2018-dealers putting in 8qts and not 10 on gt's Beware!!

the realness

Dec 5, 2002
I haven't posted on this site in years, but I felt the need to do so tonight. I took my car in for its first Free oil change at the dealer yesterday, and noticed that no oil was showing on the dip stick once I got it home and let it cool down. I re-checked it about an hr later, same result! So I grabbed the invoice and noticed that they put 8qts in(like 15-17s). I read the owners manual and it clearly calls for 10qts! I called the dealership and notified them of the issue, and they told me they have never put 10qts in any of the gt's and they where pretty sure they only took 8qts. Moral of the story is they went back and rechecked and I was indeed right. So that means every brand new gt that has rolled off their lot and already had their first oil change could possibly be running 2qts low on oil. I did a little online research and found out this has happened to a few people(no telling how many). So word of advice, if the dealer or who ever is changing your oil, make sure they are putting 10 and not 8qts. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)