Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Look, here’s my take on the way I interact with everybody here.

#1. I’ve been here for 6 years now. I assume people that pay attention to what I say know when I’m messing with them.
#2.That said, people who don’t, can take me the wrong way regardless of whether I’m talking to them, or another person altogether.
#3. At the same time, and despite points 1,and 2,...I’ll cop to being a prick every now and then. ( Let’s just say that my standards for internet etiquette do not tolerate illiteracy, or people that make unfounded claims as fact because “ It did, or didn’t work for them”) ( it’s one thing to offer opinion, but to say something like “I’ve installed flow master 40’s on my car, and they’re not that loud”)
It Begs to be challenged. ( And who am I to ignore a challenge?)
#4. There are words I don't like....I'll admit it. Chick, chunk, prolly, Awesome, stoked, tranny, and dizzy, are just a few. "Dressing a weld" is a whole bunch of words I hate. It sounds like " "stuffing a turkey". I hate that one too.
#5. When I use a word I hate , you can automatically chalk it up to " I'm expecting you to come out of the wood work, and bite my ass for using it"......it's like Dean says.....I'm doing a roll call...........I'm checking out who's paying attention.

So I owe you.......Thank you for paying attention.
  1. I can usually tell, but it's very subtle.
  2. I've been guilty of that a time or two or ten.
  3. I can totally understand an unwillingness to suffer fools, especially on the internet. That's why I usually don't contribute to technical discussions.
  4. Kids these days.
  5. You're welcome.

I pay attention
Well, most of the time
Ok, hardly ever
but only because I'm broke try'n to build a garage big enough to hold someone's fishing gear!
And what a place it will be when done.

Provided all of the " Bad, lawless, muderers, rapists, and drug addicts" from the "invading mob caravan" don't find your recently covered up tunnel and just move into the thing when they get here in a couple of months...

And what a place it will be when done.

Provided all of the " Bad, lawless, muderers, rapists, and drug addicts" from the "invading mob caravan" don't find your recently covered up tunnel and just move into the thing when they get here in a couple of months...
Crap, I guess I need to rent more gaters!

I met a chick once. She had a nice chunk back der. Thought she prolly had a fake one, but I'd " stuff that turkey". Did a giblet check... she wasn't no tranny. Her lazy eye and crooked teeth made me dizzy... is like " dressing a weld ", once ya put a grindin' to it the ugliness of it seems to just go away....

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users
I met a chick once. She had a nice chunk back der. Thought she prolly had a fake one, but I'd " stuff that turkey". Did a giblet check... she wasn't no tranny. Her lazy eye and crooked teeth made me dizzy... is like " dressing a weld ", once ya put a grindin' to it the ugliness of it seems to just go away....
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Reactions: 1 user

This
Is
So
Freaking
Awesome
I just had to requote!

:rabble:

The last piece that stood in the way of me restarting the engine arrived today...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I think the Chinee have upped their QC game markedly.

The thing looks really nice,...exactly the same as the one it's gonna replace.Although I don't remember what I paid for the original, it seems that this one is about the same ( 39.00)
When compared to domestic brands, there are versions of this thing selling for over 300.00 out there..

I was invited to review my Chinee turbo on Amazon..I gave it 5 stars. There is over 1500 miles on ol dude now, and I'm completely satisfied with it. Again compared to the 800.00 BW unit that I used to have on there, with the commensurate dual Wastegate's that it required, this thing is way less than 1/3 RD that price as a combo. It is just as quick to spool,..( learned that the 6+6 impeller blades in the compressor may have something to do with that). It is way louder in boost than the last unit, again because of the impeller.
So color me happy with my most recent purchase from the land of crouching tigers and hiding dragons.

Now that the oil cooler is here, I'm gonna hook it up, and prime the oiling system with a gauge hooked up so I can adjust pressure. This time around, there's a 10/30 syn back in place of the 10/40 syn that I ran last time. That alone should drop the oil pressure, but I gotta get it to where it is more in line w/65 psi max instead of the over 100 psi it was doing.

If........if I can spend some time on it on Sunday, and if I don't get dicked around by some stroker pretending to buy a car on Monday..I should be able to start it again.

Radiation Therapy!

therapy, therapy. Advertising causes. Need therapy, therapy. Advertising causes. Need.....

Quote....Chic 'N' Stu from System of a Down.
I finally figured it out...Why nobody understands your answers half the time.

You're a 48 year old man that listens to, ( and can quote lyrics) of bands like System of a Down.

That stuff will rot your brain!

• Agree
After the head banging, then the spinal Serj-ery.

