Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Back together and running well!!

BC4D2F44-C849-4A06-AD1B-62190074C6F6.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm going to pull my intake and valve covers and give them a freshen up too, soon, next couple weeks. Ill redo mine in silver though. I should have did it when I had all that :poo: off a year ago. I had to replace my valve cover gaskets. Oh well. I have a explorer intake but I'm going to wait until I'm ready to do my head/cam combo. I like the little American flag touch!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

My valve covers were leaking too, and no matter what I did, the bolts would always loosen up. I hope these Fel Pro’s make that problem go away.

A little minor work tonight, but one step closer in cleaning up the engine bay. Ran the booster right to the manifold, and replumbed some of the other vacuum lines to get rid of the tree on the firewall.
Next I’ll get that harness tucked up under the pinch weld.
603A5956-C2EF-4BB7-B404-EF569AF47410.png

Reactions: 1 users
Took an unplanned vacation day from work today, and since it’s snowing outside, I spent the day in the garage. I decided to reloom the main harness and tuck under the pinch weld. Also took the wiper motor off to clean and repaint. That led me to looking for room to put the EGR vacuum sensor under the inner fender (those inner fenders really need to be two pieces with a slip joint in he middle). I need to extend the two wires and was just wondering whether you guys prefer crimp or solder? Either way I’ll use shrink tubing and wrap it up nice. Ordered some tesa tape to wrap everything up. I’m hoping to get the vacuum check valve and lines inside the fender as well.
Here’s where I’m at:
9ADC1604-0997-4061-921D-2BAE30D4965E.jpeg

Mounted the EGR vacuum regulator and the vacuum check valve on the inner fender. Still a little clean up, connect the lines, and zip tie it all nice and neat.
661ABD1F-5109-4D14-8D29-07BCB7DB2A81.jpeg
6DCE8C09-8942-4FD9-92AF-F54EEEA9C80D.jpeg

I take a ton of pictures, but apparantly did t take one of the EGR vacuum regulator, and now I’m second guessing which line goes to which port.
Do I have it correct in my diagram? Or is reversed?
656CFB5C-D774-4F85-AB64-0FD928948A29.jpeg

Not much to report, but while I wait for my Tesa tape to make the journey from overseas, I cleaned up and painted the wiper motor.
8AB5927C-D9EF-43D9-9D95-E488A3AC733B.jpeg

Not gonna make a new thread, but I have question for those of you who may be following my progress. I’ve been collecting parts for my 5 lug conversion and planned on staying drum in rear at first with this LMR set. I started thinking, and am wondering if these axles will work when I upgrade rear to disc. Is there a difference, other than needing the brackets for the calipers? Just don’t want to spend the money twice on axles. Thanks guys!
0027792C-6F4C-4323-AE30-DF75FFA4B71C.png

And the new ball joints came from the Fed Ex truck!! I guess I’ll see what the control arms look like when I take it apart before I decide on new or not. I’m hoping I can press the old out, clean, sand, and repaint the ones I have!
ABEC5454-6687-4DDE-8800-53933D5F9735.jpeg

So I decided to a full wire tuck / harness re-tape. Here’s where I sit now. I guess I can see why wiring may be scary, and it looks like a whole mess, but the more I took it apart, the more it all just makes sense where everything goes. I’m gonna take my time and hopefully the outcome is worth it!
Need one repair on a fusible link, another day or two wait on my Tesa tape (it finally hit NY) and I’ll be good to go.
A6CFF9B4-A10B-4318-B628-88622F5C5E26.jpeg
9E1B401F-A08F-4913-A0D8-D2C654B30FEB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I took the ratty hood insulation off a while ago, and revealed a few lazy paint jobs! Definitely need to do something about that!
Also ordered my Tesa tape to retape my harness from an overseas vendor. Ordered on Feb 12. Now it’s been sitting at JFK customs for four days. Very frustrating, and a mistake I won’t make again!!

Last edited: