2006 Mustang Gt Convertible Leaking At Front Seal.

dzphantom

Feb 17, 2018
I have to replace my 2006 mustang gt convertible top. I cannot do this until I get my tax money. The front seal is leaking due to the top shrinking , it is leaking in the center. I need a quick temporary fix for a month or so until I can have the top replaced.. I will not put the top down until it is replaced, but I need to stop the leak. Any suggestions on how to do this for now would be appreciated..

• Sponsors (?)

I have tried a photo, but it shows nothing. I also cleaned up the water on the inside of the windshield as well as the front seal area.. The top is failing, I just need a month or so.. I just need a quick fix until then.

I have confirmed that the leak is from the front seal. The water that I cleaned up was from this seal. The seal is fine the top locks are fine, It is from the center of the top that shrank and is pulling away..

stang.jpg

I would mask it off with painter's tape and apply a thin coat of clear or black RTV. Let it sit for 20 or so minutes then pull off the painter's tape and allow it to cure overnight.

That will seal it until you're ready for a new top.