Its okay to Binge and Purge....you kick in the clutch after sustained loss of traction....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11421097

"While Tankian is now a proud New Zealand resident he's not the only prominent star to have fallen in love with New Zealand. This week, Eagles' guitarist Joe Walsh returned to Hawke's Bay, the scene of a 1989 life-changing "epiphany" which he credits with helping him quit booze and drugs. "

After the head banging, then the spinal Serj-ery.

Its okay to Binge and Purge....you kick in the clutch after sustained loss of traction....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11421097

"While Tankian is now a proud New Zealand resident he's not the only prominent star to have fallen in love with New Zealand. This week, Eagles' guitarist Joe Walsh returned to Hawke's Bay, the scene of a 1989 life-changing "epiphany" which he credits with helping him quit booze and drugs. "
Dean I'm quite sure if I saw New Zealand in person I'd wanna move there too. Spain is currently on the " sell out and bug out" list of contenders, as is Ireland, but neither of them are car guy friendly places.

I had a friend from NZ and he was great to talk to and kind hearted, not in a hurry unless he was driving. If he is an example for the folks down there I'd go in a heartbeat but I can't be stuck in a plane with even one idiot for the length of time it would take to get there.
And yes, they are very car friendly. I still have a copy of Petrol that I keep stashed in my collection.

I tell ya.

A buncha things will have to happen or It'll take me forever to get the car done this time around. Seems that Sunday's are the only day that I'm gonna be able to count on as an "off" day. It never fails, Monday ( also supposed to be a day off) always seems to get corrupted. Now, I've managed to get roped in to taking a TV off of a wall in a old customer house, then I've gotta go into work, and deliver a car to a customer that bought yesterday.

Today I kinda keep open for "her". I do have these few hours in the AM before she's up and around, but I'm too Crotchedy feeling at 7 am to wanna go downstairs and lay under a car. ( anymore)
The upstairs garage door opener decided to take a sht last night and stopped working. It just whirs up there.
I don't have to fix that..we have a HO warranty that will, but it'll still cost 75.00 for the service call. And that means I'll have manually open and close that btch until they get a guy out here, and even after all of that, it may boil down to paying 75 bucks to find out that a set screw is loose on the shaft that spins the drive gear. ( if there is a set screw)

I've gotta drain the stupid pool filtration junk so water won't freeze in the pump and filter..,that means I remove two whole drain plugs, and walk away. Almost the same as not having to work on it.

Lights are out, towel rods are loose, showers dripping,...blah-blah-blah.

Even if nothing needed doing there's still the fact that I get to hang out with this hottie...who at 55, is still damn good looking.
( and that's not just my desperate old assed standard for women who find me attractive talking here..people wonder all of the time what I did to deserve her)

But that's just me being thankful in the month to give thanks.

It's also the month I was born in, and that great day looms ahead. Again, she asks what I want for my birthday.....:cautious:

"Wheels baby,....I want wheels".

"How much are they" she asks...."Oh nooo, not "they", it " I reply.
"What the hell does that mean?" she asks.

"You can only afford one" I said, " they're stupid expensive".

"What exactly does "stupid expensive" mean" she asks..

"400 bucks?" I test.

"You're right, Only you're the stupid part if you think I'm buying one wheel that cost 400.00, matter of fact, you're stupid for even suggesting anything that cost 400 for your birthday."

:dammit:

But they're gonna happen one way or the other...it's a Monster Mandate.
are-vn500510xx_xl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
That freakin oil cooler ain't leakin...

I took the cooler shroud down and removed both coolers. I rigged up a contraption that would allow me to pressurize the stinkin thing to see it leak.

It doesn't.

Even when applying 70 psi.

So I'm gonna clean it up and reinstall it. I flushed it out already, it's just a matter of what I want to do with the shroud.
It's showing some age. The front leading edge has a pretty significant paint chip that runs about 2" ( must've been a jack handle)

Since it's my plan to paint the front splitter orange, I'm wondering if I should just clean this thing up, scuff it, and shoot it at the same time. The only problem I have with that plan is that the thing was bathed in oil.

I have oil pressure again. I put that old oil cooler back in line after cleaning and painting it and left it hangin. Put my cordless 18v on the oil pump and held the trigger. At the rpm that the drill turns the pump ( whatever the hell that is ) it shows me 65 psi cold.
Oil googes out of the rockers...I'm done.
Priming the engine.

I started building the brackets that will allow me to put the center of my upper radiator saddle back in place...it's purpose is to hold the the missing piece, and I'm hoping that I haven't removed any structural integrity between the two strut towers, ( which I don't think I have) but just in case.

I'll consider building a strut tower brace.

I've decided to buy the wheels myself, I'm ordering them tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.