Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Not much to report, but I think this decal I put on under the hood was a cool touch!
91AE1731-E311-430A-8B92-2080D8306E80.jpeg
I like that a lot better than a fiberglass blanket.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The squirrels got to that blanket before I bought it. Found the pieces under the upper intake when I took it off.
Dang rodents!
There is a place on the firewall of another project I have going that is supposed to have a strip of plastic covered yellow fiberglass mat over a few posts. (The firewall is right behind the rear seats in this car.)
A dang mouse got into it and hid under parts on the top of the engine. I think the test of the car stayed rodent free. The only practical replacement I have found is something like Dynamat. That’s too shiny. I hope the engine bay paint looks good enough to leave it uncovered and use Dynamat on the inside under the trim.
It would be a great place for a logo like this. Thanks.

First flurries were falling today so I figured I may as well tear something apart.
These need a real good cleaning, so no time like the present.
3812B7D7-8631-43F7-979D-9C8ABB669604.jpeg

I just need to decide whether to leave them aluminum, paint satin black, or paint to match my intake and valve covers....... or a little of each?

First flurries were falling today so I figured I may as well tear something apart.
These need a real good cleaning, so no time like the present.
3812B7D7-8631-43F7-979D-9C8ABB669604.jpeg

I just need to decide whether to leave them aluminum, paint satin black, or paint to match my intake and valve covers....... or a little of each?
So, I ended up just cleaning everything up, and reinstalling. The tensioner started to get a little too much shine, but it’s better than grease.
I was able to clean up a lot on the front of the motor as well.
I want to be able to drive it if the road salt clears up at all, so wanted it back together. Now we pray for rain!!

I promised myself I wouldn’t tear it down this winter...... and I haven’t.
I did have my brother come over the other day, and we got the hatch hinges changed out, so that was a step in the right direction. (sorry, no pics)
Can’t wait for the salt on the roads to be gone, and car show/meet season to begin!
So she sits and waits in the garage:

I did score that old school Ford Motorsport flag on eBay though.... that was cool!
80EE4FC2-65ED-4EAA-8851-E1FDB035942F.jpeg

Not much going on lately, but I did buy some new lower windshield molding, and some lower splash shields (or whatever you call them).
Crappy, rainy day here so I’ll probably crawl under and get those on today.
F4824D83-F700-45F8-A8AC-60EAF8664672.jpeg

C9DF1C3C-1A4E-42A8-81BD-562B8035142E.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I am interested in how his gears worked out. Being the first time for him, and garage done makes it impressive. I would love to make an attempt at it since it is a big power improvement, and he saved probably six to eight hundred.

• Agree