1995 gt i am thinking of buying...$5500

My 96 gt convertible got stolen last weekend :notnice: ..
so i am thinking of buying this other one i found, however, me being a single, fairly typical female, i have no idea what alot of the stuff in the ad below REALLY means.
i drove the car, i, i like it alot!
(i attached a pic to this, dont know if i did it right or not though.)
here is the ad im talking about:
1995 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT. First $5500 takes it home.
BOSS REAR WING, SALEEN STICKER KIT, NEW 18" SALEEN RIMS, NEW FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS, NEW FULL POSI 3.73 REAREND, PIONEER CD SYSTEM, TINTED WINDOWS, CLEAR FRONT LENSES, RACE PEDALS, B&M SHORT THROW SHIFTER, KING COBRA CLUTCH KIT, EIBACH SPRINGS, 3 CHAMBER FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS WITH HIGH FLOW H-PIPE

the only problem i see is that the ac does not blow cold air, does this mean that it may not even have one? maybe they removed it to add some of this stuff listed in the ad above? where would i even look for the ac unit itself under the hood?

Attachments

• C9kEuUWnrVaVnNVu13JBFHVVTNiz.jpg
    C9kEuUWnrVaVnNVu13JBFHVVTNiz.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Sponsors (?)

If you're concerned about the mechanical condition, I would suggest asking the seller if you can bring it to a mechanic that you trust or a friend that is more knowledgeable to go over it.

How many miles are on the car?

If you end up getting it, I'd suggest going to the 5.0 tech and 94-95 tech sections of the Stangnet forums if you want to learn more about the workings of the car and how to solve problems.

-Matt

Its a great looking car. You should definitely go for it, I know the air conditioning can be a pain, but maybe you can go ask a mechanic about it and see if you can get it fixed for the right price. Good Luck with it. Hope you get it.

Umby said:
I agree... nice car, but not $5500 nice... especially with non-working A/C

so all this other stuff really makes no difference to the value of the car?
"BOSS REAR WING, SALEEN STICKER KIT, NEW 18" SALEEN RIMS, NEW FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS, NEW FULL POSI 3.73 REAREND, PIONEER CD SYSTEM, TINTED WINDOWS, CLEAR FRONT LENSES, RACE PEDALS, B&M SHORT THROW SHIFTER, KING COBRA CLUTCH KIT, EIBACH SPRINGS, 3 CHAMBER FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS WITH HIGH FLOW H-PIPE."

i dont know about when your buying from a private seller, but i know that when it comes to dealers mods usually make no difference at all. AC probably just needs recharged. Its a very nice looking car though. I would def. start low, if she wants to get rid of it, she'll take the best offer.

little_kimmy said:
so all this other stuff really makes no difference to the value of the car?
"BOSS REAR WING, SALEEN STICKER KIT, NEW 18" SALEEN RIMS, NEW FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS, NEW FULL POSI 3.73 REAREND, PIONEER CD SYSTEM, TINTED WINDOWS, CLEAR FRONT LENSES, RACE PEDALS, B&M SHORT THROW SHIFTER, KING COBRA CLUTCH KIT, EIBACH SPRINGS, 3 CHAMBER FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS WITH HIGH FLOW H-PIPE."
eh... not really. although it does have a great clutch, shifter, gears, and exhaust :nice:

About the only thing that would have the slightest bit of impact on the price might be the rims, but those are quickly offset by the mileage and the A/C. Start low on the price and if she wants to sell it she will, if not, there are plenty of fish in the sea :nice:

I think the car looks damn nice and i dont really think that price is too high, its a good starting point from the sellers point of view. They are probably looking for ~4500 and hoping to get a little more. My guess is the A/C just needs to be charged. I'd have a mechanic look it over first though.

It looked like the one Paul had for sale from elk grove mustangs.
If that's the same car the air will just need to be recharged.
He had to disconnect it to replace the parts he had on there.

That car looks really good. Miles are a bit high to be asking 5500 IMO, but I'm sure they're looking for around 4500 for it, which would be a good deal. If it drives, shifts good, I would definatly go for it. See you around town. :flag: