2-factor authentication required EACH time i login?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
This is getting annoying and i can't figure out why.

Id i browse on my laptop, ANY time i close stangnet, it requires going through the 2-factor EACH time i log back in. Multiple times per day even if i check the "good for 30 days" box.

This has happened on a few different wifi's, hotspotting to my phone and on or off the work VPN. I can't figure out the common denominator as to why it's happening.

Doesn't do it on my phone, which leads me to think some setting on my laptop was changed somehow.

It could be a couple of things. The first two that come to mind:

Your IP keeps changing through the VPN.
You need to completely clear the cache in the browser you're using (causing you to authenticate again) and see if that clears up the issue going forward.

If the VPN is causing the heartache, I'd recommend PMing me for a workaround.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Currently not on a VPN. Using my home wifi with no VPN active.

The 2-factor emails state the IP that the request is coming from. I've checked the hundred or so emails i've gotten and they are all the same IP.

Cleared my browser cache, no worky.

If i log onto SN and immediately close out of the window and reopen it, i need to repeat the 2-factor again. What's annoying is that each time, TWO emails are sent out to me and it's luck of the draw which is the right code.

However, looks like it only happens with EDGE. If i use Chrome, it stays logged in. Looks like i'll just stick to Chrome