2007 POWER SEAT MALFUNCTIONING

I have a 2007 mustang that we just purchased and the power seat doesn't go forward and back very well. It appears to be a track issue because it binds up after an inch or 2 each way it goes forward or backward. Can someone tell me if they've had the same issue and what was done to repair it? Do I just need to rip the hole base out an start over?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2007 mustang that we just purchased and the power seat doesn't go forward and back very well. It appears to be a track issue because it binds up after an inch or 2 each way it goes forward or backward. Can someone tell me if they've had the same issue and what was done to repair it? Do I just need to rip the hole base out an start over?
I
Mine did too, but it was the switch, they have points in them like the old cars I used to have, I took it a part and used a finger nail file , cleaned and put back together, worked ok since then,