Drivetrain 2000 Mustang Gt - Strange Squeaking Sound Under Car As I'm Coming To A Stop And As I'm Taking Off.

jayrw

Sep 2, 2007
Clovis, California.
I recently had my transmission repaired (T45 / broken shift fork) and although the car drives and shifts fine I'm hearing a new noise I've never heard before just 1 day after getting it out of the shop, as the car is coming to a stop I hear this strange constant squeak / squeal noise which also occurs just as I'm taking off.

The noise always occurs even if the clutch isnt engaged / car in neutral.

It's going back to the same shop tomorrow I'm just curious if anyone knows what the sound might be or if anyone cares to take a guess.

I recorded an audio clip with my cellphone, I let the car coast to a stop and then you hear it again as I'm taking off:
http://ded.zenblue.net/noise_mustang.mp3

Thanks.

• Sponsors(?)

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
If you push the clutch all the way in, does the noise go away or change? If so, it is likely a TOB.

jayrw

Sep 2, 2007
Clovis, California.
Oddly they said the noise was coming from the new transmission tailshaft seal they had put in, it had a longer sleeve on one end vs. the original seal and was rubbing on the yoke / driveline? sounds like they used the wrong part?

It's no longer making noise and I haven't noticed any leaks so guess its all good.