SOLD 1989 Lx 5.0 Hatchback F/s - Near Salisbury, Md - Price Dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Explosion and fire??? There has to be a story there. It sucks you lost yours. Contact me whenever if you want to come check out the car.
Yeah..I've had the car for 10 years and never once had a problem working on it or fixing it. I take it to a "certified emissions" mechanic one time to get it thru inspection, and they supposedly did some timing work, "cleaned and serviced fuel injectors". Well they did none of the sort, cuz 5 months later I find a massive fuel leak on my #8 injector..so bad it was like turning on the kitchen faucet. So Just last Saturday I took it all apart, and the O ring on that injector was completely split. They hadn't touched ANY of the injectors or "cleaned and serviced" them, but they damn sure billed me for it. So I was on my way to my cousins Sunday night for "Game of Thrones", car was running great. Get 5 mins away from his house, and a very loud backfire explosion under the right front of the car and POOF, fire. Car burnt to the ground.

Yeah..I've had the car for 10 years and never once had a problem working on it or fixing it. I take it to a "certified emissions" mechanic one time to get it thru inspection, and they supposedly did some timing work, "cleaned and serviced fuel injectors". Well they did none of the sort, cuz 5 months later I find a massive fuel leak on my #8 injector..so bad it was like turning on the kitchen faucet. So Just last Saturday I took it all apart, and the O ring on that injector was completely split. They hadn't touched ANY of the injectors or "cleaned and serviced" them, but they damn sure billed me for it. So I was on my way to my cousins Sunday night for "Game of Thrones", car was running great. Get 5 mins away from his house, and a very loud backfire explosion under the right front of the car and POOF, fire. Car burnt to the ground.

What's your recourse with these monkeys? Any at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.