Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Could have chosen all 3 and did engine swaps at your desire for alittle over 10K.
Meh,..The Coyote woulda forced a different transmission as would the LS, and both would probably had higher miles than what I “ supposedly“ got in the 2j. And both would’ve required that they be made to fit. The windsor would’ve fit, the trans would’ve bolted up,...the converter would’ve worked..there wouldn’t have been one single thing that I couldn’t buy to make everything bolt right in..

Leaving more than enough to buy the 357 magnum...

So I could shoot myself in the face.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Meh,..The Coyote woulda forced a different transmission as would the LS, and both would probably had higher miles than what I “ supposedly“ got in the 2j. And both would’ve required that they be made to fit. The windsor would’ve fit, the trans would’ve bolted up,...the converter would’ve worked..there wouldn’t have been one single thing that I couldn’t buy to make everything bolt right in..
including the 357 magnum...

You could have done that, and I would have come bought the car from Kate and kept it doing burnouts in your honor, rather than sitting on jack stands in your presence.

Leaving more than enough to buy the 357 magnum...

At this point, a Coyote or an LS don't have to be "made" to fit any fox chassis. They've been done a lot and there are kits for both. You could've used a 4R70W with a Coyote as well.

Hell why wait? You can buy it today. Bring a trailer. Then Ill send all of the 4l80e stuff back.
How much? ElSuperPinto's Coyote-swap stuff deserves a better home anyway.

At this point, a Coyote or an LS don't have to be "made" to fit any fox chassis. They've been done a lot and there are kits for both. You could've used a 4R70W with a Coyote as well.

How much? ElSuperPinto's Coyote-swap stuff deserves a better home anyway.
I'm only messing with him..Im not ready to sell it, unless somebody just blows my socks off.

It's here..
20200805_132033.jpg

That is one heavy sonofabitch. I'll bet its almost 200 pounds empty, w/o a converter
The input shaft is huge, the output shaft is huge...
But it don't look like a 45k mile trans..there is all kinds of evidence that this dude got a quick pressure wash, with the converter in place. Grease is hiding in all of the nookz/crannies, and when you pull the converter it looks like the front pump was leaking.
There is a Monster trans video out there where they disassemble the entire trans in about 5 minutes, leaving all of the subassemblies together. I wonder just for the sake of inspection, if I should do that. According to the video, there are tell tales that the trans has wear/neglect, or got hot
Just by looking at those parts.

Reactions: 3 users
It's here..
20200805_132033.jpg

That is one heavy sonofabitch. I'll bet its almost 200 pounds empty, w/o a converter
But it don't look like a 45k mile trans..there is all kinds of evidence that this dude got a quick pressure wash, with the converter in place. Grease is hiding in all of the nookz/crannies, and when you pull the converter it looks like the front pump was leaking.
There is a Monster trans video out there where they disassemble the entire trans in about 5 minutes, leaving all of the subassemblies together. I wonder just for the sake of inspection, if I should do that. According to the video, there are tell tales that the trans has wear/neglect, or got hot
You can trust Monster transmission about as far as you can throw that 4L80.

It's here..

I remember what happened last time when you opened up Jayzee just to check some stuff....

Reactions: 1 user
It's here..
20200805_132033.jpg

I don’t know why you wouldn’t. You’re surely capable, it’s out of the car, and if there are easy to see signs of trouble it’s obviously best to fix it now.

I remember what happened last time when you opened up Jayzee just to check some stuff....
The trans has to come partially apart to modify the vb for the manual shift. As part of that process, I'm also supposed to remove the front pump, and modify a fluid passage, and upgrade springs in one of the sprags...I mean, the front of the thing will be open anyway.

This means you're going to rebuild the whole thing. You'll find a reason for sure. Any sign of any wear ( no matter how little ) will have you ordering more parts and digging in it. I can't blame you. If I had the time and moolah I'd do it too. Better to be safe than sorry.

I actually think about this with my engine every time I fire it up. This is the only engine I've ever had that I didn't put completely together my self. Seeing the poor workmanship with the intake gaskets it really makes me think. If I had the time and money I'd have a Dart block at my door.

Piddlin...
I've kinda de-greased most of the chunkier grease spots..
20200805_165450.jpg

Judging by the rust on the brackets, I'm saying this trans lived its life in the north.
By the time I got done with that, the converter arrived..Antiballoon plates front and back.
20200805_170959.jpg

Rated to 3000+stall behind my engine..Time will soon tell.
But that time won't happen till next Thursday.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
This means you're going to rebuild the whole thing. You'll find a reason for sure. Any sign of any wear ( no matter how little ) will have you ordering more parts and digging in it. I can't blame you. If I had the time and moolah I'd do it too. Better to be safe than sorry.

I actually think about this with my engine every time I fire it up. This is the only engine I've ever had that I didn't put completely together my self. Seeing the poor workmanship with the intake gaskets it really makes me think. If I had the time and money I'd have a Dart block at my door.
To me, its too much of a pain in the ass to do anything over because I didn't do it the first time.
NOT to be confused with having to do sht over because I "did" it the first time...wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.