Status
Not open for further replies.
The tail lights I like.

Only problem is people following you saying I have you now, skywalker....

mi6computergames.jpg

As for the rest, yeah, It's all Politically Inept, isn't it?

polliticallyinept.jpg

It's the 5ame 5ame sh1+ dead flowers

I'll give you a daisy, a daisy.... even if they are dead.

But sometimes its better to hang out between the biggest parakeets in town.

That's why I like it here....
:scratch: You lost me after "the tail lights I like".

You and Noobz, Dean.......

The replies that come out of both of are the most consistent causes for me to say:

Whaaaaaaaaa?:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I've been reading up on the burst, and constant supply pressures that PVC, and CPVC can withstand. From what I'm reading, it's not excessive pressure that you have to worry about if you decided to plumb your compressor air line system system with it.
It's temperature related. As the temp drops below a certain degree, the stuff becomes way less flexible, even brittle as the temps drop more.

I don't think I'll have that problem. The garage gets the benefit of being part of the heated/cooled basement, ( As long as that heat pump thing is on, which it always is.) The old garage wasn't heated, and it had a non-insulated door. It would get pretty damn cold down there on a 20-30 degree day..the PVC line system down there failed a couple of times IIRC, one time as a result of not isolating the compressor vibration from the rigid line system. The other time I can't recall exactly, but I think it was at a joint.

I know that I'll have to go to HF and get a good filter drier ( if there is such a thing from HF), and to HD to get the CPVC stuff I'll need including some sort of flexible hose that can handle 200 psi to connect the compressor to the rigid line system. But I also know that that ain't happening on Sunday..Kate's back, and she's been out of town since last Sunday. If I do anything it'll be with her.

Reactions: 1 users
:scratch: You lost me after "the tail lights I like".

You and Noobz, Dean.......

The replies that come out of both of are the most consistent causes for me to say:

Whaaaaaaaaa?:shrug:

Well, last time I looked those Maverick tail lights had both a graticule and a central target area. In Starwars 1976, I guess old Darth's starfighter sequence where he tries to nab Skywalker, was George Lucas'inspiration from WW2 movies about dogfights, where pilots actually did adjust their gyro-based targeting computer.

targeting_computer_in_blog_1.gif

Y0ZO7.png

Not sure why but saw this beast and it reminded me of your set ups.
F7580999-3BED-4AFF-8AE8-6C0EB7AD2B9D.jpeg
I've always liked this car. its little more than a Fairmont with a baby Ltd front end grafted on. It's not easy, and his stock taillights are beautiful..( he has glued mirror tiles inside the housings, (the lights twinkle))
I don't know what he's done inside, I've never seen it.

I've always liked this car. its little more than a Fairmont with a baby Ltd front end grafted on. It's not easy, and his stock taillights are beautiful..( he has glued mirror tiles inside the housings, (the lights twinkle))
I don't know what he's done inside, I've never seen it.

Eh, clean stock four eye Mustang interior with a cage.
A142E1C2-F28C-4C70-AEAC-6EEF8BEC5096.jpeg

• Loved It!
Well add another 300.00 to the compressor purchase for lines and related stuff, and you have a complete system.

Something must be up with CPVC, because Home Depot stocked nothing in the way of fittings to use that stuff. I ended up going with standard ol' schedule 40 PVC. I bought (3) 10' sticks, and a buttload of fittings. Then, I went to HF, and bought their regulator/filter, and a combo filter dryer.
It is my intention to not run the air through the filter dryer all of the time, so I'm gonna split the air supply into two different paths, and use shut off valves to divert it one way or the other. 99% of the time, I'll just run the air through the regulator/ filter, and whenever I'm painting something, I'll route the air through the extra filter/dryer thingy.

Now I know that that seems like a lot of bullsht to go through just for the 1 percent of the time I may be painting something, and if I didn't have a paint project looming on the horizon, I wouldn't have gone through the extra money and headache to do this....
But I DO have a paint project looming ahead...and it only added 100 bucks to the project,.....So what the hell,...May as well do it...
Right?

The part where I can't wait to show is the "contraption" that is the air line manifold...35' of air line " boxed" into a 4'x3' space.
The line runs over and back a couple of times, and up and down a couple of times after that..with intersecting drain taps, all running into the traffic cop that routes the air this way and that,.......The freakin thing looks like a Dr. Suess musical instrument that any self respecting Who, living in Whoville would be proud to own...I believe that I've created a Rink dinky flu- fluter.

how-the-grinch-stole-christmas_1.jpg

I've switched days off from Monday to Tuesday. I ran out of junk to finish the RDFF, so I'll have to postpone that particular picture till tomorrow.

• Haha
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 5 users
Well the Rink Dinky Floo Flooter is complete. 4 trips and about 360.00 later.
20190305_151714.jpg

I'm in the process of breaking in the compressor as I write this...the thing has to run open for 20 minutes without being allowed to build any air pressure as per the instructions.
I have no idea as of yet if the RDFF will hold pressure..I'm kinda thinking I'll give it a few hours before I subject the thing to any pressure test though.
20190305_151725.jpg

Air comes into the main regulator/filter from the left. The first shut off diverts the air around the second filter/dryer, the second ones prevents air from back pressuring the thing. That way I can run things like a DA, or die grinder without contaminating the dryer with excessive moisture. When I want to paint junk, I'll just open the valves and allow air to pass through..( at least I thought, I just realized that I needed a 3rd shutoff to keep the air from going around the dryer)
Oh well,...back to lowes I guess.

Went to HD..bought what I thought would be needed to splice in the 3rd shut off valve. I get it home,...put it all together,and it's now too long to fit in the space I have.

Now I gotta go back,and another 1.5" to the output of the dryer so it'll fit.

BACK TO LOWES I GO!!!

Went to HD..bought what I thought would be needed to splice in the 3rd shut off valve. I get it home,...put it all together,and it's now too long to fit in the space I have.

Now I gotta go back,and another 1.5" to the output of the dryer so it'll fit.

BACK TO LOWES I GO!!!
Do it twice, do it thrice. Path of least resistance notwithstanding, the system looks pretty good.

All you had to do was move the valve from between the dryers to the vertical section for the straight air, the other valve would have prevented air passing through the two other dryers. Minor adjustment of some pvc and done.
i think
Yup, I definitely think
likely not often enough and I am not well equipped

NOW Its fixed.
20190306_075210.jpg

I had to put it where it is. I could not replace the vertical brass as it is a set length. Adding the valve, and two short nipples would've been longer, but more importantly, the shut off handle wouldve hit, or interfered with the regulator.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.