan doesn't look too complicated to fab in steel. I wonder how much strength that aluminum upper pan adds to the block ?

I though they had the crank journals made into that upper pan....like a bunch of newer engines. Guess it's good that it isn't.

well...Hell.

The water lines are fixed. I have the car running fairly decent at idle,...I take it out for a test drive.
Put it in auto tune, and cruise around,..particularly trying to stay out of boost while doing so. ( not as easy as it may seem with this combo)

After 20 minutes or so, I turn off the auto tune and start a datalog...( Cause I intend to wail on it.)

It shows me 11.5 psi on the gate just for a brief second but for the most part stays right between 9.9 and 10.4 psi. I obviously have a 10 pound gate spring.
The engine blasts to 6200,...(The moon considering this is a Maverick engine) the tires shred, I have to short shift it again, I stuff it into 3rd, and I can I can smell tire smoke.....I has followed me this far...Hmmm.

I do that a couple of times...The last one, a full 8 seconds of my foot buried on the floor.

I cool out,......drive it back home...shut off the DL, shut off the engine...and Open the hood.
( This is where I'd normally be greeted with an environmental disaster of Exxon Valdeez proportions)
No oil.

I get under the car, because normally ther'd be a significant puddle driping off the bell housing by now...
No oil..

Could I have actually fixed the damn engine now that I have already paid for a freakin replacement?:mad::mad::mad:

AFR showed low 13's, MAT had peaked to 155* during the pull.
Im wondering if my water meth was working?

No pinging,..no weirdness...just fast and loud.

Should I be mad?

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
It is the golf factor. Like, when you're on your 100th shot and saying I will NEVER play this game again. And then you hit your last 2 shots on 18 and look like Tiger Woods. Then, you're thinking, wait, I figured it out. I can shoot 75 next time.

Since the Monster Engine knows you ordered the 2JayZee it's on its best behavior. You refuse the shipment??

It'll look like the BP Deepwater Horizon lives in your garage in less than 10 minutes!.

1567286323324.png

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Mikey, I’ve been painfully busy as of late and just caught up.

I hope this doesn’t sound too silly, but does anyone offer a dry sump 2JZ kit? If you have to blow that much on a pan, maybe a dry sump might be just a little more and give you a few more HP?

I hope this doesn’t sound too silly, but does anyone offer a dry sump 2JZ kit? If you have to blow that much on a pan, maybe a dry sump might be just a little more and give you a few more HP?

They do....I googled 2JayZee oil pan earlier and a dry sump option came right up. Just what's needed for a Fairmont with a Toyota engine that can spin 8500 with 25 lbs of boost!

I was thinking about the impending swap conversion I got coming up, and what'll happen to the monster's engine when that happens..if I'm to sell that thing, it has to be in the car to give any credence to my hp claims to a future buyer. Where would I best be able to advertise that engine ya think?
If I pull that thing w/o a buyer it'll be a permanent fixture in the garage I'm almost certain. I'd have to have another car to put it in ( like some dead engine BMW we'd get in trade that I could buy for a grand)
That might be kinda cool though..an x3 SUV with a monster engine.

It is the golf factor. Like, when you're on your 100th shot and saying I will NEVER play this game again. And then you hit your last 2 shots on 18 and look like Tiger Woods. Then, you're thinking, wait, I figured it out. I can shoot 75 next time.

Since the Monster Engine knows you ordered the 2JayZee it's on its best behavior. You refuse the shipment??

It'll look like the BP Deepwater Horizon lives in your garage in less than 10 minutes!.

1567286323324.png
Nawww,..it’s fixed. The Monster has done nothing but dick with me for the last several months..He knows he can’t just keep being a piece of leaking sht forever and ever..

Not while there’s somebody like me trying to fix it..
Who’s used to having to fix stuff over, and over.
And over.
Till it’s right.
It’s the puke troll. The puke troll is the fix. The engine wasn’t breathing, and it was pressurizing oil out with crankcase pressure. Now that there are (3) 5/8” holes in the top and bottom of the engine feeding the puke troll, there is no trapped pressure.
There is also no oil getting pushed out either, as evidenced by the PT..I have an open -8 fitting at the base of that thing to allow water vapor and wet oil to drain..but when I pull the car in after having beat on it, that also doesn’t drip.

Good job puke troll.

Reactions: 1 users

They do....I googled 2JayZee oil pan earlier and a dry sump option came right up. Just what's needed for a Fairmont with a Toyota engine that can spin 8500 with 25 lbs of boost!
I’m not going through all of that. I will fab a pan out of steel if need be. There is a removable sump on the factory pan ( Can’t see why I need that) There is a windage tray..I will build another.
The factory pan is heavily baffled externally,..I don’t know why that is just yet..whether it’s because it’s aluminum, and for some reason they over built it to add structural integrity to the bottom of the engine..I can do that too.

It’d be great if I could use some version of a factory pan, but after looking at it, it’s a compromise.. Even the rear sump pan doesn’t put the sump where I want it to be...so...I gotta make one.

( and I thought my days of having to build one-off sht was gonna be over)

• Haha
So how much puke is in the troll puke tank after a thorough flogging? I'd have to imagine not much, since a couple of oz of oil spilled on the engine spread out instantly to look like 20 gallons. I mean, if you already have a like half a cup or a pint of oil, there may be some credence to your cylinder sealing issues. But I would be most is oily condensation.

( and I thought my days of having to build one-off sht was gonna be over)

No way. You'll come to find some off the shelf intake or exhaust either isn't doesn't fit the monster or is not visually to your liking and you'll make something.

2 or 3 times.

:stir:

So how much puke is in the troll puke tank after a thorough flogging? I'd have to imagine not much, since a couple of oz of oil spilled on the engine spread out instantly to look like 20 gallons. I mean, if you already have a like half a cup or a pint of oil, there may be some credence to your cylinder sealing issues. But I would be most is oily condensation.

No way. You'll come to find some off the shelf intake or exhaust either isn't doesn't fit the monster or is not visually to your liking and you'll make something.

2 or 3 times.

:stir:
Nope,..not the plan.
Just bought this...seems too good to be true, and I like how it is reinforced...and that it is raw and will take high heat coating because of that.
60A74E6D-CE57-42E8-B44D-7917948A36E5.jpeg

A 304 ss turbo manifold for 300.00? Well see I guess..it’ll be here on the 9th.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Nope,..not the plan.
Just bought this...seems too good to be true, and I like how it is reinforced...and that it is raw and will take high heat coating because of that.
60A74E6D-CE57-42E8-B44D-7917948A36E5.jpeg

A 304 ss turbo manifold for 300.00? Well see I guess..it’ll be here on the 9th.
That’s freaking beautiful Mike!

Well I have a new reference for fast...

My car.

#1 bought himself a 2018 coyote powered mustang.
I left him.
I left him from a 20 mph roll in first..
I left him from a 50 mph roll in 3rd..

But I gotta work on using the shifter. You actually have to hold the trigger to keep it from going into neutral..
Guess what happens when you dont hold it?

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.