Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched a vid tonight - power by the hour who is in the coyote world as most know , developed a 6r80 swap setup for the Supra guys . The dude who’s car they did is loving it . I’m thinking this is going to be a main stream thing sooner then later .

• Sponsors (?)

That's amazing and good news, man. That intake looks like it'll look right at home. We have a supplier that has all the JDM stuff right here in Northern VA. ( don't know if that's who you used ).

Can't wait to see that set up come together. We might see a couple more 2jz swapped cars in here.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d say it’s around your normal amount of subtle lol. The question is-what set you off this time? (And I’m fully aware that the Clooney Tequila was involved :kmcoff:.)
Nope...went to dinner, had three whiskeys..
A friend of a friend decided to buy me some wussy shot. ( I had to drink it). I had to return the favor, I bought him a less wussy shot..( I had to drink it).
Now,.......I'm not sure, but I believe it was the shots. :shrug:

When I got home,..I shoulda went to bed.

• Haha
I got my shipping notice yesterday. My engine is in route.
image.jpeg

Look at the menagerie of stuff. I hope I can figure out all of this techno-sht.
The engine appears clean to me considering its age.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Been doin a fair amount of reading&watching YouTube vids. I'm super excited to get it here and start tearing the thing apart. I've decided to remove the head,..I may have the head worked. Either way, It's much easier to change the springs with the head off.
The oil pan is a big problem though...it's a fairly complex two piece thing with a built in windage tray, and an electric oil level sender. It's coming to me as a front sump, and we all know that that ain't gonna work. Converting the thing to a rear sump won't be easy either, and although there are already rear sump pans out there from the factory....used ones on eBay are 500-750.00
:eek:
I'm hoping I don't get bit by the full kill bug now that I have an engine that can make stupid power..the plan is to practice what I preach, with 500whp on 12 psi being the goal.
Engine should be here one week from today. Now if I can just sneak that bitch into the garage w/o her knowing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
May be worth buying the factory pan to save the time and possible phucking up. Time is money they say, and no offense, but the factory engineering seems pretty good on that thing.

Good luck keeping it hidden. That’s a battle I fight on every purchase, lol.

I'd vote for sourcing a rear sump pan instead of fabbing one. It would save a lot of time and brain space.... it's also the same as the 1jz and can be found in other vehicles at the local bone yard. I think the Lexus 1jz is rear sump.

I'd vote for sourcing a rear sump pan instead of fabbing one. It would save a lot of time and brain space.... it's also the same as the 1jz and can be found in other vehicles at the local bone yard. I think the Lexus 1jz is rear sump.
Finding a usdm 1jz Lexus IS not going to happen . They were all 7mge or gte until the 2j hit the states to my knowledge . I’m not sure if older Lexus gs300 or the sc300 with the ge motor were front or rear sump .

I have some friends I am
Going to talk to at yellowbullet tomorrow to see if anyone has something laying around

Yeah the pan is gonna hurt. It’s listed on eBay used for in the middle 500’s...and when you look at the pan....err.... “complicated”
Isn’t enough to describe how complex the design is. The guy at crower said that there are some guys plating the existing front sump area, and relocating the rear sump themselves......but that looks like a whole can of worms to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.