Progress Thread 1986 GT 5.0 Mustang Restoration/Bringing my dad's old car back to life

Kyle427

Apr 23, 2021
Goleta, USA
Well, I now need to change my front door lock after YouTubing lock bumping... Just kidding, but those things are wild and I might have to look further into it. Would it work on my 85? Would sure save me a lot of time right now.

I don't think that my dachshund is capable of hearing anyone under the covers since the little sob takes half the bed, usually have to boot him back to the ground where his bed is.

Bandit.jpg

• Clever
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors(?)

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
9E9368D2-0FB9-49A1-8B30-F4D0C7749AD5.jpeg

Just pray he doesn’t breathe on you, or you’re in the same room when he rips one.
* Edit he looks like he’s built in Frankenstein’t dog laboratory..Lower in front than in the rear..made with two different dogs.

• Love
  • Drool

Kyle427

Apr 23, 2021
Goleta, USA
What's up, I know, I know, I need to be more active. Trust me, daily pictures and updates are coming soon with summer. School is getting the best of me and my time right now with finals and projects as the year is ending in two weeks to the day. I have been taking brackets off, cleaning, bead blasting, and painting. I got keys! The guy who lost the keys while bringing the car down got a locksmith friend to come and check it out. He got some master keys that worked and now the steering wheel is free:lock::banana:. Going to steam clean the whole car now that I can steer it, also gonna get a fuel filter, line, and a new carb. Gonna do a smog pump delete as the thing isn't and wasn't even hooked up. I have no clue as to why so I will find out later.

Reactions: 1 user

Kyle427

Apr 23, 2021
Goleta, USA
Why thank you, I want to get it running around the beginning of summer. It may not look nice but once it runs good I will have a little sleeper action.

Reactions: 1 users

Kyle427

Apr 23, 2021
Goleta, USA
Well guys, I am super close to getting this hog runnin, got a Holley street warrior 600 carb, new brake booster, and a master cylinder, my dad's friend rebuilt the alternator and the thing looks brand new. I got the new water pump on, also painted brackets, fan, pulleys, and more. It was a pain getting the new carburetor gasket but finally got one, going to paint my AC pump later and brake booster then put those on tomorrow after a car show. No place actually had the suspension kit in stock and would have had to wait till December for jegs to ship it, but luckily found a site with 3 left and snagged one. Hoping that it comes next week or so, I also got the new fuel lines on, with a new fuel filter, cleaned the gas tank properly, but the sending unit is dust, It was packed full of good ol hard gasoline and dirt. I have new slave cylinders and calipers for the brakes, along with new suspension bushings. I think she's comin together nicely..

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
9E9368D2-0FB9-49A1-8B30-F4D0C7749AD5.jpeg

Just pray he doesn’t breathe on you, or you’re in the same room when he rips one.
* Edit he looks like he’s built in Frankenstein’t dog laboratory..Lower in front than in the rear..made with two different dogs.
Is that a Mastiff/yellow lab cross? And does it have a mixed breed name like a Labradoodle does?

Potomus Pete

Gretchen Whitmer is eating at me
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
Well guys, I am super close to getting this hog runnin, got a Holley street warrior 600 carb, new brake booster, and a master cylinder, my dad's friend rebuilt the alternator and the thing looks brand new. I got the new water pump on, also painted brackets, fan, pulleys, and more. It was a pain getting the new carburetor gasket but finally got one, going to paint my AC pump later and brake booster then put those on tomorrow after a car show. No place actually had the suspension kit in stock and would have had to wait till December for jegs to ship it, but luckily found a site with 3 left and snagged one. Hoping that it comes next week or so, I also got the new fuel lines on, with a new fuel filter, cleaned the gas tank properly, but the sending unit is dust, It was packed full of good ol hard gasoline and dirt. I have new slave cylinders and calipers for the brakes, along with new suspension bushings. I think she's comin together nicely..
I'm so exited to hear your story, but no pictures. Man, I want to see painted brackets WTF

Kyle427

Apr 23, 2021
Goleta, USA
20210626_104140.jpg
I want this blue on the stang, here is an old picture I need to get a updated one later, I got more stuff back on the car and I am painting a clear on the water pump.
20210605_193712.jpg

Reactions: 1 user