SOLD 1996 Mustang Gt Convertible Pi Swapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFord96

Mar 21, 2011
Asking $3000 obo. Car is located in Greenville/Anderson area of South Carolina.

For sale is my 1996 Mustang GT convertible. It has been a fantastic car for me and been in the family since 1997. I have full service records and receipts dating back to the original owner. This car has never let me down and has been babied by all three of its owners. I'm selling because I just bought a new car and don't need two, so the mileage won't be going up by much. This car was a daily driver for all of its owners until now. The car is Laser Red Metallic Clearcoat (paint code E-9) with a leather saddle interior and the 4.6L SOHC engine with 5-speed manual transmission.

Modifications include:

-Full PI swap: Ford Racing cylinder heads/cams/intake (Romeo design) comparable to a 2001-2004 Mustang GT. Done by myself in 2012 and car has about 30,000 miles on it since the work was done. I've run nothing but premium grade fuel in the car since the swap, due to the increased compression.
-Ford Racing "B" Springs
-KYB shocks & struts
-Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates
-OEM Ford "Bullitt" wheels 17x8
-Electron Top convertible top (Replaced in 2011 by the Bucket Stitch in Greenville, SC)
-MGW short throw shifter
-"Bullitt" style pedals
-Depo Cobra replica headlights and fog lights
-Cobra bumper (Painted by Fairway Ford in Greenville, SC)
-Flowmaster Super 44 weld-in mufflers (Installed by Brown's Muffler in Greenville, SC)
-Kaenen S-281 ducktail spoiler (Painted by Fairway Ford in Greenville, SC)
-Cobra style white face gauges
-Billet 1" wheel spacers in rear
-9" Shorty antenna

This car has plenty of power and sounds awesome. EVERYTHING works, except for the driver's and passenger's lights in the sun visors. I had the AC recharged in July 2014 and it still blows cold. Heat is hot, cruise control functions, etc. etc. This car has NEVER let me down.

However, keep in mind that this is a 20-year-old car, so it has its collection of problems. There are squeaks and rattles any rational person would expect from a 20-year-old convertible, as well as paint chips. There is a single, light dent in the driver's door that is only visible in certain lights and angles. I would have to point it out to you.

The bad:

-Very, very slight oil leak from the front of the timing cover. This is a result of the PI swap and very common due to that. I don't typically need to add oil but monitor it between oil changes.
-Very slight leak somewhere in the power steering system. Either from the lines or the rack, not sure which. I check the fluid level frequently and it's not bad enough to have needed me to add any fluid.
-Clear coat failure on the driver's side fender. It is very obvious when you see the car and I can send you a picture if you're a serious buyer. There is also two thumbprint sized spots on the passenger side rear quarter panel.
-Car will hesitate under hard acceleration around 4500 RPM, but not consistently. May be a clogged fuel injector, or equally likely that the ECU is not used to going that high, as I tend to drive the car like a grandpa.
-Driver's seat has a very small tear in the leather. See in pic below.
-Transmission will grind if you hard shift from 1st to 2nd when the car is not fully warmed up. Sometimes will do this when it's very cold outside as well. It's annoying but not an issue if you're driving the car like a normal person.

The good:

-I replaced the brakes on this car in 2011 with Power Slot rotors and Hawk brake pads. Still LOTS of life left in these (the factory equipment lasted me until over 100,000 miles).
-Factory clutch is still strong. Yes, the original clutch. Like I said above, the car has been babied.
-Convertible top was replaced in 2011. Still has defrost rear window and it works. NO LEAKS.
-Factory 2.73 rear gears net me about 18/19 city and 26/27 highway around town. If you push the car above 70 mph the highway number will drop. I typically see 21 mpg mixed.
-Full service history. I kept detailed records of the service I did to this car and the previous owners did as well.
-Sony X-plod head unit with AUX port.
-Never been smoked in.

Extras you get:

-Full service history and original Ford brochures and window sticker
-Convertible boot
-Car cover with lock and keys
-Original gas cap (currently has locking gas cap installed)
-Two sets of keys with keyless entry fobs
-Ford Racing 3.55 gears in box
-Steeda speedometer gear (for 3.55 gears speedo correction)
-Chilton's manual
-Sun visors

IMG_0381.jpg

77e81173-2fa2-4dd5-8652-2d42e5a7ed1f.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

Cash only. NO TRADES. Reasonable offers will be entertained, but I'm not giving this car away. Clean SC title in hand. No joy rides or test drives without cash in my hand. PM me for my phone number if you want to talk business.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.