Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

Has anyone used the LMR Convertible ones? These mounts are desirable due to lowering the engine 1/2" over the standard ones.

I was actually looking those until I started hearing about all the fitment issues. I’m interested to hear if anyone used this exact pair.
If I go with the poly, I guess I’ll have to go back to a rubber trans mount.
........ or I could just throw these old ones back on until I pull the motor (probably a winter 2022 project)

When I got my Saleen 12 years ago one of the first things I did was to replace the motor mounts because they were wasted. I started with the vert mounts from Napa. They fit and bolted in just fine but the fan hit the fan shroud because the motor sat lower. I did not want to fool with making that work so I returned them and got the standard mounts. One side fit and was correct. The other side was wrong in some manor. I do not remember the details now. After getting 3 replacements that were wrong, I returned the one and went across the street to oriiley's and bought one from them. Theirs was correct but the threads on the stud for the nut was messed up on the first one. Second was not as bad but it was still bad. I ended up chasing the threads and it finally went on. What a pain that was. In hindsight I should have gone with the poly bushings but I was on a tight budget back then and needed to stretch the car fund as much as possible.

When I changed the oil a couple weeks ago I noticed one of them is starting to deteriorate again so I am going to change them again later this summer. I am going poly this time and not fooling with all that mess again.

Reactions: 1 user
The LMR ones are the same as what you would get at the parts store. A lot of what LMR sells that isn't branded is repackaged parts store parts. Water pumps, power steering pumps, master cylinders, etc. All stuff you can get at Napa for cheaper.

I've had the Anchor mounts, and the Pioneer mounts in my hand and they are the same. The bolt holes don't line up. LMR sells a lot of repackaged Pioneer brand parts from what I've found. (Their speedo cable is one example)

Even LMR admits they are all from one source.
1618424412364.png

Just save your money and buy the $6 anchor mounts vs the $60 LMR stuff. It's gonna fit the same

1618424174959.png

Last edited:
If you buy poly mounts, get the energy suspension mounts and not the prothane mounts. There are issues with fit on the prothane mounts, and they are taller as they are based on the pre-91 hardtop mounts.

The energy suspension mounts fit much better and are based on the later convertible engine mounts.

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback. I’ll have to think about this one.

In the meantime, I remembered I had a welder :doh: and I fixed my k member nut/clip that had broken!
27722307-02CC-4B8B-AD68-3D0A5CAECF66.jpeg

BE503E82-E945-43C7-B1E8-F73E8E695586.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
If you buy poly mounts, get the energy suspension mounts and not the prothane mounts. There are issues with fit on the prothane mounts, and they are taller as they are based on the pre-91 hardtop mounts.

The energy suspension mounts fit much better and are based on the later convertible engine mounts.
So will these drop the engine down as well? I tried the part store vert mounts a few years back and I had clearance issues with the fan and the shroud so I went back to normal mounts for my car.

So will these drop the engine down as well? I tried the part store vert mounts a few years back and I had clearance issues with the fan and the shroud so I went back to normal mounts for my car.

they are supposed to, as the very mounts are supposed to be lower. I can’t comment if they actually are as I’ve had an Efan for a couple decades now

I will say this...... the one on the left in the pic is a Ford part, and the other had been changed at some point to who knows what brand.
The Ford one is noticeably heavier than the other.
3765E1BF-9143-4926-892D-961E362A621E.jpeg

D2917187-2675-4E3F-B986-14CA4D094A7D.jpeg

In the “what’s keeping me from working on the Fox” portion of my thread....... I am making good progress on the half bath I’m doing over.
Plenty more little things to do.....(mirror, moldings, towel rack, etc)........ but I’m in the home stretch on this project!

Got my MM order today also, so rear upper control arms went into the parts pile in waiting..... as well as urethane steering rack bushings, and the front spring install tool.
CF285046-D02C-4D2D-BAC0-E0C19B7331DA.jpeg

3E724C37-8EFE-4C41-8F6A-1CAC17F4B140.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Got an email yesterday that RockAuto got the AGX shocks back in stock. Placed the order before they went out of stock again, and they were here today.
One step closer to completing the parts shopping list!
image.jpg

And as far as my motor mounts...... I cleaned and painted the old ones, and I’m sending them right back into service. I’ll redo all that when I pull the motor.
192EE7CB-0BC4-443F-9B52-7B99DB557713.jpeg

Last edited:
After all the hard work (and great!) work you’ve done I’m surprised you’re not replacing those motor mounts.

I use the agx shocks/struts as well. They seem to work well!
Thank you!!
My plan is to pull the motor in a year or so, so I’ll replace them then.
There’s still a lot to spend just to get this stage finished, so something had to give.

I've been running the solid m mounts with rubber trans mount for years, you can do them without taking the motor out so no biggie you reinstalled those shotty old wornout ones. I know you want to get her back on the road asap.

I've been running the solid m mounts with rubber trans mount for years, you can do them without taking the motor out so no biggie you reinstalled those shotty old wornout ones. I know you want to get her back on the road asap.
I do want to get it back on the road ASAP.
I need to buy springs, rear lower control arms, and a few more brake lines ....... oh and caster camber plates. See the list never ends! Lol