Wheels-Tires 1995 GT: Had Cobra Style rims, What kind of lug nuts would I use for this style of Wheel?

Mustang GT Wheel.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I have been all over the internet, including those 2 sites. I can find the Wheels, no problem, but most sites state " Wheel Caps & Wheel Nuts sold separately, but give no information on the Caps or the Lug Nuts. I currently have the Cobra Style 5 Spoke rims & lug nuts. Hoping some one had this style of Wheel and could give me an idea of what Wheel Nuts are used. I have the Wheels & the Caps, just no info on Lug Nuts.

Acorn style. I think 1.5" lenght? Youwant them on the tall size to properly display in the center cap. Flush with the edge of the rim would be ideal. Mine are a little shorter than that so i probably should have gone 2 or 2.5"

1/2-20 thread, 3/4" socket size

I think I got there off eBay. Nothing special. I can take better pic tonight as this is just a zoomed in and cropped cell phone pic

IMG_2560.jpg

Last edited:
Acorn style. I think 1.5" lenght? Youwant them on the tall size to properly display in the center cap. Flush with the edge of the rim would be ideal. Mine are a little shorter than that so i probably should have gone 2 or 2.5"

1/2-20 thread, 3/4" socket size

I think I got there off eBay. Nothing special. I can take better pic tonight as this is just a zoomed in and cropped cell phone pic

View attachment 620037

Thread is right but all I’ve had for sn’s are 13/16 socket

Although they all came from Ford with 13/16" lug nuts, 3/4" are better for avoiding damage to wheels. Much more room in the wheels to get a socket in there. It's not really an issue with the wheels the OP has, but it helps when you have something like the Saleen replicas I have on my Cobra.

Thanks all, I ended up using Dorman 611-154 Wheel nuts as I have solid center caps (With Pony Logo's) where the Lugnuts don't show. Will try to post a picture of what the Wheels & Center caps look like, but this is not one of my wheels. Again, thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• Mustang Chrome Rims.jpg
    Mustang Chrome Rims.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 149