2001 GT fluttering

Fast6hand

Feb 4, 2020
Arizona
I have done a lot of research on this already. My issue is a bit different, so wanted to ask about it, and may be able to help others with the same problem.
Car started having a bubbly/fluttering issue. This happened after I gave it a wash, however driving home was fine, until I hit a corner and it started to misfire. I didn't wash the engine.It doesn't happen to bad when keeping smooth acceleration, however if I give it any kind of load it will start. This happens in all gears, at all rpm's.
It starts fine, idle is a little rough, revs fine with no load. Exhaust has different sound when idling, and engine will "shake" a bit more when give it any additional revs at idle. No check engine light.

Things I have checked:

- Pulled coils and plugs to check for anything unusual, nothing seemed out of place. Plugs were replaced a month ago.
- Checked ohms of coils and everything was in spec.
- Checked all connections to injectors and coils, all seemed good. Taking them off one by one changed rpms at idle

Recently I have changed a few things, like exhaust and CAI. I do have a exhaust leak, and think it is on the driver side before the upstream O2. Thinking it may need a MAF cleaning as well, since the aftermarket CAI doesn't utilize the original screen. Also, when I did the exhaust, O2 sensor was very hard to get in, due the length not being sufficient. Any thought or recommendations? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Also it doesn't clean up , and the fluttering is very uniform. Meaning it does not change sound, if that makes sense. And the IAC valve was changed a month ago. I also went to a larger throttle body and plenum, vacuum leak? Sorry this was info I forgot to mention, if it helps.

The car is fixed. Went to my mechanic to run codes, didn’t throw a single one, no misfire. Fuel pressure was good. Car ran like crap with no MAF plugged in. He recommended swapping boots and fresh plugs. Didn’t do the trick. So I went out and got a coil. I then swapped the coil with the others, and after switching 5 times, found the bad coil. Gonna start buying a new coil every pay period to replace the others. Man this was a pain, but happy she’s running good again.

Reactions: 1 user