Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >$15K

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dumb&Dumber90

Dec 18, 2018
Florida
Hi Stangnet -

New to the forum and to Mustang ownership. We (my brother-in-law and I, aka Dumb and Dumber) won an auction on Bring a Trailer recently for a sight unseen '90 Conv. GT 5-Spd. Stock one owner car, no rust, sub 50K miles.

We've been looking for a while and pretty happy with the car, but feeling like we paid too much in the heat of the moment at the end of the auction. By the time we get it delivered and have a tune up done, we think we'll be into it for well above what we've seen elsewhere in the market though its hard to know given the range. What do you all think a fair price range might be?

Lots to learn from you all and need to figure what mechanical enhancements may be desired/necessary (e.g. brakes, subframe connectors etc...)

Hoping to get years of joy out of it and let her run.

Also - if anyone has good suggestions for reputable and reasonable shops/mechanics in the Tampa Bay Area please let us know.

- D&D90

• Sponsors (?)

Hard to place a value with out seeing it, but unmolested low milers in good shape fetch a pretty penny. I’m not sure how the ‘Verts are doing market wise,but I imagine they are doing almost as well as notches and hatch cars.
Oh -and :welcome: to :SN:

It only matters when you sell it. Fox's are hot right now and cars in that condition are not plentiful. My experience has been to get the best one you can afford vs a fixer upper in hopes of saving money. Great car, once I buy I don't look back only forward to the enjoyment. Enjoy it, you will get lots of interest and compliments.

Reactions: 1 user
Right now LX coupes are the rage. 5-spds always fetch more than automatics, and convertibles tend to get overlooked.

Yours is the right color, and fairly low mileage, but I'd say $8-10k would have been probably been more realistic in a traditional in-person purchase. Auction prices tend to be a little higher.

Still I wouldn't sweat it too much. Do you like the car? Do you plan on enjoying it? Then who cares what you paid.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user