Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have to train new programmers at a job I had. It was always funny to see them when they discovered the error in their code was from something simple because that's when I knew they had learned the hard stuff and were looking past the simple stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

It wont idle, it has no acceleration circuit tune, the front end isnt aligned.. I haven't even tried to put the thing in gear yet

It's far from driveable.
Itll start and run...that's about it.

You put a tape measure from the front of the front wheels and the back edge of the front wheels. CLOSE ENOUGH. It starts. Your right foot keeps it running. It will never be perfect if you don't go beat the :poo: out of it first.

It starts on its own. it idles like a stocker..( cause it is).

Once it gets warm though.........weird sht starts happenin.

The tps percentage creeps on its own. Shut the car off, but leave the key on, and you can watch the tps percentage drop..( as in the throttle is closing further than it actually physically can)
That it is losing anything means that something inside the tps isn’t quite right. It is 20 years old after all. So i gotta find, and buy a new one that’ll get here by wednesday.
The bigger issue is that the engine dies.
Every time the cooling fan turns on at 200, the engine will die immediately die. As soon as the electrical system sees the initial spike of current draw from the fan,...... dead.
It doesn’t seem to be RPM related. In other words....it doesn’t matter if you hold the throttle open further at fan turn-on time, cause 2-5 seconds later,....dead. Steve thinks it’s current draw related as opposed to additional engine drag. He has me buying some whiz-bang solid state relay so that he can modulate the signal to the fan.
It also dies when you put it in gear ( Not all disappointing,.....IT GOES INTO GEAR..
The fact that it does this means all is well and good in 4r70 to 2jz adapt-o-trans land). (That may just mean it needs more rpm to offset the additional drag on the engine.)
But just because I love the 3 AMD sooo much, I’ll start thinking about what kinda bad sht it might be, so that he and I can talk about it much later.

The work around to keep the 3 AMD out of my room is simple,...and I have all of the necessary parts in stock to make sure i can make that happen.

In the south,...this is called a “ Dew , and a brew”.
20200522_185829.jpg

Now I know what you're gonna say already, so do yourself a favor, and pipe the phck down..

I'm on a sht beer quest. My goal is to find a shttier beer than Bud light.
I haven't found one yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Back when I drank beer I got Coors from Colorado and loved it, it changed when they started shipping it down here in Florida.
I still drank it though.
Do they still make Red White and Blue? That was the cheapest stuff you could buy. I
Of course most ya'll drink that peach cobbler flavored (or whatever the flavor of the week is) swill.

Lone Star. It's made from the Piss that flows in the Rio Grande. Or if you want to stay with good ole St. Louis AB...Bud Ice Light. Don't even know if they make it still, but in the 90's we bought it and methanol in 55 gallon drums it seems like. Holy :poo: was that horrible beer. Just didn't know it at the time.

I’m gonna start looking at cam and spring prices for next winter’s performance upgrades. Not that i’ll need it until i determine if the power levels i’ll be able to achieve are going to be satisfactory with everything stock. The main reason is the utterly stock idle mannerisms and exhaust noise the engine is capable of. After yesterday’s tuning session with Steve, the engine will literally sit there and whirr along at 550 rpm, making kind of a “Blaaaarrrrrrrr” sounding exhaust note.

I know they have a reputation for the way they sound when they are buzzed up to 7000+ rpm,.......but evidently not at idle.

Right now my engine sounds more like a 2gayzee instead of a 2jz.:fight:

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'm on a sht beer quest. My goal is to find a shttier beer than Bud light.
I haven't found one yet.
Twisted X Brewing IPA. If my choices were between that, Bud Light, and drinking my own piss... I'd give serious thought to the piss before drinking the Bud Light.

Shlitz
Do they still make it?
Why yes sir!
Bud Light and Twisted X are still worse.

Lone Star. It's made from the Piss that flows in the Rio Grande. Or if you want to stay with good ole St. Louis AB...Bud Ice Light. Don't even know if they make it still, but in the 90's we bought it and methanol in 55 gallon drums it seems like. Holy :poo: was that horrible beer. Just didn't know it at the time.
Nah, I'll pay for Lone Star, it's way down there on the list of beers near the bottom, but when I feel like letting my inner white trash redneck side show, it'll do. I only drink Bud Light when it's free and there are no other options.

Now, if you'd said Pearl... well... it's so damned close be being Bud Light bad that it makes you wonder if it's taste and the fact that they canned it down the street from the San Antonio stockyards wasn't a coincidence.

I know you posted it in jest... but for some reason... some really stupid reason... A reason so stupid that even the part of me that's wired wrong and loves Mustang IIs thinks I've lost it. I want this Ranchero.
You're right...
You have lost it.
But,...I'll give you this. You're consistent.
That body style ranchero was by far the worst version that they ever made.

Covet this one, and we'll have a common need to own one.
1971-Ford-Ranchero.jpg

429scj/c6/9" traction loc

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
You're right...
You have lost it.
But,...I'll give you this. You're consistent.
That body style ranchero was by far the worst version that they ever made.

Covet this one, and we'll have a common need to own one.
1971-Ford-Ranchero.jpg

429scj/c6/9" traction loc
No sir, this would be the worst body style they made:

And this would be the worst Mustang:
021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-front-side-view-from-above.jpg

I consistently like the SECOND worst versions of both cars thank you very much! :rlaugh:

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I would gladly take any year Ranchero, but the 72 based on the Torino is pure sex and a bitch to get parts for.
This.

All Rancheros are cool. For some reason I dig the little Falcon-based Rancheros and the big ones based on the "Starsky and Hutch" body style Torino.

I'd even take that ugly '79 I posted with the LTD front end and the hideous stacked rectangular headlights, but it's by far my least favorite.

Back on track though...

This may as well be the old monster engine...NOTHING is locally available for it.
TPS sensor is a week away in every direction, and all over the board price wise.
I tried testing the thing to determine if it was bad, but what little bit of info that was out there proved to unreliable.

So,....I dont know if the thing is fcked up or not.
Dont matter none, I've cut that thing up looking into whether or not I could adapt the thing to let me make the old ford tps I was using on the old monster engine work.

Its doable.

Whether or not itll be reliable remains to be seen

I’m gonna start looking at cam and spring prices for next winter’s performance upgrades. Not that i’ll need it until i determine if the power levels i’ll be able to achieve are going to be satisfactory with everything stock. The main reason is the utterly stock idle mannerisms and exhaust noise the engine is capable of. After yesterday’s tuning session with Steve, the engine will literally sit there and whirr along at 550 rpm, making kind of a “Blaaaarrrrrrrr” sounding exhaust note.

I know they have a reputation for the way they sound when they are buzzed up to 7000+ rpm,.......but evidently not at idle.

Right now my engine sounds more like a 2gayzee instead of a 2jz.:fight:
GSC for cams .

Status
Not open for further replies.