Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

So I’ve had fire extinguishers on my mind for a while. Finally bought 4 of them (one for each car in the family).
Started with the Fox. I decided on next to the rear seat since there’s rarely anyone in the back anyway.
I used some Scotch heavy duty velcro, so no drilling we’ll see how it holds up.
B695A5E3-441D-4693-B20C-2F2BF8544217.jpeg

image.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Did you do new apholstry..Or are those seats original.
Whoever did the four eye to aero conversion changed out the seats as well. I think they are from a 90’s era car. Dash and center console are all that’s left of the original 86 interior.
Overall it’s in pretty good shape, so I’m ok with it.
I do believe that whatever year the seats are from……..they are original to that year….. not reupholstered.

I fixed up the exhaust and got those rattles fixed, and now all I have is a few dash rattles. I’m real real happy with the way this car is running right now. Motor, suspension, brakes….. everything!
Now I just need more horsepower!!! Lol

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Will definitely take some pics at Lucas this weekend. Bummed you can’t make it. Maybe next time.

And btw, you know you just jinxed yourself by putting in writing how happy you are with the way the car is running right now. Lol

I would assume it's got that dirtbike feel now with the power band. The fact that you did it yourself is the real deal. Add that up with everything else and its a big winner. Wish I had some gears, but you never know. Some winter I might attempt it.

Reactions: 1 users
Rdub6. The Lucas show was rained out. They are working on a rain date. I’ll let you know when I hear something.

And be careful with that fire extinguisher. While those Scotch fastening pads are very strong, God forbid you got into an accident or something. I doubt that it would hold and that thing could go flying and really hurt you or someone else in the car. I’ll send a pic where I mounted mine years ago. Two small self tap screws through the carpet into the trans tunnel. Been there for years, and if I decided to remove it you would never see the holes through the carpet.

I was in a rollover crash about 10-15 years ago. Walked away fine but the biggest injuries I sustained was from crap in the interior flying around and striking me. It’s why to this day I drive all my cars with very minimal loose stuff in the interior. In fact, the interior of my DD is as empty as it was when the car was new.

I second securing the extinguisher more securely.

• Agree
Rdub6. The Lucas show was rained out. They are working on a rain date. I’ll let you know when I hear something.

And be careful with that fire extinguisher. While those Scotch fastening pads are very strong, God forbid you got into an accident or something. I doubt that it would hold and that thing could go flying and really hurt you or someone else in the car. I’ll send a pic where I mounted mine years ago. Two small self tap screws through the carpet into the trans tunnel. Been there for years, and if I decided to remove it you would never see the holes through the carpet.
That’s a very good point!
I actually thought about where you have it, but decided against the drilling. Maybe I’ll rethink it…. Thanks!

I actually thought about that show a little while ago while I’m here at work….. thinking if it got rained out. Hopefully the schedule works out next time.

Did you do new apholstry..Or are those seats original.
They are from a 90’s (not sure of the year). Whomever did the aero conversion did that at the same time. As far as I know it’s original upholstery.

And as you can see, they didn’t do the shoulder belt conversion, so now I have those empty belt receptacles (I do have new ones that need paint that are not cracked at least).

So I rarely drive my car to work. Got out at 7 yesterday with some nice weather, and thought to myself…… sure wish I was driving the Stang home.
Same schedule today so decided to take it to work.
I get there, and all of a sudden the driver side window doesn’t want to go up. Motor and switch both have been changed since I owned it in 2017. Ok…. No biggie…. It’s parked in a spot where I can keep an eye on it.
Come time to leave…… the rear view mirror had come off the windshield, hit the shifter, cracked and sprayed glass everywhere. Again, no biggie….. but WTF.
Had a nice ride home anyway, but apparently the car doesn’t like work just as much as I don’t!!

Lol. That’s definitely the car trying to tell you something. Btw, did u ever get the window up Rdub?
Nope. Parked it where I could keep an eye on it. Drove it home and into the garage.
I have a few spare switches, so hoping it’s that and not the motor again.
Ordered a new rear view from NPD last night. You don’t realize how much you use that mirror till it’s not there!

• Agree